Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default Rando Political Questions

I know some folks here hate hypothetical questions.
    (even though the military roles plays for hypotheticals everyday from the pentagon to boot camp)

Here's a place for us ...just me probably... to post a few.
    It's not a place for debate just a place to get the POV of others on issues.
    I'll do my best NOT to post follow up questions.

Of Course, as always, people can and will reply as they want but personally IMHO
    Explaining WHY is good.
    Long answers are good
    Clarifying points is good
    Contextualizing is good
    LINKING directly to specific quotes in other threads good.

But Generalizations are not OK...
    --for example
    "I agree with the constitution"
    "I'm for freedom"
    "I love America"
    "the flag should be honored"
    "liberals are bad"
    "the police are good"
    "we have to fight"
    "big business is good"---

OK 1st questions:
    If Any President ordered the military to confiscate everyone's guns and to "detain" those who resist, do you think the military would comply?
    Should they?
    If former military, would you have?

If your state or city gov't ordered the police to confiscate everyone's guns and to "detain" those who resist, do you think the police would comply?
    Should they?
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-28-2023 at 08:40 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Ridiculous

Start by stating what the answers should be, then ask arbitrary questions with no situational context. You must be bored

The question is unrealistic. Who would give that order and why? The US military is not large enough, trained, nor equipped to carry out such a mission. It is currently an unlawful, unconstitutional order. It is the duty of all military personnel to refuse to carry out unlawful orders and report them immediately. It is against the law to deploy the US military as police within the US. At the time I served and the situation being what it was, I would refuse to comply with such an order and instruct any Marines answering to me to do likewise.

If such an order was given, it is my opinion the US military would not be given the task. Wrong tool for the job. It would fall to one or more Federal alphabet police agencies already trained and equipped to wage war against the American people.

It is also my opinion that such an order at this current time would start a civil war. Who would and would not comply would be an individual decision. City/State police would be more apt to comply than county sheriffs. The former are hired by government while the latter are elected by the people.

While we're on the whatiffery: When it comes time to confiscate guns it isn't going to happen this way at all. The government will threaten people with legal action into turning them in voluntarily. At least half the sheeple will comply.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks fj1200 thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    ...Start by stating what the answers should be, then ask arbitrary questions with no situational context...
    No call for WHAT the answer should be on my part.
    Just hoping for non-cliche answers.

That's It really.
    Last edited by revelarts; 12-29-2023 at 11:59 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16