Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
This article is about how the shock waves from standing behind artillery has affected the brains of the Marines. They didn't actually see the death and destruction therfore the mystery of their PTSD.

Totally physical changes caused their trauma and yet no one is stepping up to say we need to change how we do this warfare.
Okay. How long has there been artillery? How long has the term "shell shock" been used? IIRC, shell shock is the term that preceded PTSD. Now everyone who suffers a shock has PTSD

There's nothing new here. Except that like PTSD, everybody that suffers the slighted jar to their cranium has a concussion. If they'd had concussion protocol back in the day, nothing would have been accomplished. By today's standards, I couldn't even begin to imagine the number of times I've had my bell rung.

When artillery is fired, or lands anywhere near, the entire Earth shakes with each and every round.

Not saying it isn't real. There's nothing okay in any way you look at war or the weapons used. We have an all volunteer force, and people who start wars should be the ones that have to fight them.