Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Kate, Princess of Wales, reveals she has cancer and is undergoing chemotherapy

“When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks hjmick, Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes revelarts liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

I had a feeling...
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

4. Thanks Gunny, Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I had a feeling...
    I bet
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I figured it had to be something like this, otherwise there would have been a better response to all the crazy. It's got to be a lot, when a family has 2 and is under the microscope for everything. Her kids are very young.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

8. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes hjmick liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I figured it had to be something like this, otherwise there would have been a better response to all the crazy. It's got to be a lot, when a family has 2 and is under the microscope for everything. Her kids are very young.
    I must have missed something. Like not missing her. I wasn't aware there was any issue.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I must have missed something. Like not missing her. I wasn't aware there was any issue.
    There were all these 'ideas'/conspiracies that it was her marriage; drugs; I don't know. I didn't read them, just saw the headlines and tabloids in check out lines. LOL!

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

11. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Better explanation:

https://hotair.com/karen-townsend/20...ancer-n3785224

Mystery Solved: Kate Middleton has CancerKAREN TOWNSEND 7:20 PM | March 22, 2024

Chris Jackson/Pool via AP, File
    The Princess of Wales announced today that she has cancer. She has begun what she called a course of preventative chemotherapy.

Princess Kate had major abdominal surgery in January. At the time it was announced that she would not resume her royal duties until after Easter. She had not been seen in public since Christmas until an outing with Prince William recently.

Rumors were rampant and wild online. People were speculating on all kinds of things and it was nuts. Perhaps this will calm people down now. The good news is that her surgery was successful. At the time she went into the hospital, it was said that the surgery was not for cancer. Kate said that after her surgery, tests revealed there had been some cancer present in whatever was removed. Her doctors recommended she have preventative chemotherapy.

By all indications, her surgery was a serious one. She remained in the hospital for 13 days. Such a long hospital stay is unusual these days. Then as she remained out of the spotlight, rumors began and, as I said, went wild. Suddenly everyone online was a medical expert. The rumors ranged from conspiracy theories that she was dead to claims that William was divorcing her.

Kate is a class act. She graciously thanked the public for its support and well wishes. She spoke about the comfort she felt having William by her side throughout her illness. And, she talked about reassuring her young children, George, Charlotte, and Louis, George, the oldest, is 10 years old. Kate said she told her children she was well.

She ended her message with a request for privacy as she heals and receives chemotherapy. Her family was foremost in her message. She noted she had to fully recover from her surgery before she could begin chemotherapy.

“We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now I must focus on making a full recovery,” the princess said.

She ended her heartfelt message by saying that she was also keeping “all those whose lives have been affected by cancer” in her thoughts.

“For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone,” Kate concluded.

It seems to be a hopeful sign that her health issue was at first considered to be non-cancerous. It sounds like the cancer that was later found was a small amount so maybe it was caught early enough for her recovery to be complete.

Well wishes came in immediately.

British Prime Minister Rishi Sunak said that the princess had “the love and support of the whole country.” Sunak said Friday on social media that Kate had shown “tremendous bravery with her statement” and that his thoughts were with her and “in particular her three children.”

The White House spokesditz said that the update from Princess Kate was “terrible” and that the administration was “incredibly sad to hear of the news.”

It was unusual for a royal family member to air a video of such a personal matter. She is the future queen and very well-liked. Cancer is always a devasting blow but it must have been especially difficult for Kate since she went into the surgery thinking there was no cancer present. Then, she found out there was.

We still don't know what is going on with King Charles. He is being treated for cancer but that is all that has been announced. I wish them both well.

13. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    There were all these 'ideas'/conspiracies that it was her marriage; drugs; I don't know. I didn't read them, just saw the headlines and tabloids in check out lines. LOL!
    I didn't see any of that. One would think since I usually check BBC there might've been a hint. Then again, I've pretty much tuned out the Royal family because of all the undue/undeserved attention given to Harry and Meghan and their wokeism.

15. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post