Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    If only you knew the half of it. I got whipped, spanked, hit and beaten with everything from belts, hick'ry switches, fly swatters, shoes and kitchen spatulas. All it did was teach me to use my anger instead of my words. Seriously though, I did get whipped with all of the above and I think it did make me more temperamental/have a shorter fuse than I would have if my parentals had been cerebral with their punishments instead.
    where not talking beating the shit outta kids thats why legislation got moving in the first place simple chastising but then its down to be interpreted as to what that is in some folks eyes and if its gone on for generations ( the real whoppings ) how did you berate your kids ( or how do you )

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

If only you knew the half of it. I got whipped, spanked, hit and beaten with everything from belts, hick'ry switches, fly swatters, shoes and kitchen spatulas. All it did was teach me to use my anger instead of my words. Seriously though, I did get whipped with all of the above and I think it did make me more temperamental/have a shorter fuse than I would have if my parentals had been cerebral with their punishments instead.
    My spankings were cerebral as hell. I'd start off by telling them how much it would hurt, what color their skin would be and all. Then I'd let them wait for it. I'd then get them clamped down over my lap and slowly expose the tops of their thighs, getting the wife to hold on on and restrain the remaining limbs. Finally I'd make that little "pop" sound with my flat palm against their butt and there would be screaming and tears all over hell and back. This would be followed up by re-dressing and an extended hug while they got themselves under control.

Just belting a kid, especially with an object, is not as effective and borders on abuse IMO, especially if done in anger. Kids deserve the full theatrical treatment. Besides its much more fun for the adults.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    where not talking beating the shit outta kids thats why legislation got moving in the first place simple chastising but then its down to be interpreted as to what that is in some folks eyes and if its gone on for generations ( the real whoppings ) how did you berate your kids ( or how do you )
    I don't have kids yet. I plan to eventually and I don't plan to hit them either. I want my kids to be better than me and one thing that will be a definate step in the right direction is putting an end to angry/violent behavior no matter what the degree of it is. I wasn't "abused" per se as a kid, but I definately got more than my fair share of above-average whippings. I remember having welts. That's no way to teach a kid right and wrong. All it does is teach them that violence and using anger is the way to solve problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    My spankings were cerebral as hell. I'd start off by telling them how much it would hurt, what color their skin would be and all. Then I'd let them wait for it. I'd then get them clamped down over my lap and slowly expose the tops of their thighs, getting the wife to hold on on and restrain the remaining limbs. Finally I'd make that little "pop" sound with my flat palm against their butt and there would be screaming and tears all over hell and back. This would be followed up by re-dressing and an extended hug while they got themselves under control.

Just belting a kid, especially with an object, is not as effective and borders on abuse IMO, especially if done in anger. Kids deserve the full theatrical treatment. Besides its much more fun for the adults.
    I don't have kids yet. I plan to eventually and I don't plan to hit them either. I want my kids to be better than me and one thing that will be a definate step in the right direction is putting an end to angry/violent behavior no matter what the degree of it is. I wasn't "abused" per se as a kid, but I definately got more than my fair share of above-average whippings. I remember having welts. That's no way to teach a kid right and wrong. All it does is teach them that violence and using anger is the way to solve problems.
    look at glocks post thats the way no welts , it works .
    otherwise they will run rings round you

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm not sure i buy that.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'm not sure i buy that.
    All I have is my honesty I guess.
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mrg666 View Post
    look at glocks post thats the way no welts , it works .
    otherwise they will run rings round you
    That plus healthy doses of old-time religion, education of the sciences as well as the sacrements, the intellectual chalenges of serious school work, out door activities, the ethics and traditions of Scouting, physical chalenges of organized athletics, fresh air and healthy diet, and this is what you may be luck enough to end up with:

Perfection!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

All I have is my honesty I guess.
    I believe you. I also think that kids need a smack once in a while. But if its done in anger instead of love the parent has screwed up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I believe you. I also think that kids need a smack once in a while. But if its done in anger instead of love the parent has screwed up.
    Good lookin' kids. And I mean that in a strictly platonic, respectful of your parenting skillz kinda way.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Good lookin' kids. And I mean that in a strictly platonic, respectful of your parenting skillz kinda way.
    They are gawd-damn beautiful and perfect in every way. God has shined on me and I aim to please him by nuturing his work.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

They are gawd-damn beautiful and perfect in every way. God has shined on me and I aim to please him by nuturing his work.
    thats a good ad for having them glock its certainly all in the upbringing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

When I first had kids I swore I wouldnt hit them. I fell for the anti-hitting BS. Sometimes there is not batter way to get ones attention and tell them that you mean business then a quick spank on the hiney.