Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Default Israel says UN 'deceiving' world over aid delays to Gaza

I find the UN's default, blame Israel stance alarming. I find the Biden admin caving to political pressure on the issue even more alarming.

Israel says UN 'deceiving' world over aid delays to Gaza (msn.com)
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

2. Thanks Kathianne, RoccoR thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, RoccoR liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

RE:
    SUBTOPIC:
    et al,

Quote Originally Posted by EXCERPT Merriam-Webster Dictionary
    bravery
    1: the quality or state of having or showing mental or moral strength to face danger, fear, or difficulty: the quality or state of being brave : COURAGE
    SOURCE (on-line)
    I have to agree, without reservation or exception with "Gunny" on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    I find the UN's default, blame Israel stance alarming. I find the Biden admin caving to political pressure on the issue even more alarming.

Israel says UN 'deceiving' world over aid delays to Gaza (msn.com)
    (COMMENT)

I'm not much of a brave man myself. But I can say that I have served next to many. I know it when I see it. And I can say that the UN lacks such a quality. In fact, the UN is not a place to seek out those leaders who exercise such a human quality.

Similarly, it has been my close observation that the State Department is overrun by less than courageous people. This is a mirror image of the White House. The senior leadership in the White House appears to run and hide rather than face danger, fearing any confrontation, or difficulty no matter the magnitude of the peril. They certainly do not seem to be people of any particular intellectual note. I have seen more bravery from school teachers than I have seen from anyone in this trio.

Working with the UN, the State Department, or the White House is not something to be proud of in your personal history or career.

Just My Though,
    Most Respectfully,
    R
    Last edited by RoccoR; 04-13-2024 at 08:55 AM.

4. Thanks Kathianne, Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne, Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

I'm not a fan of the U.N.. And they generally leaned anti-Israel.

But leaving them out of it.
    & limiting the question to food aid to starving homeless refugees today. like this month.

Who exactly is stopping food from getting them?
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-13-2024 at 03:20 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post
    I'm not a fan of the U.N.. And they generally leaned anti-Israel.

But leaving them out of it.
    & limiting the question to food aid to starving homeless refugees today. like this month.

Who exactly is stopping food from getting them?
    Hamas

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

7. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Hamas
    Hamas?
    just Hamas?

With famine looming, aid group halts food delivery in Gaza after Israeli strike kills 7 workers
    AP

Foreign nationals among food aid workers killed in Israeli attack, as Netanyahu calls strike ‘unintentional’
    CNN

???
    Who controls the boarders? Entrance & Exit?
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-13-2024 at 06:05 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

https://www.jpost.com/israel-hamas-war/article-791412

As armed men surround trucks, Gazans blame Israel, Hamas for humanitarian aid crisis“It goes to the gangs. Hamas controls 70% of it, and the rest goes to merchants who sell it in the market. We do not receive aid except for a few things on rare occasions.
    By AHMED ABD AL-SALAM/THE MEDIA LINE
    MARCH 12, 2024 00:20

In Gaza, as armed men surround aid trucks, residents point fingers at both Israel and Hamas for exacerbating the humanitarian crisis, with vital supplies scarce amid ongoing conflict

The dire shortage of food and essential humanitarian supplies in the Gaza Strip has captured global attention, yet some of the Palestinians living in the enclave are debating the root of the crisis. While most attribute the hardships faced by Gaza’s residents to Israel, others point towards Hamas.

Five months following Hamas’ invasion of Israel—which resulted in the deaths of 2,000 Israelis and 30,000 Palestinians and the abduction of more than 250 Israelis and foreign nationals—the dire scarcity of essentials for nearly 2 million Palestinians is altering the narratives.

In response to the intense international pressure, the US airdropped 38,000 meals and just approved building a floating pier to deliver two meals daily to the Palestinian people. However, Israel claims that Hamas has taken food staples and other packages at the Rafah crossing and is reselling them to their people.

The Media Line spoke with Gazans about the current situation. Some names are obscured to protect their identity.

“In the last few days, we have only had a few trucks carrying food items, but these trucks are not allowed to enter Gaza City at this time,” Amjad Shawa, director of the Palestinian NGOs Network, told The Media Line. “This is a big catastrophe we are witnessing at this time. There are 2.3 million people, most of whom are children, women, elders, and injured people who need food and have lost their income and resources.”

“There is no work, there is nothing. We are just looking for food, water, and medicine, and we have this limited quantity with such restrictions, which leads to a higher death toll among the children.”

When asked to name the organizations that bring aid into the Gaza Strip, Shawa replied: “UNRWA and, at the same time, the World Food Program. We have other NGOs and Palestinian and international organizations working on the ground.”

“Israel needs to end all restrictions regarding the entering of mainly food items, such as medicine, assistance devices for people and other equipment to keep people alive.”

Shawa noted in regards to Hamas controlling aid that enters Gaza: “All we have witnessed were hundreds of starving Palestinians who were waiting for these trucks, which were carrying humanitarian aid in the Gaza Strip and were attacked by Israelis.”

“These starving people were trying to get small pieces of humanitarian aid to go back to their children and feed them.”

Gazans barely get glimpses of the aid that enters
    A, a resident of Gaza, said they see aid enter Gaza, but they “don’t know where it is headed.”

“It goes to the gangs. Hamas controls 70% of it, and the rest goes to merchants who sell it in the market. We do not receive aid except for a few things on rare occasions. The rest is for Hamas, and the merchants belong to Hamas. The prices are very high, and we cannot buy it.”

The Media Line’s attention was directed to armed men identified by locals as Hamas operatives. After surrounding the aid trucks, the so-called gangs fired rounds in the air as a warning sign to the hungry Gazan citizens to keep away.

“The people of Hamas are in control,” A continued. “And if not, there are people and gangs affiliated with them. Their people are rioting in full support of Hamas. There is no income. We see the goods in the market and cannot buy them because there is no money.”

“It is Hamas that takes the aid and distributes it to the dealers we know. Hamas is the proof and leaves us hungry. Hamas did this thing and failed us. Come and see how we live; I didn’t know who to talk to.”

“I can’t buy diapers for my son,” A stressed. “I used to buy them for 10 shekels, and now they cost 180.”

B, another Gaza resident, agreed. “First of all, basic needs are lacking. There is no food, drinks, flour, or soy, and not enough aid from abroad, from Arab and Muslim countries. Look at us. We move from place to place, and at the end of the day, every day, we eat the husks of the corn.”

“We are frankly dying of poverty, pain, and sometimes lack of water. Without drinking it, you die.”

“Hopefully, God may sustain us. We have no other place in the world, not in the Arab countries, not in the Muslim countries, not in other countries, not in the United Nations, not anywhere in the world. The main consideration is that Jerusalem is not only for Palestinians but for all Arabs and Muslims.”

The Media Line interviewed one Gazan woman—C—who says her husband was killed in Shifa hospital by a missile. “I stayed for a month there, and then we arrived at a refugee camp. We were hit two times by missiles and airplanes, and the war didn’t spare anyone.”

“I swear to God, the aid is a fraud. They are thieves—corrupted. They did not do their job or care about us, I swear.”

C continued: “I want to tell the international community to stop the aid because the governments are taking advantage of this. In the refugee camp, they bring us water, but this water is not good for cooking or making meals. I wish to go home rather than stay in the refugee camp.”

“I will never leave my country,” C stated when asked about forced displacement. “And even the young people should not leave our land. But there aren’t good options for living here.”

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

10. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Lest we forget, Egypt controls the Southern border and why won't Egypt open it? Hamas.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

12. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Likes Kathianne liked this post