Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Home Til Sunday

Poor me. Sick for holidays again. Don't know if flu or what. Cough, sore throat. Yesterday at work, temp spiked and started getting muscle spasms/cramps-all over! feet, hands, legs, back, neck, and shoulder.

I've had dehydration before, knew those symptoms. Went home early and grabbed $20 can of electrolyte powder. Cheaper than emergency room which is where I was going to end up if not controlled. It worked. Lots of water and muscles calmed down. Temperature lower.

Still took off tomorrow and have Friday/Sat off as usual.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Poor me. Sick for holidays again. Don't know if flu or what. Cough, sore throat. Yesterday at work, temp spiked and started getting muscle spasms/cramps-all over! feet, hands, legs, back, neck, and shoulder.

I've had dehydration before, knew those symptoms. Went home early and grabbed $20 can of electrolyte powder. Cheaper than emergency room which is where I was going to end up if not controlled. It worked. Lots of water and muscles calmed down. Temperature lower.

Still took off tomorrow and have Friday/Sat off as usual.
    Take care of yourself. Get some branch chain amino acids. Mixes with water. They've helped me with the flu although I generally use them as a pre-workout drink
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Take care of yourself. Get some branch chain amino acids. Mixes with water. They've helped me with the flu although I generally use them as a pre-workout drink
    Feeling much better-have drank nearly a gal of water today, staying down. I've added the electrolytes twice and muscles much better, with just regular leg/foot cramps. LOL! Actually got some sleep last night and this morning. Just don't think I should push myself to work 1 more day-better to rest.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

6. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Feeling much better-have drank nearly a gal of water today, staying down. I've added the electrolytes twice and muscles much better, with just regular leg/foot cramps. LOL! Actually got some sleep last night and this morning. Just don't think I should push myself to work 1 more day-better to rest.
    Hard for me to give advice. I'm the worst patient in the world
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

8. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Hard for me to give advice. I'm the worst patient in the world
    I'm pretty weird. I use my common sense. For instance, 'What would I advise one of my kids to do, besides 'go to doctor.'?' Then I try that. If all else fails and I have to go to Doc, I follow what I'm told. I really hate being sick.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I admit, I wasn't a 'take the kid to doctor' type of mom. They basically had to be bleeding or I couldn't get temperature down and they were leaving bodily fluids all over the place. Not because of lack of money or insurance, just because I really try not to give antibiotics or other meds if they can be avoided. All inoculations though taken.

With that said, dehydration is bad. Both my youngest and myself are prone to that condition. It sort of creeped up on me this time. Muscle spasms get one's attention.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm pretty weird. I use my common sense. For instance, 'What would I advise one of my kids to do, besides 'go to doctor.'?' Then I try that. If all else fails and I have to go to Doc, I follow what I'm told. I really hate being sick.
    Looks good on paper

Problem is this hard head

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Looks good on paper

Problem is this hard head
    I used to let it play out further, getting a bit too old for that. Two days, if I wasn't feeling better today I would have called doc. Remember you ended up in hospital? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

I think I would have ended up at doc or ER last night if not for that powder. I almost didn't think of it and KNOW I wouldn't have gone out once home. My roommate was like, "You should go to ER..." I was, "I'm drinking this pink lemonade crap in water and going to bed." LOL!

14. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I used to let it play out further, getting a bit too old for that. Two days, if I wasn't feeling better today I would have called doc. Remember you ended up in hospital? I'd like to avoid that if at all possible.

I think I would have ended up at doc or ER last night if not for that powder. I almost didn't think of it and KNOW I wouldn't have gone out once home. My roommate was like, "You should go to ER..." I was, "I'm drinking this pink lemonade crap in water and going to bed." LOL!
    THAT sounds more like me

You can trust I watch closely though. I'll go to the doc if I need to. My trip to hospital is not something I'll easily forget. Not fun

16. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

THAT sounds more like me

You can trust I watch closely though. I'll go to the doc if I need to. My trip to hospital is not something I'll easily forget. Not fun
    For sure. IF I had gone directly to ER I know I would have been admitted. Age and dehydration and blood pressure. Today is better. Still sick, but relatively feeling fine.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

For sure. IF I had gone directly to ER I know I would have been admitted. Age and dehydration and blood pressure. Today is better. Still sick, but relatively feeling fine.
    So ...

When you posted this thread, I was dealing a nasty head cold. So I thought at least I didn't have the flu. As previously reported, that's bedtime. A cold on the other hand in a handful of cold pills and dragging ass and getting it done. This doesn't end well. I can't do anything simple

Prior to coming down with the cold I thought I might be coming down with a sinus infection. Caught the cold, so blew that idea off. Two days after I dropped the cold meds and the cold was gone I woke up feeling like my I'd been hit by a truck. The cold/cold meds had masked the sinus infection which spent its time spreading into my ears and throat.

Needless to say, as we previously discussed, I had to force myself one step at a time, thinking up excuses with each step, to go to urgent care I can tell you this: if nothing else, I have the cleanest damned ears in San Antonio right now. They even get their own, separate antibiotic

I'm sitting in this chair, mouth-breathing because my sinuses are so backed up, throat swollen and painful to swallow, and she's cleaning my damned ears. All I could think was "this figures " Never did look at my throat or my nose. Just accepted my diagnosis and cleaned my ears and gave me a scrip for a couple of antibiotics.

Not to mention I'm trying to not laugh the whole time at how goofy the situation turned out

20. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

So ...

When you posted this thread, I was dealing a nasty head cold. So I thought at least I didn't have the flu. As previously reported, that's bedtime. A cold on the other hand in a handful of cold pills and dragging ass and getting it done. This doesn't end well. I can't do anything simple

Prior to coming down with the cold I thought I might be coming down with a sinus infection. Caught the cold, so blew that idea off. Two days after I dropped the cold meds and the cold was gone I woke up feeling like my I'd been hit by a truck. The cold/cold meds had masked the sinus infection which spent its time spreading into my ears and throat.

Needless to say, as we previously discussed, I had to force myself one step at a time, thinking up excuses with each step, to go to urgent care I can tell you this: if nothing else, I have the cleanest damned ears in San Antonio right now. They even get their own, separate antibiotic

I'm sitting in this chair, mouth-breathing because my sinuses are so backed up, throat swollen and painful to swallow, and she's cleaning my damned ears. All I could think was "this figures " Never did look at my throat or my nose. Just accepted my diagnosis and cleaned my ears and gave me a scrip for a couple of antibiotics.

Not to mention I'm trying to not laugh the whole time at how goofy the situation turned out
    I'm sorry! When I an forced to lie down, not work...no more than 2 days, then gotta stop playing and get to the guys with med degree. They might not be right all the time, but will likely come closer than me by that point.

Feel better.

22. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I'm sorry! When I an forced to lie down, not work...no more than 2 days, then gotta stop playing and get to the guys with med degree. They might not be right all the time, but will likely come closer than me by that point.

Feel better.
    Thanks. Like I said, the cold was a misdirection play. Otherwise, I don't fool with bacterial infections, ref our previous conversation regarding my hospital stay. Definitely not in any mood for any do-overs in that regard. While usually up for a challenge, learning to walk again is going a bit far

24. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post