Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default NFC East "Champions Dallas Plowboys

So which playoff game will they choke on this time?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Update: That didn't take long
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Black Diamond thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Fingers crossed for my Texans' trip to Baltimore...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

5. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Update: That didn't take long

For me, any time the Cowboys lose it's a good time...

When I was a teenager I lived and worked in the Thousand Oaks area in California. The team would hold spring training at the local Lutheran college. Those guys were assholes, running around like they owned the place... did nothing to make me a fan...

Besides, I was a Houston kid, I like the Oilers...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Fingers crossed for my Texans' trip to Baltimore...
    Who?

For me, any time the Cowboys lose it's a good time...

When I was a teenager I lived and worked in the Thousand Oaks area in California. The team would hold spring training at the local Lutheran college. Those guys were assholes, running around like they owned the place... did nothing to make me a fan...

Besides, I was a Houston kid, I like the Oilers...
    Yeah, I remember once upon a time Houston used to have a decent AFL team. Dan Pastorini's card wasn't worth much in trade

This is how the Cowboys work for me: If they win, the team wins, despite Jones. If they lose, it's inevitable because of Jones

9. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Who?

Who? Um... the only NFL team from Texas that won't be watching the playoffs from their living rooms this weekend...

Yeah, I remember once upon a time Houston used to have a decent AFL team. Dan Pastorini's card wasn't worth much in trade

This is how the Cowboys work for me: If they win, the team wins, despite Jones. If they lose, it's inevitable because of Jones

I saw the Oilers, and Astros for that matter, play in the Astrodome on multiple occasions... that place was huuuuge...

Then I went to a Texans game at NRG...

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Who? Um... the only NFL team from Texas that won't be watching the playoffs from their living rooms this weekend...

I saw the Oilers, and Astros for that matter, play in the Astrodome on multiple occasions... that place was huuuuge...

Then I went to a Texans game at NRG...

Been to the Astrodome. The grand opening, as a matter of fact. I was little. Only remember everyone making a big deal of the Astroturf which interested me not at all

I have no idea how the markets split regarding Dallas-Houston. I imagine in the beginning, it was who bought the most TV time. The NFL easily had a leg up on the AFL. I don't recall the Oilers ever being anything more than that "other Texas team" around here. But we got every Dallas game and the Tom Landry Show. We would also get any NFC East game before an Oliers game. I don't recall every seeing an AFL game until after the merger.

Just a factoid, but up to the 80s, the largest fan club in Texas was the Dallas Cowboys. Followed by the Washington Redskins. The opposite was true in DC. The only Dallas games we didn't get in DC were head to head with Redskin games.

I should point out I'm not much of a fan. Doesn't matter to me who is playing this weekend. I haven't watched a pro football game since the last time the Steelers won the SB; which, I watched only part of and was the only game I saw that season. The last NFL game I watched was Steelers-Raiders playoff in 2000 and the refs screwed the Steelers so bad it was the last straw for me. Bad enough the players screw up, but the refs deciding the outcomes of games was too much.

Good luck

13. Thanks hjmick thanked this post