Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Write in votes are discarded.

What do you suppose would happen if, by some astronomical chance, the majority of people wrote in the same name and that person had the most votes? Not a legit candidate and didn't go through the allowable process.

Individuals getting involved locally face the same two-party system, their money and media.

I have a much bigger and more impossible desire: a politically aware and educated public. Part of the "checks n balances" is the People check the Government. They're falling down on the job.
    Local leads to state leads to fed. Follow the Obama to TrumpTo Biden. Influence works. It's no longer possible to pick lesser, they're both greater bad.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Local leads to state leads to fed. Follow the Obama to TrumpTo Biden. Influence works. It's no longer possible to pick lesser, they're both greater bad.
    I have no problem with people who wish to get involved in the political process. Well, except that it always corrupts them, no matter how good their original intentions. They find themselves "playing the game" more and more to move up. Of course it starts at the bottom minus the "right" connections.

In my case, self-actualization comes to the fore to play. I do not have the personality nor patience for politics. I don't like people for a start I also have this habit of keeping my mouth shut until pressed, then stating exactly what I think, let the chips fall where they will. Unlike most politicos nowadays, I will not stumble around backwards over my words looking like a fool trying to appease anyone offended. Especially lefties, but anymore rightwingnut radicals as well.

Just not my game. As a Colonel once put it, I need to be kept behind glass to be broken only in case of war
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, fj1200 liked this post