Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Default Gowdy On Wade, Willis, And Be Careful What You Wish For

I can't remember if it was @Gunny or @fj1200 that alluded to the idea that GA case may have been the most viable of all the lawsuits thrown at Trump for political gains. In any case, Gowdy seems to basically agree:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ay/ar-BB1jvDVz

Trey Gowdy on WH denial of Fani Willis-Kamala Harris meeting: '99.9% of prosecutors do not operate this way'Story by Fox News Staff • 3h

Former federal prosecutor and "Sunday Night in America" host Trey Gowdy joined "The Faulkner Focus" Thursday to slam the appearance of "political coordination" between the White House and Fulton County, Georgia District Attorney Fani Willis following bombshell allegations against the attorney prosecuting former President Trump. The former congressman also predicted that the potential removal of Willis and special prosecutor Nathan Wade from the case would not end Trump's prosecution in Georgia.

JONATHAN TURLEY 'ASTONISHED' FANI WILLIS, NATHAN WADE HAVE NOT STEPPED ASIDE AS CASE GETS 'WORSE BY THE DAY'

TREY GOWDY: I just want people to understand that this is not the way 99.9% of all prosecutors in this country conduct themselves on either side of the aisle. These are politicians masquerading as prosecutors, and it will be the undoing of our justice system. Now, whether or not a judge finds that this is sufficient to disqualify the prosecutors, I'm not sure that helps Trump. I'd rather have two people who don't know what they're doing prosecute me than go find two people who actually do. The larger point is weaponizing our justice system, whether it's the federal or the state level. It will be our undoing. What I'd like to know more about are these meetings between Fani Willis or Nathan Wade and the White House, because that level of political coordination should disgust people of all political ideations.

Fani Willis or Nathan Wade may very well have issues with respect to perjury. They may have issues with candor before the court. They may have Georgia bar issues. The question for President Trump and other co-defendants is whether or not the indictment is legally sufficient. And even if it is not, they're just going to go get another grand jury to indict him. Again, we got to fix the underlying pathology, which is a politicization of our justice system.

A White House official said Wednesday that at the February reception held at their residence, the vice president did not get the opportunity to speak directly with the majority of guests, including Willis.

Ashleigh Merchant also testified that Wade's cellphone data shows 1 a.m. trips to Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis' home prior to his hiring.

Willis last year indicted Trump and 18 co-defendants, including Michael Roman, a GOP political operative, who first filed motions alleging that Willis was having an "improper" affair with Wade, whom she hired to help prosecute the case against Trump.

Roman, who is represented by Merchant, alleged that Willis financially benefited from hiring Wade because of their extra-marital, romantic relationship.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

2. Thanks Gunny, fj1200 thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I can't remember if it was @Gunny or @fj1200 that alluded to the idea that GA case may have been the most viable of all the lawsuits thrown at Trump for political gains. In any case, Gowdy seems to basically agree:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...ay/ar-BB1jvDVz
    I agree with Gowdy on all points. Was not I who stated anything on what has turned into a political carnival. My statements have been to the effect that this is one of the cases Trump where I'm not sure how Trump is not guilty of election interference/fraud by replacing electors with his own, hand picked ones.

How this Willis carnival sideshow helps Trump legally is dubious at best. Other than it has put Willis on trial instead of Trump and have heard more on her than him lately. If it drags the case out past the election, we already know how Trump plans to handle any charges against him if he wins. That appears to be his strategy on all fronts.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if any political collusion from Dems was investigated, starting with that evil witch in NY.

That the problem here. While Trump might be guilty of crimes, they're getting buried by partisan misconduct and the Dems are the ones with the shovels.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

4. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post