Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Starbucks disagrees with union over its ‘solidarity with Palestine’ post

Seriously. It's coffee. If there was any one thing that points to American spoiled asses above and beyond, this is certainly in the running for top of the list. How a labor union that represents coffee thinks it needs to weigh in on the side of terrorists, or any damned thing else but coffee, beats me.

I already semi-boycott Starbucks. Meaning, I ain't going out of my way to get it when Folgers works just fine at 1/4 if not more the price. If it's there and no other choice, I'll get a cup. Almost worth the price when they ask what-all I want in it and I say "black"

This is stupid. Rant over

CNNStarbucks on Wednesday criticized a message by its union about Hamas’ terrorist attack on Israeli civilians.
    The union, Starbucks Workers United, posted “Solidarity with Palestine” on social media platform X above an image of a bulldozer operated by Hamas tearing down a fence on the Gaza strip during the attacks against Israel last weekend, according to some news organizations who saw the post.
    The union’s account has since deleted the tweet, but not before it sparked some calls for a boycott of Starbucks on social media. Starbucks Workers United did not respond to CNN’s request for comment.
    In a separate post on X, SEIU International President Mary Kay Henry wrote that “the violence in Israel and Palestine is unconscionable. @SEIU stands with all who are suffering, while strongly condemning anti-Semitism, Islamophobia & hate in all forms. I pray for a swift resolution and a future where all in the region can be happy, safe & live with dignity.” Workers United, which includes the Starbucks union drive, is affiliated with SEIU.
    https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/busin...ers/index.html
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Seriously. It's coffee. If there was any one thing that points to American spoiled asses above and beyond, this is certainly in the running for top of the list. How a labor union that represents coffee thinks it needs to weigh in on the side of terrorists, or any damned thing else but coffee, beats me.

I already semi-boycott Starbucks. Meaning, I ain't going out of my way to get it when Folgers works just fine at 1/4 if not more the price. If it's there and no other choice, I'll get a cup. Almost worth the price when they ask what-all I want in it and I say "black"

This is stupid. Rant over

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/13/busin...ers/index.html
    I don't like Starbucks, period. Don't like their coffee or the preciousness the workers seem to consider themselves. Ok, I do buy one Spiced Pumpkin Latte during the season, just 1. Calorie counts! LOL!

However, I'm all in favor of free speech-whether workers or college students. I'm also all in favor of businesses being able to set rules of expectations. Thus, if one wishes to defend the indefensible raping, shooting of civilians, murders of babies/families, the businesses should be able to say, 'Don't bother applying, you're not wanted.' If university students want to say, 'We are in favor of said indefensible...' AND don masks, businesses can certainly say, 'If you are from X university, don't bother applying...'

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

With glee?

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/10...ghing-n2165062

Cancel Culture Finally Comes for the Left, and I Can't Stop LaughingBy Bonchie | 2:13 PM on October 14, 2023

Following the deadly invasion by Hamas terrorists that took the lives of at least 1,200 people in Israel, you'd think there would be no question who was at fault. You'd think that, but you'd be wrong.

As I wrote previously, all the geopolitical arguments in the world, right or wrong, do not excuse mass murder, including the massacring of children. When Hamas crossed the border and started indiscriminately killing people and taking hostages, there was no question that the gloves would have to come off. Complaints about settlements and the Al-Aqsa mosque became academic at that point.

Still, in the immediate aftermath of the attacks, some people actually came out in open support of Hamas' atrocities, justifying them and blaming Israel for the murder of its own people. Joint letters were put out by universities and protests were held with chants glorifying Hamas "martyrs."

Naturally, some companies decided that was a bridge too far and rescinded job offers to those who participated, and now the crying has begun.

Ryna Workman had a job offer lined up when the New York University law student wrote a message to the university’s Student Bar Association saying Israel was solely to blame for the war with Hamas that has killed at least 1,300 people in Israel and more than 1,350 people in Gaza.

“Israel bears full responsibility for this tremendous loss of life,” Workman wrote. “This regime of state-sanctioned violence created the conditions that made resistance necessary. I will not condemn Palestinian resistance.”

But the post came with a consequence: Workman no longer has a job after law school.

Wait, am I supposed to feel sorry for a person who literally cheerleaded mass murder and claimed it was simply "resistance?" Is that really what the Post is suggesting with this hand-wringing article full of defenses of people espousing nazi ideology? Last I checked, the left loves cancel culture, and no single entity of the left loves it more than the university system.

Recall that Harvard rescinded its acceptance of Kyle Kashuv, a school shooting survivor because some vindictive person dug up and released years-old group chat messages in which he said some naughty words. But I'm supposed to care that Hamas apologists aren't getting hired?

The Post also cited Mia Khalifa, who was fired from Playboy for her posts on the day of the attacks. Here's how they describe it.

“If you can look at the situation in Palestine and not be on the side of Palestinians, then you are on the wrong side of apartheid and history will show that in time,” she wrote over the weekend.

After Khalifa continued to post her support of the Palestinian people, Playboy announced its decision to end its business relationship with the former adult-film star and delete her Centerfold channel. Her page has since been taken down.

Well, that's one way to describe it. Another more accurate way is to note that she called Hamas' atrocities a Renaissance painting and asked the terrorists to turn their phones to landscape mode so she could witness the murders of Jews more clearly. So yeah, it was a bit more than posting "her support for the Palestinian people." Again, am I supposed to be upset that Khalifa got fired? What exactly is the Post's point?

Regardless, my response to this is simple: I can't stop laughing.

This is what the left wanted. They wanted a world where people get publicly and professionally punished for the things they say. Further, they wanted the standard to be so low that people could get fired for simply speaking basic truths, such as that men can't become women. But now, the very same left wants to pull back that standard to include supporting terrorists who shoot up music festivals.

Yeah, no. That's not how this works. The left wanted these new rules, and they will be made to live by them. These are the same people who shouted down conservatives on college campuses for daring to believe in basic biology. Getting fired for supporting Hamas isn't technically cancel culture, but even if it were, I'd still be all for it.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Likes SassyLady liked this post