Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Willis or Wade must step aside in Trump’s Georgia case, judge rules

I have an issue with her ethics. However, that not being the question here, I think the judge made the right decision based on the facts presented and his reasoning.

I might see the conflict of interest if she was shacking up with defense counsel.

Fani Willis can stay on Trump's Georgia case if Nathan Wade leaves: Ruling (thehill.com)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

3. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Seems the most half assed ruling I've ever seen. I was liking the judge up until this.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

5. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    88 Post(s)

Judge and his wife are donors to Fanni campaign. Why isn't he called out for bias?
    If the freedom of speech is taken away
    then dumb and silent we may be led,
    like sheep to the slaughter.

George Washington (1732-1799) First President of the USA.

7. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

9. Thanks SassyLady thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Seems the most half assed ruling I've ever seen. I was liking the judge up until this.
    What kind of ruling were you expecting/do you think more appropriate?
    Last edited by Gunny; 03-17-2024 at 03:43 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Both should have been removed. Basically said he thought they both lied, i.e. perjury. Likely financial gain somewhere, overcharging- thus some dismissed prior to ruling. So, "he goes she can stay." Wrong

12. Thanks Gunny, SassyLady thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Both should have been removed. Basically said he thought they both lied, i.e. perjury. Likely financial gain somewhere, overcharging- thus some dismissed prior to ruling. So, "he goes she can stay." Wrong
    I don't disagree. I'm also weighing that against the case never going to trial. Based on the evidence I have seen to this point, Trump is guilty of trying to commit fraud upon the GA voters. Not a partisan opinion, either. Trying to replace the established electors with your own fraudulent ones doesn't add up to much else.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how, as prosecution, dating an attorney that is part of the prosecution matters. Especially enough to sideshow a criminal trial that we know has an expiration date if Trump wins the election.

That she is a partisan hack and apparently so is the judge has not gone unnoticed, but feel free to point out whatever it is I am missing?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I don't disagree. I'm also weighing that against the case never going to trial. Based on the evidence I have seen to this point, Trump is guilty of trying to commit fraud upon the GA voters. Not a partisan opinion, either. Trying to replace the established electors with your own fraudulent ones doesn't add up to much else.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't see how, as prosecution, dating an attorney that is part of the prosecution matters. Especially enough to sideshow a criminal trial that we know has an expiration date if Trump wins the election.

That she is a partisan hack and apparently so is the judge has not gone unnoticed, but feel free to point out whatever it is I am missing?
    I too think this was probably the only case that was worth a damn. That the prosecutor committed so many blunders, starting with anti Trump sentiments, then overcharging, then misconduct puts it all on her. That Trump may benefit, sucks. But, this type of nonsense by prosecutors, doj, etc., just should not be tolerated.

15. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

I too think this was probably the only case that was worth a damn. That the prosecutor committed so many blunders, starting with anti Trump sentiments, then overcharging, then misconduct puts it all on her. That Trump may benefit, sucks. But, this type of nonsense by prosecutors, doj, etc., just should not be tolerated.
    I have zero faith in our judicial system as it is practiced. In practice, appears to me it is the exact opposite of what was/is intended.

Who you are or aren't is not supposed to have play and it does.

17. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post