Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default I am back!

Anyone notice me missing?

Back of course, but leave in a week for Alaska which isn't me leaving just a vacation and then back. Holidays were rough and left me a bit down. But time to once again to get back on that horse of normalcy, for me at least. Real normal will never come.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

2. Thanks Kathianne, fj1200, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Anyone notice me missing?

Back of course, but leave in a week for Alaska which isn't me leaving just a vacation and then back. Holidays were rough and left me a bit down. But time to once again to get back on that horse of normalcy, for me at least. Real normal will never come.
    You've been missed! Enjoy Alaska, then get back here!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes jimnyc liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    You've been missed! Enjoy Alaska, then get back here!
    I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to it. Was last there in 2021 and have literally asked my wife daily since then "Do you want to go to Alaska?" and then all kinds of devious begging and tricking. So finally I said "I'm just going back without you as usual" and she said good! So I bought tickets before she could tell me if she was kidding or not.

Rick and Sharon, fun in the cold, and the snow, hopefully some animals roaming around & general all around illegal things out in the middle of nowhere!

It was like -40 by Rick and -50 by the cabin like 2 weeks ago, but unseasonably warm as of late. Negative temps at night are supposed to return when I arrive, but more like -5 to -8 and that's more than cold enough for my butt! I just hope the river doesn't loosen up and we have trouble getting to the cabin via the river.

Either way, we'll get there I am sure. Let's just hope I don't pass out and land in the yellow snow again! I'm gonna try for the whole pass out thing, but just relax somewhere else this time.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

6. Thanks Kathianne, fj1200, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I am SOOOOOOO looking forward to it. Was last there in 2021 and have literally asked my wife daily since then "Do you want to go to Alaska?" and then all kinds of devious begging and tricking. So finally I said "I'm just going back without you as usual" and she said good! So I bought tickets before she could tell me if she was kidding or not.

Rick and Sharon, fun in the cold, and the snow, hopefully some animals roaming around & general all around illegal things out in the middle of nowhere!

It was like -40 by Rick and -50 by the cabin like 2 weeks ago, but unseasonably warm as of late. Negative temps at night are supposed to return when I arrive, but more like -5 to -8 and that's more than cold enough for my butt! I just hope the river doesn't loosen up and we have trouble getting to the cabin via the river.

Either way, we'll get there I am sure. Let's just hope I don't pass out and land in the yellow snow again! I'm gonna try for the whole pass out thing, but just relax somewhere else this time.
    Without a doubt it will be your best trip thus far! Enjoy and as always, pics!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Without a doubt it will be your best trip thus far! Enjoy and as always, pics!
    This time I will have my camera, also my gopro on my helmet for snowmachine riding & hopefully bringing my drone as well for some aerial video/photos. Depends on how cold it is. Can't really fly in the cold cold temps as the drone will lock up, and the colder it is the battery drains faster and faster.

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

This time I will have my camera, also my gopro on my helmet for snowmachine riding & hopefully bringing my drone as well for some aerial video/photos. Depends on how cold it is. Can't really fly in the cold cold temps as the drone will lock up, and the colder it is the battery drains faster and faster.
    Oh please DO record your f-ups for us to laugh at. NT might want to double check the insurance is up to date on all his machines (and for casualties falling off the deck)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Oh please DO record your f-ups for us to laugh at. NT might want to double check the insurance is up to date on all his machines (and for casualties falling off the deck)
    Given, with my track record, I may do the insurance thing too!

I'd have to off myself if by some random chance someone was filming when I did the accidental header into the evil snow pit.

Hoping to fly the drone over the top of the woods and get some good shots of the cabin. Also hopefully following us when we do some riding, but we can't go too too fast as the drone will only do 30-35mph max. The gopro footage I see from others wearing them on the helmets looks awesome. So for sure you should get some footage of me getting stuck in 80 random spots. I just have to watch my potty mouth or I will have lots of editing to do when I return!

Hey Gunny, I have now lost 6.5% body fat in just over 4 months and going. Still going strong with a trainer and eating costs as I actually see results, which is a first at a gym for me. He has me going crazy on circuits and little breaks and growing weights all around. What was hard in the beginning is easy now but back to hard with weight increases. My balance is night ad day as the muscle builds. With cardio increasing my stamina is coming around with it. I forget how many pounds of muscle mass growth, but like 3lbs growth each time for the muscle. Went from 194 and now at 168. I found that at 175 the belly jiggles and lotsa jelly roll on side for my liking. Just down to now and lots gone, so I think for 5'8" and a half, that 165 or so is likely my primary weight unless the extra weight growth from there is muscle. That sound right?

14. Thanks fj1200, Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Given, with my track record, I may do the insurance thing too!

I'd have to off myself if by some random chance someone was filming when I did the accidental header into the evil snow pit.

Hoping to fly the drone over the top of the woods and get some good shots of the cabin. Also hopefully following us when we do some riding, but we can't go too too fast as the drone will only do 30-35mph max. The gopro footage I see from others wearing them on the helmets looks awesome. So for sure you should get some footage of me getting stuck in 80 random spots. I just have to watch my potty mouth or I will have lots of editing to do when I return!

Hey Gunny, I have now lost 6.5% body fat in just over 4 months and going. Still going strong with a trainer and eating costs as I actually see results, which is a first at a gym for me. He has me going crazy on circuits and little breaks and growing weights all around. What was hard in the beginning is easy now but back to hard with weight increases. My balance is night ad day as the muscle builds. With cardio increasing my stamina is coming around with it. I forget how many pounds of muscle mass growth, but like 3lbs growth each time for the muscle. Went from 194 and now at 168. I found that at 175 the belly jiggles and lotsa jelly roll on side for my liking. Just down to now and lots gone, so I think for 5'8" and a half, that 165 or so is likely my primary weight unless the extra weight growth from there is muscle. That sound right?
    I guess you didn't read revelarts post: Being Fit is Controversial Now... (debatepolicy.com) You're going to die

Sounds like you are doing well and pleased with the results. That's what really matters. And you're off to Alaska?

Boy, if I was your personal trainer .... I'd be oiling up the gears on the treadmill and the weight machines, making sure they run all nice and smooth upon your return An old Marine thing: if you went on leave for more than a week, something special would be planned for your return. All that smokin' n jokin' back on the block makes you soft. Gotta tighten that ass back up

Off the top of my head (aka guessing), for the type workouts you have stated, 5'8" 165 doesn't wound wrong. By comparison, I'm 5'10" 185. Don't think I'm going to get much bigger. Too old to carry and lift the weight I did when I was around 200.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

16. Thanks jimnyc thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I guess you didn't read revelarts post: Being Fit is Controversial Now... (debatepolicy.com) You're going to die

Sounds like you are doing well and pleased with the results. That's what really matters. And you're off to Alaska?

Boy, if I was your personal trainer .... I'd be oiling up the gears on the treadmill and the weight machines, making sure they run all nice and smooth upon your return An old Marine thing: if you went on leave for more than a week, something special would be planned for your return. All that smokin' n jokin' back on the block makes you soft. Gotta tighten that ass back up

Off the top of my head (aka guessing), for the type workouts you have stated, 5'8" 165 doesn't wound wrong. By comparison, I'm 5'10" 185. Don't think I'm going to get much bigger. Too old to carry and lift the weight I did when I was around 200.
    I did see the thread and was too busy shaking my head to reply. Told excessively our entire lives that exercise is great for us, and now I find out it's gonna kill me. What a crazy world

Yup, got the return objectives set. Will lose weight on traveling as usual, and will have workouts for sure lifting crap and riding the machines. But then add in the crab, steak and alcohol and, well, you know what I mean. And quite easy to get relaxed. But I will eat differently as I'm used to it now - just hard to pass up the opportunity for crab I can't really get around here. But crab isn't too bad for you anyway. It's the steaks and alcohol!

No doubt the trainer likes a dummy like me, but I have been a member before here and I just know myself, that without as trainer I don't do half these exercises and not nearly as hard as I do. Been busting my butt for that hour session. If I knew I would do the same without this guy I would. But those have little choice but to end soon as my wife is back to hating me again.

I can certainly get rid of the belly side mini-rolls, but other than that no flab. Can also go lower a tad with the total body fat which is at around 22-23%. Gonna be tough for me to get much lower. I like the working out - but not THAT much.

18. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I did see the thread and was too busy shaking my head to reply. Told excessively our entire lives that exercise is great for us, and now I find out it's gonna kill me. What a crazy world

Yup, got the return objectives set. Will lose weight on traveling as usual, and will have workouts for sure lifting crap and riding the machines. But then add in the crab, steak and alcohol and, well, you know what I mean. And quite easy to get relaxed. But I will eat differently as I'm used to it now - just hard to pass up the opportunity for crab I can't really get around here. But crab isn't too bad for you anyway. It's the steaks and alcohol!

No doubt the trainer likes a dummy like me, but I have been a member before here and I just know myself, that without as trainer I don't do half these exercises and not nearly as hard as I do. Been busting my butt for that hour session. If I knew I would do the same without this guy I would. But those have little choice but to end soon as my wife is back to hating me again.

I can certainly get rid of the belly side mini-rolls, but other than that no flab. Can also go lower a tad with the total body fat which is at around 22-23%. Gonna be tough for me to get much lower. I like the working out - but not THAT much.
    I love crab legs. Not real fond of the rest of it. Steak too. I don't worry too much about that kind of food. It's the McDonald's, pizza and fast and convenient crap like that. Airport and airline food is worse than 1970s military chow hall stuff and has the nutritional value and taste of cardboard.

One thing about working out/doing athletics since the 1960s, and being in the military, I'm pretty self motivated. Used to have training partners when I was first learning to do free weights, but I finally learned enough to dump them. Going on independent duty for a bit where there was no base gym and had to work out on my own time was the final straw for working out with others. I never have used commercial gyms unless on leave. From what I see on the internet, I'm not missing much but drama.

Free pizza and doughnut days at Planet Fitness? And they let the slobs eat it all over the equipment. But no gallon jugs of water allowed (or heavy lifting because it intimidates people). It's like the Woke version of a gym. I digress

20. Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Since this has become a workout thread more or less

Couple of things. @Kathianne. Been meaning to ask, you being the Fitbit expert:

You mentioned at some point getting your walk in early to get your 10K steps. Here's where I am confused: Do you get 10K off the top, before your daily steps? Or is that a 10K total for the day? Reason I ask is I average 12-13K per day, without going on a walk. Just chasing grandkids and their crap all over the house. Am I supposed to try and drag my rear end an additional 10K as a stand alone? If so, I don't think I'm going to make it

The other thing in general is I am currently transitioning from Olympic lifting back toward something more reasonable. I've gone about as far with the Oly lifting as I'm going to without sinking some serious money and gaining some serious weight, none of which my 64 years old joints are into. As it is, I've reached the point of beating myself up more than anything else. It's too high impact. Probably only lasted as long as I have because of a really hard head

Meanwhile, everything is FUBAR. Cut the more high impact lifts (like snatches) out and replaced with more conventional, lower-impact lifts. So I'm half where I was and halfway where I want to go with ZERO plan

22. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Since this has become a workout thread more or less

Couple of things. @Kathianne. Been meaning to ask, you being the Fitbit expert:

You mentioned at some point getting your walk in early to get your 10K steps. Here's where I am confused: Do you get 10K off the top, before your daily steps? Or is that a 10K total for the day? Reason I ask is I average 12-13K per day, without going on a walk. Just chasing grandkids and their crap all over the house. Am I supposed to try and drag my rear end an additional 10K as a stand alone? If so, I don't think I'm going to make it

The other thing in general is I am currently transitioning from Olympic lifting back toward something more reasonable. I've gone about as far with the Oly lifting as I'm going to without sinking some serious money and gaining some serious weight, none of which my 64 years old joints are into. As it is, I've reached the point of beating myself up more than anything else. It's too high impact. Probably only lasted as long as I have because of a really hard head

Meanwhile, everything is FUBAR. Cut the more high impact lifts (like snatches) out and replaced with more conventional, lower-impact lifts. So I'm half where I was and halfway where I want to go with ZERO plan

Every day starts at 0 steps. You'd be fine. LOL! Hell, sounds like you're getting some aerobics thrown in for fun. Right now I'm just over 5k steps, was on rebounder for 20 min. Met a friend for breakfast, she was interviewing me for MS class in Ed. 'Handicapped person.' LOL!

24. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Every day starts at 0 steps. You'd be fine. LOL! Hell, sounds like you're getting some aerobics thrown in for fun. Right now I'm just over 5k steps, was on rebounder for 20 min. Met a friend for breakfast, she was interviewing me for MS class in Ed. 'Handicapped person.' LOL!
    I'll go all day on 4-5k. Then "they" come home. I'll be at 12 by bedtime easy. On a bad day, over 15.

Flip side: I can work out with weights for 1 1/2 - 2 hours straight and get almost nothing. This thing is definitely geared toward steps as exercise.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I'll go all day on 4-5k. Then "they" come home. I'll be at 12 by bedtime easy. On a bad day, over 15.

Flip side: I can work out with weights for 1 1/2 - 2 hours straight and get almost nothing. This thing is definitely geared toward steps as exercise.
    On days off I only hit 10k or better by effort. On days I work I do same as days off and end the day with 18-28k steps. Lots of work moving. Not aerobic, but for heart moving is most important and I do move.

27. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

On days off I only hit 10k or better by effort. On days I work I do same as days off and end the day with 18-28k steps. Lots of work moving. Not aerobic, but for heart moving is most important and I do move.
    My legs are dying at 18k. Never gone over 20k. I imagine I would be skinny as a rail if I did

I can't figure out what makes this fitbit tick. As mentioned, I can work out and nothing. But if I'm moving around in the house? Active zone minutes, steps. If I go to the grocery store it counts as a workout, but again, not the 2 hours of lifting. And it totally rips me off on stairs. I have to go up, down and back again to get one flight.

Anyway, I was just wondering as far as step count and if I was doing it wrong or something. If I went back to walking around the block a couple of times on top of the avg 12-1300, I'd probably be over 20 a day. I quit because I've had real trouble with my right calf especially cramping up halfway up the block. Bad enough that the usual gritting my teeth and bulling my way through it doesn't help. Tried a bunch of different shoes. That's when I got the idea maybe I was doing too much.