Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

Default FBI agent admits 2 questioning Americans ‘all day long’ about their social media post

FBI agent admits to questioning Americans ‘all day long’ about their social media posts

https://sharylattkisson.com/2024/04/...l-media-posts/
    The following is an excerpt from The Washington Times.

FBI agents recently told an Oklahoma woman, confronted at her door, that the bureau sends agents to question Americans about their social media posts “all day long” in an “effort to keep everybody safe.”
    Stillwater resident Rolla Abdeljawad took a video of her conversation, later posted on X by her attorney Hassan Shibly, with the agents, who arrived at her home last week.
    The video shows them telling her that Facebook submitted screenshots of her posts to the agency.
    Ms. Abdeljawad told them she didn’t want to speak to them without her lawyer and demanded they show their FBI credentials, but they refused.

She later wrote on Facebook that she confirmed with local police that the men who appeared at her home were indeed FBI agents, reported Fox News.
    “Facebook gave us a couple of screenshots of your account,” one agent said in the video.
    Ms. Abdeljawad responded, “So we no longer live in a free country, and we can’t say what we want?”
    “No, we totally do,” the other agent replied. “That’s why we’re not here to arrest you or anything. We do this every day, all day long. It’s just an effort to keep everybody safe and make sure nobody has any ill will.”
    The woman then responded, “All I’ve done is exercise my right as an American citizen on a public social media platform with my personal opinions.”

The FBI defended its actions in a statement to The Washington Times, saying, “Every day, the FBI engages with members of the public in furtherance of our mission, which is to protect the American people and uphold the Constitution of the United States. We can never open an investigation based solely on First Amendment-protected activity.
    “The FBI is committed to ensuring our activities are conducted with a valid law enforcement or national security purpose, and uphold the constitutional rights of all Americans.”
    Although the agents didn’t specify what Ms. Abdeljawad said on the internet to warrant their visit, she did post statements recently discussing her exasperation with the Hamas-Israel war. In one post, she called Israel “Israhell.” (Continued….)
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-05-2024 at 08:54 AM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Kind of hard to pass judgement without knowing what she posted. And yes, it DOES matter. I seem to recall an incident awhile back (years) where someone posting on this board was reported to the FBI for what they were posting.

Based on what is reported here, I don't see where the FBI did anything wrong. Showing up at the door and asking questions? That is their job.

On a further note, I don't care what "rights" everybody thinks they have, you are accountable for your words. Putting them in writing on the internet is permanent. Don't type anything and hit enter you don't want the whole World knowing. Simple communications security.

If this woman is so damned righteous in her cause then what's the fuss? Offended that someone dare question her extremism? Then down the line after she goes full tilt in a shopping mall with an AR-15 it'll be "The signs were all over the place and posts reported and nobody did anything"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
    Kind of hard to pass judgement without knowing what she posted. And yes, it DOES matter. I seem to recall an incident awhile back (years) where someone posting on this board was reported to the FBI for what they were posting.

Based on what is reported here, I don't see where the FBI did anything wrong. Showing up at the door and asking questions? That is their job.

On a further note, I don't care what "rights" everybody thinks they have, you are accountable for your words. Putting them in writing on the internet is permanent. Don't type anything and hit enter you don't want the whole World knowing. Simple communications security.

If this woman is so damned righteous in her cause then what's the fuss? Offended that someone dare question her extremism? Then down the line after she goes full tilt in a shopping mall with an AR-15 it'll be "The signs were all over the place and posts reported and nobody did anything"

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    I agree in the most part with you, my reservation is with the failure to produce ID upon request.

"The government is a child that has found their parents credit card, and spends knowing that they never have to reconcile the bill with their own money"-Shannon Churchill

4. Thanks Gunny thanked this post
    Likes Gunny liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    I agree in the most part with you, my reservation is with the failure to produce ID upon request.
    Agree. Was already off and about when it occurred to me I didn't address that. Here, you do not have to comply nor even entertain anyone identifying themselves as officers of the law if they don't produce ID. However, I don't see where compliance is an issue since they asked for a voluntary conversation. Still ...

On the other side of the coin, would want to flash your ID to someone you already KNOW runs their suck on social media?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

6. Thanks Kathianne thanked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/14/ter...million-people

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-terr...tchlist-grows/

it's not REALLY a police state though.
    (East Germany was nothing like this right?)
    the constitution is not a suicide pack!!!
    freedom's no good unless we're kept safe!!
    Last edited by revelarts; 04-07-2024 at 02:29 PM.
    It is proper to take alarm at the first experiment on our liberties. The freeman of America did not wait till usurped power had strengthened itself by exercise, and entangled the question in precedents. James Madison
    Live as free people, yet without employing your freedom as a pretext for wickedness; but live at all times as servants of God.
    1 Peter 2:16

8. Likes SassyLady liked this post
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by revelarts View Post

https://www.axios.com/2023/12/14/ter...million-people

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/us-terr...tchlist-grows/

it's not REALLY a police state though.
    (East Germany was nothing like this right?)
    the constitution is not a suicide pack!!!
    freedom's no good unless we're kept safe!!
    Problem with that is probably the wrong people on the list. 2M is a conservative estimate on the number that should be.