Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default For this group of trans women, the pope and his message of inclusivity are a welcome

"trans" people need prayer & loving concern as human beings but not this.

Pope Francis Hosts Transgender Women for Vatican Luncheon
    https://www.newwaysministry.org/2023...ican-luncheon/

For this group of trans women, the pope and his message of inclusivity are a welcome change
    https://apnews.com/article/vatican-t...e09da9ecc94de0

"TORVAIANICA, Italy (AP) — Pope Francis’ recent gesture of welcome for transgender Catholics has resonated strongly in this working class, seaside town south of Rome, where a community of trans women has found help and hope through a remarkable relationship with the pontiff forged during the darkest times of the pandemic.

Thanks to the local parish priest, these women now make monthly visits to Francis’ Wednesday general audiences, where they are given VIP seats. ...

...For the marginalized trans community of Torvaianica, it was just the latest gesture of inclusion from a pope who has made reaching out to the LGBTQ+ community a hallmark of his papacy, in word and deed.
    “Before, the church was closed to us. They didn’t see us as normal people, they saw us as the devil,” said Andrea Paola Torres Lopez, a Colombian transgender woman known as Consuelo, whose kitchen is decorated with pictures of Jesus. “Then Pope Francis arrived and the doors of the church opened for us.”

Francis’ latest initiative was a document from the Vatican’s doctrine office asserting that, under some circumstances, transgender people can be baptized and can serve as godparents and witnesses in weddings. It followed another recent statement from the pope himself that suggested same-sex couples could receive church blessings.
    In both cases, the new pronouncements reversed the absolute bans on transgender people serving as godparents issued by the Vatican doctrine office in 2015, and on same-sex blessings announced in 2021.
    Prominent LGBTQ+ organizations have welcomed Francis’ message of inclusivity, given gay and transgender people have long felt ostracized and discriminated against by a church that officially teaches that homosexual acts are “intrinsically disordered.”
    Starting from his famous “Who am I to judge” comment in 2013 about a purportedly gay priest, to his assertion in January that “being homosexual is not a crime,” Francis has evolved his position to increasingly make clear that everyone — “todos, todos, todos” — is a child of God, is loved by God and welcome in the church.

That judgment-free position is not necessarily shared by the rest of the Catholic Church. The recent Vatican gathering of bishops and laypeople, known as a synod, backed off language explicitly calling for welcoming LGBTQ+ Catholics. Conservative Catholics, including cardinals, have strongly questioned his approach...."

Many Catholics are against this, rightly so, but WTH?
    the "Head of the Church"? sorry no.

no offense to any individual catholics but this is one of the reasons that I could not be a catholic.
    the authority given to one sinful human being is out of place. Jesus is the only head of the church.

IMO, Everyone else is, at best, a servant and when they are out of line with the true head they no longer represent Christ. And should be removed from any serious church offices or the people should leave.
    Christians are supposed to follow Christ.
    The authority granted by the catholic hierarchy that allows anyone in the chair to make up rules as they go along is ridiculous.
    Even in the U.S. gov't a president only get 4-8 years to piss on the constitution.
    Popes are elected for life. And can deny scripture and the Jesus for decades while claiming their pronouncements come from God.

Thank God that scriptures are in nearly every language now so people can read it for themselves.
    And people can go to God through the one mediator, Jesus Christ.

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus"
    1 Timothy 2:5

Last edited by revelarts; 11-22-2023 at 10:07 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Men pretending to be women go to lunch with man pretending to be Catholic

https://babylonbee.com/news/men-pret...to-be-catholic
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

3. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

the Answer to the old question,
    "Is the Pope catholic?!"
    no.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Instead of making announcements from YOUR pulpit, why don't you try asking a Catholic how they feel about current Pope?

Does ANY organized religion not have a head? Last I bothered to check, they ALL have governing bodies. People who place themselves above men, presuming to tell them what to do based on their interpretation of multiple variations of God's Word, as it suits their interests.

Protestant denominations seem to separate themselves solely based on emphasis and interpretation of specific aspects.

Judging others without a clue.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Instead of making announcements from YOUR pulpit, why don't you try asking a Catholic how they feel about current Pope?

Does ANY organized religion not have a head? Last I bothered to check, they ALL have governing bodies. People who place themselves above men, presuming to tell them what to do based on their interpretation of multiple variations of God's Word, as it suits their interests.

Protestant denominations seem to separate themselves solely based on emphasis and interpretation of specific aspects.

Judging others without a clue.
    Most of the catholics I know including my own family do not like this pope.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

7. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Same here.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyLady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Same here.
    I cannot say I agree much with any religion or religious persons that goes directly against the Word of God, especially in His name. I see condemning all Catholics for what the Pope says or does akin to condemning all Americans for that fool currently occupying the WH.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RE: For this group of trans women, the pope and his message of inclusivity are a welcome
    SUBTOPIC: Religious Controversy
    Gunny,

Originally Posted by SassyLady

Originally Posted by Kathianne
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I cannot say I agree much with any religion or religious persons that goes directly against the Word of God, especially in His name. I see condemning all Catholics for what the Pope says or does akin to condemning all Americans for that fool currently occupying the WH.
    (COMMENT)

The Bishop of Rome is but a man. His insight is a product of his skill, education, academic achievements, and experience. But we cannot assess is the spiritual and supernatural impact the Pontif has encountered (if any) that shaped his views on the Catholic Religion. WICCA (the return of Witchcraft) AKA the "Craft of the Wise" is as ritualistic as Catholicism. The Pope seems to believe in things like Alchemy (the transmutation of the ordinary bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ). The Catholics believe miracles can happen, is (very much) the same as Magic. And the Saints that have been canonized are believed to have performed such miracles. Similarly, in the realm of the supernatural (beyond the known laws of nature), the witches and warlocks have a history (folklore) in which such supernatural event have occurred. The point being, that the Pope is just as prone to be influenced by folklore as are recounted by other non-supernatural sources (assuming there is such a power).

You will no doubt have take note that the unusual pointy hat the Pope wears (called a "mitre") which is not all that dissimilar as the cone-shaped pointy hat associated with witches: and, not all that dissimilar to the Judenhaat (horned skullcap[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]) [/COLOR]once associated with the Jewish people.

The Abrahamic religions are monotheistic; believing in a single and all powerful "Supreme Being ("First Cause," the "Creator," the "Ultimate Power of the Universe"). Where as there are those religious followers that believe in transcendent state (Nirvana • a new reality); somewhat resembling "Heaven."

My idea of "Nirvana" is huge Lazyboy Chair and a table with Columbian Coffee and never ending bottle of Canadian Mist.

Most Respectfully,
    R
    Last edited by RoccoR; 11-25-2023 at 07:58 PM.

12. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RoccoR View Post
    RE: For this group of trans women, the pope and his message of inclusivity are a welcome
    SUBTOPIC: Religious Controversy
    Gunny,

Originally Posted by SassyLady

Originally Posted by Kathianne
    Same here.

(COMMENT)

The Bishop of Rome is but a man. His insight is a product of his skill, education, academic achievements, and experience. But we cannot assess is the spiritual and supernatural impact the Pontif has encountered (if any) that shaped his views on the Catholic Religion. WICCA (the return of Witchcraft) AKA the "Craft of the Wise" is as ritualistic as Catholicism. The Pope seems to believe in things like Alchemy (the transmutation of the ordinary bread and wine into the body and blood of Christ). The Catholics believe miracles can happen, is (very much) the same as Magic. And the Saints that have been canonized are believed to have performed such miracles. Similarly, in the realm of the supernatural (beyond the known laws of nature), the witches and warlocks have a history (folklore) in which such supernatural event have occurred. The point being, that the Pope is just as prone to be influenced by folklore as are recounted by other non-supernatural sources (assuming there is such a power).

You will no doubt have take note that the unusual pointy hat the Pope wears (called a "mitre") which is not all that dissimilar as the cone-shaped pointy hat associated with witches: and, not all that dissimilar to the Judenhaat (horned skullcap[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.95)]) [/COLOR]once associated with the Jewish people.

The Abrahamic religions are monotheistic; believing in a single and all powerful "Supreme Being ("First Cause," the "Creator," the "Ultimate Power of the Universe"). Where as there are those religious followers that believe in transcendent state (Nirvana • a new reality); somewhat resembling "Heaven."

My idea of "Nirvana" is huge Lazyboy Chair and a table with Columbian Coffee and never ending bottle of Canadian Mist.

Most Respectfully,
    R
    I can go with the Lazyboy and coffee. Jack and I had a falling out a few years back. Was best for all concerned we parted ways

I am definitely not a theologian, nor Catholic. My point here in a different context than yours (or not) is not that the Pope is influenced; rather, by what. I expect the Pope to be influenced by the Catholic Church.

I do not expect leaders of organized religion to be influenced by pop culture/latest fad, especially when it goes against the historical teaching of the religion. The notions of "woke/trans" not only violate religious law as it were, but violates the very laws of nature and logic.

I am all for embracing the downtrodden. Not so much the willfully stupid trying to get attention when it affects society as a whole and what is being taught to my grandchildren.

14. Thanks RoccoR, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes RoccoR, Kathianne, revelarts liked this post