I was semi awake and thought I heard this, then thought, 'nah!' I was wrong, I did:

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/whoa-gut...ucker-carlson/

‘Whoa!’ Gutfeld Draws Stunned Gasps In Studio With Devastating Crack About Fox News Firing Tucker CarlsonCaleb HoweDec 2nd, 2023, 2:30 pm
2028 comments

submit to reddit

Fox News host Greg Gutfeld praised Elon Musk on Friday as maybe “the last man standing” in defense of free speech, and made a devastating and pointed crack about his own network while doing so.

On the latest Gutfeld! on Fox News, the host said that Musk telling off “cowardly advertisers” caving to pressure from liberal activists and fleeing X (formerly Twitter) is “how it’s done.”

After showing the clip of Musk saying “G. F. Y.” about advertisers attempting to exert editorial control by withholding money, Gutfeld praised Musk and threw in a shot at his own network over the firing of Tucker Carlson while doing so.

“The fact is, Musk may be the last man standing between real freedom of speech and the suffocating block of this censorship industrial complex, which is made up of government, media, and tech forces,” Gutfeld said. “He realizes that advertisers have no spine and can be easily cowed by special interest groups in cahoots with political allies.”

Then he dropped the bomb, saying, “If you don’t believe me, I’ve got two words for you: Tucker Carlson.”

The host suggesting his own network is part of or caves in to the ‘censorship industrial complex” drew gasps from the audience, a few “wow” exclamations from his panelists, and a “woohoo” of his own, too. Not to mention big reaction on X, where the not-subtle dig was quickly picked up on and shared.

Carlson this week also spoke about his being fired, in a podcast interview with comic and Trump activist Roseanne Barr.

SORKIN (CLIP): If part of the underlying model at least today and maybe it needs to shift, maybe the answer is it needs to shift away from advertising. If you believe that this is the one part of your business where you will be beholden to those who have this view, what do you do?

MUSK (CLIP): G. F. Y.

GUTFELD: G.F. Y. What could that stand for? Gutfeld’s Frickin Yummy? But he’s got a point. How insane is it that companies are trying to blackmail the world’s richest man with money? That’s like extorting Jerry Nadler with salad. Or blackmailing sports fans by threatening to cancel PBS. The fact is, Musk may be the last man standing between real freedom of speech and the suffocating block of this censorship industrial complex, which is made up of government, media, and tech forces. He realizes that advertisers have no spine and can be easily cowed by special interest groups in cahoots with political allies. If you don’t believe me, I’ve got two words for you: Tucker Carlson.

Watch the clip above via Fox News.