Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default IDF strikes Hezbollah posts on border as terror group, Iran threaten to join war

Israeli drones, artillery, and tanks struck targets in Lebanon on Friday after an apparent drone was intercepted, shots were fired at a number of military posts on the northern frontier and an explosion damaged the border security barrier, the Israel Defense Forces said.
    The incidents were the latest skirmishes around the Lebanese border amid fears that the Lebanon-based Hezbollah terror group will open up a second front amid the war triggered by last weekend’s unprecedented Hamas invasion from the Gaza Strip, which killed more than 1,300 Israelis, most of them civilians.
    It also came amid new warnings from Hezbollah and Iran that the fighting could escalate into a regional conflict.
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-sh...n-to-join-war/
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Yep, I said earlier, it looks like a broader war in on the horizon.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Yep, I said earlier, it looks like a broader war in on the horizon.
    I think it's saber-rattling for now. I would think that if Iran and/or Hezbollah were going to be involved they would have coordinated their attack(s) with Hamas.

Doesn't mean they might not try and take advantage if they see one. In that event, guess we'll see if the Austin/Blinken Presidency is just saber rattling as well
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I think it's saber-rattling for now. I would think that if Iran and/or Hezbollah were going to be involved they would have coordinated their attack(s) with Hamas.

Doesn't mean they might not try and take advantage if they see one. In that event, guess we'll see if the Austin/Blinken Presidency is just saber rattling as well
    I see Iran and Hezbollah figuring let Hamas fighters die first. They are expendable. If Israel is pressured to settle, it's a cheap win.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post