Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    My legs are dying at 18k. Never gone over 20k. I imagine I would be skinny as a rail if I did

I can't figure out what makes this fitbit tick. As mentioned, I can work out and nothing. But if I'm moving around in the house? Active zone minutes, steps. If I go to the grocery store it counts as a workout, but again, not the 2 hours of lifting. And it totally rips me off on stairs. I have to go up, down and back again to get one flight.

Anyway, I was just wondering as far as step count and if I was doing it wrong or something. If I went back to walking around the block a couple of times on top of the avg 12-1300, I'd probably be over 20 a day. I quit because I've had real trouble with my right calf especially cramping up halfway up the block. Bad enough that the usual gritting my teeth and bulling my way through it doesn't help. Tried a bunch of different shoes. That's when I got the idea maybe I was doing too much.
    Yep, I hear you on stairs. Only counts for 'up and down,' and let me tell you-even then doesn't count the 3 steps ladder I use at work. Needless to say, I can't reach high shelves, thus the cart. Days when I do lots of putting away freight or dropping top stuff down, doesn't count the stairs. Those are my 'lower step days' at work. All relative. Another weird anomaly on counting steps-if you're pushing a cart or stroller or whatever with both hands, it doesn't count the steps. Seems the measurement comes from both leg and arm swing.

Set your exercise to correct setting for weight lifting, etc.:

Search instead for fitbith weight lifting

Search Results

Tracking weight training as an excercise

Fitbit Communityhttps://community.fitbit.com › td-p

Mar 3, 2019 — To track an exercise, swipe to the left on your clock face, tap exercise, swipe to the left again to go through the list of shortcuts. Tap on an ...

Tracking / logging strength training???

Fitbit Communityhttps://community.fitbit.com › td-p

Your instinct is correct. Non-step based activity is best recorded via a manual record. Your Charge has no other way of knowing that you movements are burning ...

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    My legs are dying at 18k. Never gone over 20k. I imagine I would be skinny as a rail if I did

I can't figure out what makes this fitbit tick. As mentioned, I can work out and nothing. But if I'm moving around in the house? Active zone minutes, steps. If I go to the grocery store it counts as a workout, but again, not the 2 hours of lifting. And it totally rips me off on stairs. I have to go up, down and back again to get one flight.

Anyway, I was just wondering as far as step count and if I was doing it wrong or something. If I went back to walking around the block a couple of times on top of the avg 12-1300, I'd probably be over 20 a day. I quit because I've had real trouble with my right calf especially cramping up halfway up the block. Bad enough that the usual gritting my teeth and bulling my way through it doesn't help. Tried a bunch of different shoes. That's when I got the idea maybe I was doing too much.
    When it comes to aerobic, I'm really liking the rebounder. Then again, I focused on trampoline in gymnastic competition back when it was still part of high school competitions. Of course no flipping, just easy bouncing and speed for heart rate-It's definitely helping me get my heart rate up and resting rate lower. My arthritis can't take more demanding aerobic activities. Soon though I can swim outside again.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

3. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

My Fitbit clocks me in at 4 miles if I walk 10,000 steps. When my gardener is here I can easily get 10,000+ because we are walking over a 12 acre property looking for cactus to transplant closer to the house proper.

And on my craft gair days I get 4-5 miles.

I don't focus on a minimum steps per day like I used to when I was trying to lose weight. My focus now is toning and balance. That balance thing is killing me. Too easy to fall.
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post