Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Gov. Hochul rolls back big guns in National Guard NYC subway bag searches

Just like this libtard. Disarm the troops, then send them in harm's way

Mind-boggling. Why is it again military troops are needed to begin with?

Gov. Hochul rolls back big guns in National Guard NYC subway bag searches (msn.com)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Maybe I'm missing something again but I still don't see where random searches are constitutional, with or without guns.

But i've been told we only have rights if we fight for them... with guns.
    If that's the case, seems like that times come around. especially while the usurpers are unarmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post

Gov. Hochul rolls back big guns in National Guard NYC subway bag searches (msn.com)
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-11-2024 at 01:22 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Maybe I'm missing something again but I still don't see where random searches are constitutional, with or without guns.

But i've been told we only have rights if we fight for them... with guns.
    If that's the case, seems like that times come around. especially while the usurpers are unarmed.

alternatively to guns... folks can do like Ghandi & MLK.
    DO NOT COPLY.

The gov't already claims they do not have enough police to enforce the laws.
    So make them try to enforce the unconstitutional BS. When everyone (or at least people who say they think they have rights) ignore the laws the laws PRAGMATICALLY become null & void.

It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.

5. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    alternatively to guns... folks can do like Ghandi & MLK.
    DO NOT COPLY.

The gov't already claims they do not have enough police to enforce the laws.
    So make them try to enforce the unconstitutional BS. When everyone (or at least people who say they think they have rights) ignore the laws the laws PRAGMATICALLY become null & void.

Do not comply. That would be what has led to the mess that has necessitated the use of troops as police.

Get off the Constitution. You like to sling that word around like a whip; yet, you are just as quick to complain about who is enforcing which law and how. The US Constitution IS the law. That includes every trickledown to the community level law there is. It is enforced or it is not. Do not comply

The State of NY and NYC in particular won't let the police enforce the law unless it's on wealthy white people. Any other enforcement is racist police brutality THEY, the State, are responsible for this and the outcome is not unexpected. It's akin to letting toddlers babysit themselves. They're going to self-regulate and do the right thing, right? Now they're bitching and crying because such stupidity led directly to where it has and in a panic, getting "other police" to do the job they won't let the police do. Not only that, they aren't letting the Guard do their job either.

What should not have been complied with by the People is allowing the State to emasculate what little protection they had to begin with. The people put these dumbshits in office because they are themselves dumbshits.

Reap what you sow.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Do not comply. That would be what has led to the mess that has necessitated the use of troops as police.

Get off the Constitution. You like to sling that word around like a whip; yet, you are just as quick to complain about who is enforcing which law and how. The US Constitution IS the law. That includes every trickledown to the community level law there is. It is enforced or it is not. Do not comply
    Most officials Do not comply, just ignore it. And too often folks like yourself seem to like it that way.
    It's only a whip to those that want the gov't to do things that it DOES NOT authorize.
    Those are the people not in compliance.

But hey if you can tell me what part the constitution I'm not in compliance with I'm all ears.
    But it seems clear to me that the constitution primarily LIMITS (nearly exclusively) what the Gov't can do.
    Not you (out of the military) or me.

Also the constitution is not really tickle down law.
    the states and local "representatives" make up thier own laws... and frankly... most of those should be nearly as limited.
    Most states have their own constitutions that are mirror of the constitution & Bill of Rights. (or the case of Virginia was used as a template)

From New York's own Civil Rights law:
    "N.Y. Civ. Rights Law § 8
    Current through 2024 NY Law Chapters 1-49 and 61-105
    Section 8 - Right of search and seizure
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no warrants can issue but upon probable cause supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
    https://ypdcrime.com/civil_rights/article2.php#r8

You say i don't like the way the law is enforced.
    When it's ILLEGAL no i do not. How about you Gunny? I don't think you do.

BTW you (and every cop & every public official) swore to protect and defend the constitution from enemies foreign & domestic, why are snipping at me for bringing it up when it's being pissed on?
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-12-2024 at 12:45 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Most officials Do not comply, just ignore it. And too often folks like yourself seem to like it that way.
    It's only a whip to those that want the gov't to do things that it DOES NOT authorize.
    Those are the people not in compliance.

But hey if you can tell me what part the constitution I'm not in compliance with I'm all ears.
    But it seems clear to me that the constitution primarily LIMITS (nearly exclusively) what the Gov't can do.
    Not you (out of the military) or me.

Also the constitution is not really tickle down law.
    the states and local "representatives" make up thier own laws... and frankly... most of those should be nearly as limited.
    Most states have their own constitutions that are mirror of the constitution & Bill of Rights. (or the case of Virginia was used as a template)

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no warrants can issue but upon probable cause supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
    https://ypdcrime.com/civil_rights/article2.php#r8

You say i don't like the way the law is enforced.
    When it's ILLEGAL no i do not. How about you Gunny? I don't think you do.

BTW you (and every cop & every public official) swore to protect and defend the constitution from enemies foreign & domestic, why are snipping at me for bringing it up when it's being pissed on?
    Question: what is the point to "law" if it is not enforced? I see none. If law is not enforced, what incentive do those who consider what they want the law have to comply? None. The law exists to protect those who cannot or will not protect themselves against those who have no regard for it.

You see law enforcement that doesn't suit you as illegal. I do not. The simple truth is, without enforcement you have anarchy. You can't have both, or flip-flop as it suits you.

I don't agree with using the Guard in this case, except as a stop gap measure to gear the civil police back up. I don't agree with using the Guard because the fool doing it has no clue what she is doing nor what she needs to do. Throwing more bodies at a problem she won't hesitate to blame for doing their job is a solution? Circular. She's already done that and failed, and it has led to where it stands.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Question: what is the point to "law" if it is not enforced?
    Question for you.
    You said earlier the constitution is the law. We agree.
    Plus here's the law for the state of NY that mirrors the constitution nearly word for word.
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no warrants can issue but upon probable cause supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."https://ypdcrime.com/civil_rights/article2.php#r8
    The police & national guard are searching people in NY without probable cause or warrant.
    Who's breaking the law here?
    Do you want the law followed?
    Do you want it enforced?

As you asked, "what's the point of the 'law' if it's not enforced"?
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-13-2024 at 01:23 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Question for you.
    You said earlier the constitution is the law. We agree.
    Plus here's the law for the state of NY that mirrors the constitution nearly word for word.
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated; and no warrants can issue but upon probable cause supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."https://ypdcrime.com/civil_rights/article2.php#r8
    The police & national guard are searching people in NY without probable cause or warrant.
    Who's breaking the law here?
    Do you want the law followed?
    Do you want it enforced?

As you asked, "what's the point of the 'law' if it's not enforced"?
    As we all know, bets are off when emergencies are declared, and rightly so, depending on the emergency.

The primary (one of many if I want to chase rabbits) issue I have here is not the State taking action in an emergency. It's the State creating the situation. Then, instead of admitting they screwed up and undoing the far greater damage it has done than the "emergency" itself, it has decided to compound the problem by doubling down on the stupid. This is what you get when you play identity politics and chase screwy fads rather than put qualified people in office.

The "emergency" here, IMO, is a lack of leadership at all levels that is turning NY/NYC into a Third World Country. A lack of responsibility on the part of the voters. Theoretically, the latter could end this in a few months.

As far as the State deploying the Guard in emergency situations? Time honored tradition. Basically, more or less, it's the State declaring martial law. They have curfews, off limits places and whatever else they think it takes to end the emergency.

You're barking up the wrong tree. I have no problem with installing military authority to end this lawless, childish bullshit and restore order and discipline among those that obviously cannot handle the responsibility that comes with a free society. I DO have a problem with people bitching about the Constitution while being willing to allow it to be used to destroy itself. But, problem solved. Once it's gone, THEN who's crying?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default “I Blame the Republicans” – New York Governor Addresses Illegal Immigrant Crisis

And she'll get away with this lame ass excuse with left tards Her inability to manage her state rests on no one but her. That would include declaring yourself a sanctuary. Be prepared to back your declarations or don't make them.

“I Blame the Republicans” – New York Governor Addresses Illegal Immigrant Crisis (msn.com)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

As we all know, bets are off when emergencies are declared, and rightly so, depending on the emergency.

The primary (one of many if I want to chase rabbits) issue I have here is not the State taking action in an emergency. It's the State creating the situation. Then, instead of admitting they screwed up and undoing the far greater damage it has done than the "emergency" itself, it has decided to compound the problem by doubling down on the stupid. This is what you get when you play identity politics and chase screwy fads rather than put qualified people in office.

The "emergency" here, IMO, is a lack of leadership at all levels that is turning NY/NYC into a Third World Country. A lack of responsibility on the part of the voters. Theoretically, the latter could end this in a few months.

As far as the State deploying the Guard in emergency situations? Time honored tradition. Basically, more or less, it's the State declaring martial law. They have curfews, off limits places and whatever else they think it takes to end the emergency.

You're barking up the wrong tree.
    I have no problem with installing military authority to end this lawless, childish bullshit and restore order and discipline among those that obviously cannot handle the responsibility that comes with a free society. I DO have a problem with people bitching about the Constitution while being willing to allow it to be used to destroy itself. But, problem solved. Once it's gone, THEN who's crying?

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
    We have 2 major differences Gunny.
    1. I don't think any problem we have today needs any "remedy" that goes outside of the constitutional bounds.
    2. Our definitions of "emergency" .

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Next Question for 1000 points:
    Do the pictures below represent "a free country" or a "police state"?

remember you have limited time to answer.

jeopardy music plays here.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-20-2024 at 10:53 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

They represent how Hochul chose to handle a situation she let get out of hand. It isn't being done for nothing.

If I rode the subway, I would prefer this to any derelict and/or illegal that wanted trying to hit me in the head with a hammer and me going to jail for retaliating.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

They represent how Hochul chose to handle a situation she let get out of hand. It isn't being done for nothing.
    If I rode the subway, I would prefer this to any derelict and/or illegal that wanted trying to hit me in the head with a hammer and me going to jail for retaliating.
    that's not really an answer the either/or presented, but if that's the what you prefer.

another question. is it constitutiona...
    Never mind you don't care that much about that, "safety 1st" "emergency" etc.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-20-2024 at 10:31 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

that's not really an answer the either/or presented, but if that's the what you prefer.

another question. is it constitutiona...
    Never mind you don't care that much about that, "safety 1st" "emergency" etc.
    They are answers. Just not the ones you want.

The pictures represent National Guard personnel being used as law enforcement in an emergency situation.

You keep going back to the Constitution as if it somehow supports your arguments and it does not. The Constitution is LAW. LAW is meaningless without enforcement. Don't care what la la land you got going where you can have your cake and eat it too. It's not reality. The law is regulatory and punitive. Without enforcement, it's nothing but words on a piece of paper that sound good.

Criminals exist. They have to be dealt with. If there is no fear of punishment, or punishment itself, I refer you to the previous paragraph, last sentence.

What you should be incensed by is what got NY/NYC to this point. Are you railing at Hochul? Adams? Demonazi ideals and institutions? Nope. Once again, bitching about the solution after the fact.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

They are answers. Just not the ones you want.

The pictures represent National Guard personnel being used as law enforcement in an emergency situation.

You keep going back to the Constitution as if it somehow supports your arguments and it does not. The Constitution is LAW. LAW is meaningless without enforcement. Don't care what la la land you got going where you can have your cake and eat it too. It's not reality. The law is regulatory and punitive. Without enforcement, it's nothing but words on a piece of paper that sound good.
    So why are the national guardsmen and police breaking the law without punishment? why has Houchul & Adams gone without punishment?
    They are breaking the law/constitution.

BUT BUT BUT Crime has gone up 13% so the LAW/Constitution does not apply anymore as the lawful limit to gov't powers. So Martial Law "HAS TO" to be used?
    It's "an emergency!" just like covid. do you want granm... I mean...people to die?
    Yes I here you.
    we dont agree.
    Last edited by revelarts; 03-21-2024 at 02:43 PM.