Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Default Police State

By Dinesh D'Souza

Anyone planning on seeing it this week? I'm going tomorrow with our community activists. I'll let you know how it is.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

2. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    By Dinesh D'Souza

Anyone planning on seeing it this week? I'm going tomorrow with our community activists. I'll let you know how it is.
    My only problem with Dinesh D'Souza's version of this that D'Souza seems to want to make it about the left & right or "deep state" vs Trump.
    I'm glad they are mentioning that it started in force with 911 & the patriot act etc, but it's been going on against those on the left, libertarians, militia groups, 'religious extremist', "populist", activist and the poor for over 20 years.
    while many on the right were in denial and saying that if the FBI or police were after them then they must have been doing something wrong.
    "And if not they'll have their day in court ...so what's the problem?!"

But i have to say in all fairness that Fox news did have Judge Napolitano on for years after 911 talking about this kinda stuff.
    He is one of the best.
    Exactly the same unconstitutional overreach going on then, just slightly different targets.
    The modern broad extreme "legal" precedents were set when ANYONE could be labeled a "terror suspect".
    But "Police State" tactics have been going on since MLKing.
    I'm glad folks like
    Dinesh D'Souza can see it a bit too now.
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-23-2023 at 08:25 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

4. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    My only problem with Dinesh D'Souza's version of this that D'Souza seems to want to make it about the left & right or "deep state" vs Trump.
    I'm glad they are mentioning that it started in force with 911 & the patriot act etc, but it's been going on against those on the left, libertarians, militia groups, 'religious extremist', "populist", activist and the poor for over 20 years.
    while many on the right were in denial and saying that if the FBI or police were after them then they must have been doing something wrong.
    "And if not they'll have their day in court ...so what's the problem?!"

But i have to say in all fairness that Fox news did have Judge Napolitano on for years after 911 talking about this kinda stuff.
    He is one of the best.
    Exactly the same unconstitutional overreach going on then, just slightly different targets.
    The modern broad extreme "legal" precedents were set when ANYONE could be labeled a "terror suspect".
    But "Police State" tactics have been going on since MLKing.
    I'm glad folks like
    Dinesh D'Souza can see it a bit too now.
    I'm one of nine kids. All my siblings have been incarcerated at some point in their life (I'm the oldest and never been in trouble ... yet).

All of them screamed about police brutality. I was one of those that said stop doing the crime and you won't do time. Because they actually were doing criminal shit. One brother is in jail for 3 consecutive life sentences for murder.

But none of it was political persecution like what is going on now. This police state is different than being manhandled during an arrest.

I'll give a review later.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

6. Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    I'm one of nine kids. All my siblings have been incarcerated at some point in their life (I'm the oldest and never been in trouble ... yet).

All of them screamed about police brutality. I was one of those that said stop doing the crime and you won't do time. Because they actually were doing criminal shit. One brother is in jail for 3 consecutive life sentences for murder.

But none of it was political persecution like what is going on now. This police state is different than being manhandled during an arrest.

I'll give a review later.
    When i was growing up one of my friends was put in jail for years for a robbery he did not commit.
    2 Years Later the real thief was caught.
    My brother has been stopped by police and had guns drawn on him several times for no reason. He's never been to jail or prison.
    I've been pulled over and hassled on 2 occasions for no reason.
    But it's not about my personal of familial experience.

It's been a growing problem that's been documented for decades by civil rights groups, civil liberties groups, activist, lawyers and even former cops and police chiefs and military.
    Just because D'Souza' sees it happening now to people HE THINKS never deserved it, doesn't mean it hasn't been going on.
    I and others have talked about it here in many threads over the years.
    While a few here have dismissed it all as a "few bad apples" and insist that nearly 99% of LEOs and the legal system is good.

"stop and frisk" policies of innocents are fine, as long as it's not in my neighborhood on my kids.
    NO-knock warrants and flash bangs grenades into baby crips in poor neighborhoods or Muslim homes is OK... we have to protect the cops lives of course.
    Asset Forfeiture willy nilly helps fund the 99% good cops.
    Harassing protesters, infiltrating protest, putting protesters on list, free speech zones, stop and ID hundreds of miles from the boarder and randomly across the country, TSA at planes trains
    Sneak and peak "warrants", Illegal police cell phone monitoring, Finger printing people in the field, forced blood test while driving, involuntary DNA samples drawn, Swat teams Raiding farms for fresh milk and eggs, etc Etc Etc...

it's not just about Police roughing up violent criminals.
    but even then sometimes that does cross over. I mean a prisoner killed by being put in jail freezer overnight, or shot while handcuffed in the back seat of a police car might be considered abusive 'police state" actions by some.

But simple police abuse is not the main point, it's the unconstitutional police state type overreach that targets people who some people in gov't do not like and the poor.
    The fact is until recently most middle class+ people have not fallen into the category that the gov't considered a threat.
    And when the few that did spoke out about it they were often ignored as one offs or crazy or a sad "mistake".
    Rather than folks considering that parts of the system have been reshaped to make the oppressive police state control we see now "legal".
    Last edited by revelarts; 10-23-2023 at 03:07 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16