Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Yay, I am so happy today!

So I'm no angel. I know I know, hard to believe. Once upon a time after my high school years I was a bit reckless at times and hanging with the wrong folks at the wrong places at the wrong times. All bad decisions I made with my own choices.

But whatever trouble I may or may not have gotten in after the age of 18 is now a part of deleted history. That's correct, I am no longer a dirtbag today. I can officially say that I am 100% crime free and NEVER have been arrested or in trouble with authorities before. Never got in trouble really underage so good there too.

But any expungement that may or may not have been applied for has now been signed off on by a judge.

The most pertinent line within, out of a ton of orders to many agencies, but this is all that matters to me after all of this time on my shoulders:

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that in response to requests for information or records, the court office or law enforcement agency shall reply with respect to the arrest/conviction/adjudication/disposition, which is the subject of this Order, that there is no record.

IT IS FURTHER ORDERED that the arrest/conviction/adjudication/disposition, which is the subject of this Order, shall be deemed not to have occurred, and the petitioner may answer accordingly any question relating to this occurrence pursuant to N.J.S.A. (then code name)
    And of course, as hinted at, this was also sent electronically and snail mail to myself & every law enforcement known to man and all any courts related in NJ.

Free at last!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, fj1200, hjmick, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Oh, and no, no other incidents whatsoever after either. This was a one time event but ended up haunting me for many many years now. No more.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, NightTrain liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Oh, and no, no other incidents whatsoever after either. This was a one time event but ended up haunting me for many many years now. No more.
    Never. Never, answer the question, "What would you tell your younger self now?" Congratulations!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks jimnyc, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Never. Never, answer the question, "What would you tell your younger self now?" Congratulations!
    I would never be the type to lecture too much to younger folks, but I would explain to my younger self how not caring about things - may lead to limitations in life when you DO end up caring when you get older.

That said, I know I had choices and I know some I made were completely wrong and could lead to me getting in trouble. Which is why I plead guilty at the time as I know I did it and was dead to rights. Got my dumb probation of which I saw that person one whole time in 1 year or whatever. Deservedly lost my license for 6 months as well. The record is what matters though and why folks shouldn't commit crimes.

I figure I did my "time" more than enough over the years and it was time to revisit things and explain the 27yrs of crime free and marriage, child, home... Not to mention it was for an offense that is now legal in the entire state, minus a paraphernalia charge. Turns out that was dismissed when I plead guilty, so now the judge gave me a break. He did so quickly too as the order was granted at 9:15am and courts generally don't start till 9am. But he could have signed in his chambers or at home for all I know. I only received the news via email and their website reading the paperwork which is also on it's way to me.

Now the only part that sucks is the notifying of all the places and them then removing the actual records. Unsure of how long that may take. Could be up to a year with the state police I read. While I had nothing to do with the state police, they are the ones in charge of all fingerprint records and such. They may take the longest, where the others should be fairly quick.

8. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I thought for sure you were going to tell us you had a daughter you never knew about...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

10. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Gunny, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I thought for sure you were going to tell us you had a daughter you never knew about...
    Right? I was waiting for some kind of real crime
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks hjmick, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes hjmick, jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Right? I was waiting for some kind of real crime
    Well, this was just a little wacky tobacky that was a little over the amount. That is the amount that went from misdemeanor to you ain't owning a gun or ever getting great jobs again. And that level also could have had me in jail for a spell. Would have been unusual though unless I had any other type of record.

Any other crimes that I may or may not have committed in my lifetime are not on any type of record. Plus I used to be able to run real fast.

But a daughter? Oh my. A tiny one getting whatever she wants and condemning me for all I am worth. Well, wherever she is, gotta make sure she never finds me!

14. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post