Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Room is half torn down, half covered in tarps

Damn bedroom is covered in plastic like I moved out or whatever. I got tired of waiting for things to be completed, so I pulled off the plastic and put my PC back together for an evening. Going damn stir crazy at home without a computer to sit at.

Should have at least my room back tomorrow. The rest of the house can fall for all I care.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Damn bedroom is covered in plastic like I moved out or whatever. I got tired of waiting for things to be completed, so I pulled off the plastic and put my PC back together for an evening. Going damn stir crazy at home without a computer to sit at.

Should have at least my room back tomorrow. The rest of the house can fall for all I care.
    Damn Jim, is it all dried out yet? Those fans are unreal.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Damn Jim, is it all dried out yet? Those fans are unreal.
    Well, been dry up here since the roof was done, but then the ceiling happened, and now they are replacing that and some other work I asked since they are here already. Now the only drying is the spackling/plaster he put everywhere today along the seams of the drywall along with the tape. So let it dry overnight and then tomorrow is painting day. May not take too too long but it's gonna royally stink for a night at a minimum. Then they are off to our front porch and pull off the stepping and top of the porch, fix the masonry & all stone being replaced with bluestone. Real thick and beautiful rock (if rock can be beautiful).

Last is to paint the exterior of the home, but trying to postpone that for now.... woman will never let me go to Alaska if I let her spend too much on home crap! Gotta have your priorities straight!

Got enough saved now for round trip tickets to go there but those are for LONG delays in between that you must sit for 4-5hrs before next flight and would end up being like an 18-20hr day door to door. This can be reduced to like 12hrs almost with better flights. Or staying somewhere for a night on the way there and back, but those 2 hotel stays would be more $ as well. Then I like to have fun while I'm in Alaska, so need like another $500 for booze, and like another $200 for incidentals, and if Alaskan king crab is back when I go next, need at least $340 for that to buy the MONSTER sized combo Sharon showed me at Costco there!

If I was capable of having patience in my flying and getting there and spent reasonably, I would be just about there. Got round trip the first time with Rick for $600, but was the day from hell. I took liberties and got much much more comfy and spoiled and my 2 follow-up trips! Bad enough I got the rooms each way, got there faster in total flight time, but also had 1st class seats as well. LOL But now best scenario would be reasonable total flight time getting there and back in one day. If crab is still banned I will save a ton on that. But Rick should feel better by then and hopefully the booze remains the same.

Yes, I rambled there. Had like 17 post of coffee today and no computer til now. Then gotta put back later anyway. So getting all my words out once.

@Gunny - got that message you wrote about the working out and eating printed and for me to reference at my desk. Some damn good ideas in there all around. So I let my wife read it and she yelled at me for showing it to her - saying that she has been telling me similar shit for years and I never listen to her. (she was right, that I didn't listen I mean). But been trying to follow the eating stuff as well. I have been averaging a so called total burning of calories daily of like 1800-1900. I've been eating mainly at the 1600 range but quite a few days closer to 1400. Since my first gym session I have no lost 9lbs around and am at 181. 175-180 was the goal and then tone the body slightly and build cardio. And now I'm in the slight muscle building stage and gotta find a happy medium in there somewhere where the weight is ultimately maintainable in the 175-180 range even if toned slightly better than before.

Also cut out all foods that may remotely harm my LDL from the cholesterol, added some salt as I have that low sodium blood count, and then just eating healthier all around. Haven't eaten any cakes, twinkies or other of those damn things, and no gorging on food right before bed. Switched to oatmeal, healthy fruits & maybe some quality beef jerky that doesn't have all the crap in it you see in the bags on the shelves. Or make it yourself.

I haven't had much success in that whole eating of raw veggies though. While not adverse to eating vegetables, none seemed really edible without being cooked in some manner. My wife gave me raw broccoli. I tried a bite and then threw it at her. Was so bad that I thought she gave it to me as a joke when she was just trying to be helpful.

I'm digging the workouts and gym entirely for now. Love the steam room to death. Place smells like eucalyptus through the entire place. And did I mention that the ladies near me with the $$ go there and change into those tight workout pants? I only glanced once for a quick second, so that's how I know that.

Remember what I said about rambling? I should have made one of the TLDR versions first, then rambled. But I know a few people will read the entire thing anyway and then just think WTF to themselves.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, fj1200, Mr. P, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Well, been dry up here since the roof was done, but then the ceiling happened, and now they are replacing that and some other work I asked since they are here already. Now the only drying is the spackling/plaster he put everywhere today along the seams of the drywall along with the tape. So let it dry overnight and then tomorrow is painting day. May not take too too long but it's gonna royally stink for a night at a minimum. Then they are off to our front porch and pull off the stepping and top of the porch, fix the masonry & all stone being replaced with bluestone. Real thick and beautiful rock (if rock can be beautiful).

Last is to paint the exterior of the home, but trying to postpone that for now.... woman will never let me go to Alaska if I let her spend too much on home crap! Gotta have your priorities straight!

Got enough saved now for round trip tickets to go there but those are for LONG delays in between that you must sit for 4-5hrs before next flight and would end up being like an 18-20hr day door to door. This can be reduced to like 12hrs almost with better flights. Or staying somewhere for a night on the way there and back, but those 2 hotel stays would be more $ as well. Then I like to have fun while I'm in Alaska, so need like another $500 for booze, and like another $200 for incidentals, and if Alaskan king crab is back when I go next, need at least $340 for that to buy the MONSTER sized combo Sharon showed me at Costco there!

If I was capable of having patience in my flying and getting there and spent reasonably, I would be just about there. Got round trip the first time with Rick for $600, but was the day from hell. I took liberties and got much much more comfy and spoiled and my 2 follow-up trips! Bad enough I got the rooms each way, got there faster in total flight time, but also had 1st class seats as well. LOL But now best scenario would be reasonable total flight time getting there and back in one day. If crab is still banned I will save a ton on that. But Rick should feel better by then and hopefully the booze remains the same.

Yes, I rambled there. Had like 17 post of coffee today and no computer til now. Then gotta put back later anyway. So getting all my words out once.

@Gunny - got that message you wrote about the working out and eating printed and for me to reference at my desk. Some damn good ideas in there all around. So I let my wife read it and she yelled at me for showing it to her - saying that she has been telling me similar shit for years and I never listen to her. (she was right, that I didn't listen I mean). But been trying to follow the eating stuff as well. I have been averaging a so called total burning of calories daily of like 1800-1900. I've been eating mainly at the 1600 range but quite a few days closer to 1400. Since my first gym session I have no lost 9lbs around and am at 181. 175-180 was the goal and then tone the body slightly and build cardio. And now I'm in the slight muscle building stage and gotta find a happy medium in there somewhere where the weight is ultimately maintainable in the 175-180 range even if toned slightly better than before.

Also cut out all foods that may remotely harm my LDL from the cholesterol, added some salt as I have that low sodium blood count, and then just eating healthier all around. Haven't eaten any cakes, twinkies or other of those damn things, and no gorging on food right before bed. Switched to oatmeal, healthy fruits & maybe some quality beef jerky that doesn't have all the crap in it you see in the bags on the shelves. Or make it yourself.

I haven't had much success in that whole eating of raw veggies though. While not adverse to eating vegetables, none seemed really edible without being cooked in some manner. My wife gave me raw broccoli. I tried a bite and then threw it at her. Was so bad that I thought she gave it to me as a joke when she was just trying to be helpful.

I'm digging the workouts and gym entirely for now. Love the steam room to death. Place smells like eucalyptus through the entire place. And did I mention that the ladies near me with the $$ go there and change into those tight workout pants? I only glanced once for a quick second, so that's how I know that.

Remember what I said about rambling? I should have made one of the TLDR versions first, then rambled. But I know a few people will read the entire thing anyway and then just think WTF to themselves.
    That was an awesome, very rambling post. Made me laugh! Have fun at gym!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, jimnyc liked this post