Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    Yes, thank God for the Democrats, they are looking out for the rest of us.

I'm so grateful, I just want to pucker up and kiss Lil' Miss Pelosi on the hiney and tell her it smells like roses.
    Good for you

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I work with a major airline and also worked at an airport fueling corporate jets so I have a little experience around both of the aircraft in question. Hastert flew on Gulfstream 5s, an aircraft that almost anyone but the biggest ego maniacs would feel privelidged to fly on. It has plenty of range to fly nonstop to Japan or India from Washington D.C. and has room for up to 19 passengers. It can also cruise at Mach .87 for 5000 nautical miles! It is easily one of the very finest aircraft flying.
    It's not good enough for Queen Pelosi, she wants a 757-200 series. This is a huge aircraft, twice the size of a 737! It will carry 228 passengers, has a slower cruise speed of mach.80 and a much shorter range of 3900 naut. miles. It also burns a tremendous amount of fuel to move that giant mass around. I have downloaded and uploaded these aircraft, it hold 2-300 large pieces of luggage, that might not be enough for her highness.
    Why would a Democrat, the party of the little guy, snub the use of a 50,000,000 dollar super corporate jet? Could it be an ego problem?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    369 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/natio...3706-5963r.htm

The next time I hear about the big spending habits of Republicans, I'll ask them about this....

A single jet costs several thousand dollars an HOUR to fly, millions of dollars a year to maintain (several hours of maintenance are required for each hour of flight). This means that, if the Bush Administration caves, they will have to supply two or more jets for Ms. Multitask (in case one is down for repairs)
    Forget that. These congresspersons need to LOSE some perks, not get more.

And did anyone tell Pelosi she wasn't elected Queen of the US?
    “When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall, one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle.” Edumnd Burke

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

it runs on hot air.........

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    I work with a major airline and also worked at an airport fueling corporate jets so I have a little experience around both of the aircraft in question. Hastert flew on Gulfstream 5s, an aircraft that almost anyone but the biggest ego maniacs would feel privelidged to fly on. It has plenty of range to fly nonstop to Japan or India from Washington D.C. and has room for up to 19 passengers. It can also cruise at Mach .87 for 5000 nautical miles! It is easily one of the very finest aircraft flying.
    It's not good enough for Queen Pelosi, she wants a 757-200 series. This is a huge aircraft, twice the size of a 737! It will carry 228 passengers, has a slower cruise speed of mach.80 and a much shorter range of 3900 naut. miles. It also burns a tremendous amount of fuel to move that giant mass around. I have downloaded and uploaded these aircraft, it hold 2-300 large pieces of luggage, that might not be enough for her highness.
    Why would a Democrat, the party of the little guy, snub the use of a 50,000,000 dollar super corporate jet? Could it be an ego problem?
    Thanks for the info, S. It really helps put it all in perspective.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sitarro View Post
    penis envy

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Don't bigger planes burn more fuel thus creating more emissions to warm the planet? Think we'll see the headline in the New York Times, "Speaker Pelosi, accelerating glacier meltdown"

Let her peddle a bike like the enviro wacks tell the rest of us to do

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I am a fair guy. When the US has a jet that runs on corn oil I will see that Ms Pelsoi gets it for her travels

How do you tell a communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin.

Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pelosi's wings have been clipped.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250848,00.html

Apparantly, not only will her jet have to refueled between between the coasts, it's subject to availability and the DoD has to approve any passengers. Well, she was quoted as saying something to the effect of not being above flying commercial. I say we hold her to it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Pelosi's wings have been clipped.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,250848,00.html

Apparantly, not only will her jet have to refueled between between the coasts, it's subject to availability and the DoD has to approve any passengers. Well, she was quoted as saying something to the effect of not being above flying commercial. I say we hold her to it.
    Yea, I saw that "hallway" interview, and she seemed to have a little attitude about this whole "issue".

Said all she wanted was what the former speaker had, seems to be backing down just a tad.

Welcome to the rarefied world of the political elite.
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

White House defends Pelosi plane request

By JIM KUHNHENN, Associated Press Writer
    51 minutes ago

WASHINGTON - The White House on Thursday defended House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (news, bio, voting record) against Republican criticism that her desire to fly in an Air Force transport plane is an extravagance.

"This is a silly story and I think it's been unfair to the speaker," White House spokesman Tony Snow said.

Some Republicans are taking issue with the size of the plane Pelosi has requested. Pelosi, a Democrat, asked for access to a C-32, a military version of the Boeing 757-200, that could fly to her hometown of San Francisco without refueling.

"It's not a question of size, it's a question of distance," Pelosi said Wednesday.
    "We want an aircraft that can reach California."

The Pentagon this week informed Pelosi's staff that she would be provided with a plane but that its size would be based on availability and that it could not guarantee nonstop service.

After the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, the Pentagon agreed to provide the House speaker, who is second in the line of presidential succession, with a military plane for added security during trips back home.

Former House Speaker Dennis Hastert, an Illinois Republican, flew in a small commuter-sized Air Force jet.

Rep. Adam Putnam (news, bio, voting record) of Florida, the No. 3 Republican leader, called Pelosi's desire for a large transport plane "an extravagance of power that the taxpayers won't swallow."

"It's important we see what the specific request was," Putnam said.

But Snow on Thursday said the negotiations over Pelosi's transport have been conducted solely by the House sergeant-at-arms and the Pentagon, with no direct involvement by the speaker or her office — or the White House.

The guidelines provided by the Pentagon say Pelosi could be accompanied by family members, provided they pay the government coach fare. The plane could not be used for travel to political events. Members of Congress could accompany her on the plane if the travel is cleared by the House ethics committee.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070208/...o/pelosi_plane

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I looked at the specs on the U.S. Air Force C-20 and it is actually a Gulfstream 3 or 4. The Nautical mile range on that model is 3,700 miles. If fighting a head wind in the winter going west they would probably need to stop for fuel. What is truely a joke is the fact that Pelosi is claiming it's about security. How many bases between D.C. and San Francisco are there. Wouldn't that be a secure enough refueling spot if needed? If it is actually a need for human range extending we now know that even astronauts wear diapers so shouldn't Pelosi use that option?

The Air Force does have the C-37 which is the Gulfstream 5 and has a longer range of 6,500 nautical miles, that will probably be what she will get.

Here is a picture of the C-20.
    Last edited by Sitarro; 10-21-2008 at 01:16 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Why is Bush bending over for Pelosi? Does she have a dog collar on him?
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    Yea, I saw that "hallway" interview, and she seemed to have a little attitude about this whole "issue".

Said all she wanted was what the former speaker had, seems to be backing down just a tad.

Welcome to the rarefied world of the political elite.
    Actually she said that she deserved everything that had been offered to a MAN so I'm wih Manu on this one.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Damn Liberal Media!

Maybe they should look into Rumsfeld's continuing use of jets

after he was kicked to the curb