Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

The article said:
    "The Muslim Council of Canada and the Muslim Forum of Canada have threatened to lodge a formal complaint with the provincial human rights commission that the Herouxville measures are in violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights."

While the quote does not actually say the words, "They are suing to stone women", I think it is sufficiently vague and could mean a lot of things; possibly up to and including an eventual lawsuit for the right to follow their particular religious customs.

As for the thread title, it surely wouldn't be the first to make a small leap to garner interest. I don't think we want to start parsing titles for accuracy levels, do we?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    You're right, the article in the link did not say they were suing. Don't read every link, thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Whats up with the link and title to this thread?
    Bah! I messed up. I only carefully read about half the article, and the place I got it from said they were suing. Yay me for just believing something at face value. My bad.

Still, it says something about the state of Canada when a local measure has to be passed to ban stoning women.

But yeah, my bad. Sorry. Where's the damn blushing smilie when I need it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The article said:
    "The Muslim Council of Canada and the Muslim Forum of Canada have threatened to lodge a formal complaint with the provincial human rights commission that the Herouxville measures are in violation of the Canadian Charter of Rights."

While the quote does not actually say the words, "They are suing to stone women", I think it is sufficiently vague and could mean a lot of things; possibly up to and including an eventual lawsuit for the right to follow their particular religious customs.

As for the thread title, it surely wouldn't be the first to make a small leap to garner interest. I don't think we want to start parsing titles for accuracy levels, do we?

Damn, read way to much today and missed that. You are right, this may not say "sue" but the this is actually WORSE than suing. They are lodging a complain with the "human rights" commission.

Sheesh, must read more closely.

Shame on the idiot who got lucky with me. He actually thought this was a lesser "complaint" than suing. Unreal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Bah! I messed up. I only carefully read about half the article, and the place I got it from said they were suing. Yay me for just believing something at face value. My bad.

Still, it says something about the state of Canada when a local measure has to be passed to ban stoning women.

But yeah, my bad. Sorry. Where's the damn blushing smilie when I need it?
    No worries, Abbey cleared it up and actually made the post MUCH stronger than suing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    You're right, the article in the link did not say they were suing. Don't read every link, thanks for drawing my attention to it.

Whats up with the link and title to this thread?
    Was intended to sound like they have no justification. It's called spin.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

if i sue can i shoot the towel heads?

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The article said:

Unfortunately your right. The print media loves to bury the real story in a bunch of liberal garbage and usually takes some serious reading to find what they are talking about. especially if its something they don't want out there in the open.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    if i sue can i shoot the towel heads?
    I'm with you. If they want the right to stone women I want the right to shoot ragheads. Its only fair.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.