Quote Originally Posted by RoccoR View Post
RE: For this group of trans women, the pope and his message of inclusivity are a welcome
SUBTOPIC: Religious Controversy
Gunny,

Originally Posted by SassyLady
Most of the catholics I know including my own family do not like this pope.

Originally Posted by Kathianne
Same here.

(COMMENT)

The Bishop of Rome is but a man. His insight is a product of his skill, education, academic achievements, and experience. But we cannot assess is the spiritual and supernatural impact the Pontif has encountered (if any) that shaped his views on the Catholic Religion. WICCA (the return of Witchcraft) AKA the "Craft of the Wise" is as ritualistic as Catholicism. The Pope seems to believe in things like Alchemy (the transmutation of the ordinary bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ). The Catholics believe miracles can happen, is (very much) the same as Magic. And the Saints that have been canonized are believed to have performed such miracles. Similarly, in the realm of the supernatural (beyond the known laws of nature), the witches and warlocks have a history (folklore) in which such supernatural event have occurred. The point being, that the Pope is just as prone to be influenced by folklore as are recounted by other non-supernatural sources (assuming there is such a power).

You will no doubt have take note that the unusual pointy hat the Pope wears (called a "mitre") which is not all that dissimilar as the cone-shaped pointy hat associated with witches: and, not all that dissimilar to the Judenhaat (horned skullcap[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]) [/COLOR]once associated with the Jewish people.

The Abrahamic religions are monotheistic; believing in a single and all powerful "Supreme Being ("First Cause," the "Creator," the "Ultimate Power of the Universe"). Where as there are those religious followers that believe in transcendent state (Nirvana • a new reality); somewhat resembling "Heaven."

My idea of "Nirvana" is huge Lazyboy Chair and a table with Columbian Coffee and never ending bottle of Canadian Mist.

Most Respectfully,
R
I can go with the Lazyboy and coffee. Jack and I had a falling out a few years back. Was best for all concerned we parted ways

I am definitely not a theologian, nor Catholic. My point here in a different context than yours (or not) is not that the Pope is influenced; rather, by what. I expect the Pope to be influenced by the Catholic Church.

I do not expect leaders of organized religion to be influenced by pop culture/latest fad, especially when it goes against the historical teaching of the religion. The notions of "woke/trans" not only violate religious law as it were, but violates the very laws of nature and logic.

I am all for embracing the downtrodden. Not so much the willfully stupid trying to get attention when it affects society as a whole and what is being taught to my grandchildren.