Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
Good article. Comparative fallacies. I cringe every time I see/hear "we have more ______ than ever before". We also have more people than ever before. Not a true indicator, IMO.

I agree that as long is each gets what they want, trade is fair, without comparing value. What's it worth to you?/one man's trash .... However, while running a deficit is what you get when deficit trading, not good business in my book. The private sector is one thing. It's on the individual. Government however is supposed to be responsible with our tax dollars and it isn't even close. Our government as traders and/or accountants is a failure. I bet most of those politicians' personal finances don't look anything like our National finances.

The author makes a perfect example of himself: the grocery gets more of his money but he doesn't have to grow his own food.

Regardless how many more jobs the author claims we have, what are those jobs? Manufacturing is at an "all-time high" (back to more people), but what is being manufactured?

While both sides have valid points, IMO, collective spoiled rotten laziness has killed manufacturing/industry as much as it has broken the minds of the current generation believing they should walk right out of school into a 6-figure job.

And none of any of this even begins to cover the amount of money our government just gives away. There's just no one culprit. "Trade is evil" is the mindset of flat-Earthers.