Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

trust the science?
Speaking of "science" .... let's no go calling the kettle black. Science is "okay" when it supports the argument. Sometimes regardless the level of junk theory it goes to.

I mentioned somewhere I'm transitioning from Olympic lifting back to something more suitable for my age group. Naturally, I'm going to surf around and see what kind of "crap" I'm going to get into. Just how I roll

So, I've watched a bunch of videos from "experts" with a grain of salt since I've been lifting weights/working out or in sports since I was 7 years old. I climbed trees before that These "experts" could suck the life out of Dracula. Scientifically, of course. I thought I had issues with how much I know about the topic. Pffft. Apparently not. They've got this crap figured down to the last nanogram. Each of course with a different program you can join and purchase.

I'm not going to say there isn't science in weight training, but geez. When it rules your every second? Every bite of food, every calorie burned, every set and rep. Not seeing the enjoyment.

Moving right along, I then discover that allegedly 1 in a million people can bench press 315 lbs. This one "influencer" especially goes on and on and whining and making excuses almost to the point of tears. I'm having a hard time digesting those numbers. While I might be a psycho about, I never really considered myself all that special and I could bench press 315 before I made Cpl, and I wasn't even in the Top 10 at 29 Palms.

So I have a theory They compiled those numbers at Planet Fitness and not in a Marine Corps gym.

I have to wonder if these people aren't so caught up in their "science" they forget what the goal is.