Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Keiko Matsui, one of the finest piano players on the planet, leads a band of consumate musicians in playing songs that she writes and her husband produces. My French friend, a pianist himself and a stranger to political correctness, was totally blown away by the DVD I played for him. Half way through it he exclaimed,"she plays like a man!", he meant that as a compliment because he had never seen a woman pianist play with such force. By the end he turned to me and said, "these hands, they touch your dick, you die!"..... with the French accent, it was easily one of the funniest things I have ever heard. You tube doesn't have my favorite work by her but these are pretty good. The second one features her husband, Kazu Matsui, on shakuhachi (a Japanese traditional bamboo flute....... quite impressive.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqUYQbqsMP0&mode=related&search=Jazz%20Mor occo%20Casablanca[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lftV5-1Oh0A&mode=related&search=Jazz%20Morocco%20Casabla nca[/YOUTUBE]
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Another incredible pianist and vocalist, Diana Krall, Live in Paris. Backed by The European Symphony Orchestra, this is a pretty good live version of one of my favorite songs ever(especially the Dusty Springfield version)..... "The Look Of Love"

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wbGYHwIt0A[/YOUTUBE]

With the great John Clayton, "Fly Me To The Moon".

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVCgf6_M7i4&mode=related&search=[/YOUTUBE]
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I give up..... If you feel that Electric Six is something worth listening to, never mind, we all have different standards..... enjoy what you like. After all, Hyundai sells a lot of cars....... National tried to rent one to me and I refused to drive it..... You may think a band is great and I would rather be tazered than listen to them...... personal standards, it's why we live in America.
    No, I give up. I asked you a simple question and you get all arrogant. You didn't even attempt to answer the question, instead, you turned what could have been and interesting discussion into bullshit, like you do in the photography threads.

Keep your standards, they obviously serve you well.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Squeal like a pig, boy.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/esl2NNOtHQE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/esl2NNOtHQE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Said1 View Post
    No, I give up. I asked you a simple question and you get all arrogant. You didn't even attempt to answer the question, instead, you turned what could have been and interesting discussion into bullshit, like you do in the photography threads.

Keep your standards, they obviously serve you well.
    They do serve me well Said, I'xe enjoyed my life. I am sure your standards work well for you too, they are just different than mine, does that make me arrogant?
    The actual quote was " I just haven't heard much from this decade that even qualifies as good garage band stuff". I'm using garage band literally, not some code word for a musical trend. My brother had some friends that tried to play music when he was thirteen, they were awful but at least they showed some potential. Blur, White Stripes, Electric Six, etc. etc...... like I said, I would rather be tazered than listen to that pretentiously hip garbage...... merely my opinion, not arrogant bull shit.

Why am I the one that gets accused of arrogance when it comes to....photography, computers, music, car design? I believe everyone else is allowed to state their opinions on these subjects without the same accusations, what makes my posts arrogant? I seriously would like to know.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    They do serve me well Said, I'xe enjoyed my life. I am sure your standards work well for you too, they are just different than mine, does that make me arrogant?
    The actual quote was " I just haven't heard much from this decade that even qualifies as good garage band stuff". I'm using garage band literally, not some code word for a musical trend. My brother had some friends that tried to play music when he was thirteen, they were awful but at least they showed some potential. Blur, White Stripes, Electric Six, etc. etc...... like I said, I would rather be tazered than listen to that pretentiously hip garbage...... merely my opinion, not arrogant bull shit.

Why am I the one that gets accused of arrogance when it comes to....photography, computers, music, car design? I believe everyone else is allowed to state their opinions on these subjects without the same accusations, what makes my posts arrogant? I seriously would like to know.
    I don't think anyone's differing opinion is arrogant. It's all about presentation and how we express that opinion. I've never heard of Blur, I like the White Stripes and I enjoy the parody of the Electric Six. My musical taste in not limited to those two groups nor that genre of music. I will say I dislike Diana Krall. It's not her piano playing that bothers me, I think it's her presentation. I can't quite nail it. I don't enjoy all things Canadian.
    Last edited by Said1; 10-18-2007 at 04:46 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Back on topic!!!!!!!!

I personally like Golden Earing "Radar Love", Great song with a great beat!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Back on topic!!!!!!!!

I personally like Golden Earing "Radar Love", Great song with a great beat!!!
    I never like that song. I also hated "Hotel California". I think people read way to much into it!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I never like that song. I also hated "Hotel California". I think people read way to much into it!
    No way, that's the best song in the world to read too much into! Have you ever listened to Hotel California.... on weeeeeeeeeeeeed, man?
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    No way, that's the best song in the world to read too much into! Have you ever listened to Hotel California.... on weeeeeeeeeeeeed, man?
    Yes. And every other drug out there - and I STILL DIDN"T GET IT!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlZUOOnJ5hU"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZlZUOOnJ5hU" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

OK, this song is very new, but I really love it. This whole album is, to me, one of the best pop albums of the past few years, no joke. The British folks on the board might be more familiar with them than the Americans.

Oops, edited to add the name of the band! The Pipettes. The album is We Are The Pipettes, I really can't recommend it enough.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Yes. And every other drug out there - and I STILL DIDN"T GET IT!
    Good God, catch me in the right mood and I'll explain it to you for about four hours!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OK, this song is very new, but I really love it. This whole album is, to me, one of the best pop albums of the past few years, no joke. The British folks on the board might be more familiar with them than the Americans.

Oops, edited to add the name of the band! The Pipettes. The album is We Are The Pipettes, I really can't recommend it enough.

OMG. Dan. That's worse than the Electric Six. Please explain their appeal?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

OMG. Dan. That's worse than the Electric Six. Please explain their appeal?
    See? This is why I'm calling them under-rated, that's the same exact reaction I get from everybody I try and sell on the Pipettes! I mean, obviously, yeah, they're hot, that helps , but the music is catchy as hell. There's no way you weren't tapping your toes to Pull Shapes!

Here's the first Pipettes song I ever heard, tell me it doesn't make you want to dance!
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrCK2dbcJ0o"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BrCK2dbcJ0o" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, but I watched The Shining and Pink Floyd's The Wall on acid.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell