Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default "...and YOU are a great American" - moved

Overheard on the Sean Hannity Show this afternoon on the drive home from work:

Sean: “Let’s go to Fred from Chicago. Fred, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show”

Fred: “Sean, thanks for taking my call. You are a great American”

Sean: "Fred, YOU are a great American...”

STOP RIGHT THERE!

How in the world can Sean Hannity possibly know that this disembodied voice claiming to be Fred from Chicago belongs to a man who is, in fact, a “GREAT AMERICAN”???? The ONLY thing that Sean Hannity knows about Fred is that Fred thinks that SEAN is a great American. Is Sean Hannity so egocentric and vain that he believes the someone’s expression of HIS “great American“-ness is all it takes to make that someone a “great American” as well?

I immediately flashed to Star Trek episodes where Vulcans greeted one another with “Live Long and Prosper”.

“You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American" “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American"... it has become a mindless greeting for people who apparently don’t really know what it means.

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive today and called Sean Hannity and Sean had said, Let’s go to Jeffrey from Milwaukee. Jeffrey, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show and Jeffrey had said, Sean you are a great American, you KNOW that Hannity would have replied, And YOU are a “great American“, Jeffrey... or... YOU are a “great American“, Tim McVeigh... or... YOU are a “great American“, Benedict Arnold.

It is clear to me that Sean Hannity does not have a fucking CLUE what being a “great American” entails. It CERTAINLY entails MORE than being an adoring fan of Sean Hannity, that is for DAMNED sure.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

well what was the rest of the conversation about?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

HFM, "you are a lousy American".

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    well what was the rest of the conversation about?
    I was laughing so hard, I really have no idea..... but Fred from Chicago....now HE is one great motherfucking American..that is for sure!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    HFM, "you are a lousy American".
    from my perspective, a comment like that from glock is a badge of honor.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

you claim to be a great american.........................

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post

STOP RIGHT THERE!

How in the world can Sean Hannity possibly know that this disembodied voice claiming to be Fred from Chicago belongs to a man who is, in fact, a “GREAT AMERICAN”???? The ONLY thing that Sean Hannity knows about Fred is that Fred thinks that SEAN is a great American. Is Sean Hannity so egocentric and vain that he believes the someone’s expression of HIS “great American“-ness is all it takes to make that someone a “great American” as well?

I immediately flashed to Star Trek episodes where Vulcans greeted one another with “Live Long and Prosper”.

“You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American" “You are a Great American” “You are a Great American"... it has become a mindless greeting for people who apparently don’t really know what it means.

If Jeffrey Dahmer were alive today and called Sean Hannity and Sean had said, Let’s go to Jeffrey from Milwaukee. Jeffrey, you’re on the Sean Hannity Show and Jeffrey had said, Sean you are a great American, you KNOW that Hannity would have replied, And YOU are a “great American“, Jeffrey... or... YOU are a “great American“, Tim McVeigh... or... YOU are a “great American“, Benedict Arnold.

It is clear to me that Sean Hannity does not have a fucking CLUE what being a “great American” entails. It CERTAINLY entails MORE than being an adoring fan of Sean Hannity, that is for DAMNED sure.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    you claim to be a great american.........................
    "great" is a tough call. honest? patriotic? certainly.

how about you?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"great" is a tough call. honest? patriotic? certainly.

how about you?
    i am a wise ass californian......

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    i am a wise ass californian......
    no argument from me on that one

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

STOP RIGHT THERE!

Good lord senior, don't lose another marble over radio show hosts.

Another thing, maybe Sean greets most/all people who call into his show with that greeting until they do something un-american. Who the boondoggle poodle are you to say who can and cannot say who is a great american?

You're a nimrod. Think about it. By your very thread, you have anointed yourself as the ONE who anoints who is and is not a great american. No? Yes you are, for are saying Sean is wrong and you are therefore, must be right. You further your ignorance by saying Sean doesn't have a fuckin clue, LOOOOOOL. And you do?

You do realize that you then put yourself in the same situation that Sean has, that you both "think" you know what an American is.

Personally, Sean admits when he is wrong. YOU, however do not. YOU sit on your lovely chair and pontificate your simplemindedness.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no argument from me on that one
    go back to your chair....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post

Good lord senior, don't lose another marble over radio show hosts.

Another thing, maybe Sean greets most/all people who call into his show with that greeting until they do something un-american. Who the boondoggle poodle are you to say who can and cannot say who is a great american?

You're a nimrod. Think about it. By your very thread, you have anointed yourself as the ONE who anoints who is and is not a great american. No? Yes you are, for are saying Sean is wrong and you are therefore, must be right. You further your ignorance by saying Sean doesn't have a fuckin clue, LOOOOOOL. And you do?

You do realize that you then put yourself in the same situation that Sean has, that you both "think" you know what an American is.

Personally, Sean admits when he is wrong. YOU, however do not. YOU sit on your lovely chair and pontificate your simplemindedness.

no. I merely point out that Sean cannot know who or who is not a great american simply by ascertaining that the individual thinks that he, Sean Hannity, is a great american. I merely point out that thinking that Sean Hannity is a great American is not the definition of what makes a great American. Do you really disagree with that premise?????

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no. I merely point out that Sean cannot know who or who is not a great american simply by ascertaining that the individual thinks that he, Sean Hannity, is a great american. I merely point out that thinking that Sean Hannity is a great American is not the definition of what makes a great American. Do you really disagree with that premise?????
    it is simply a greeting.......give the rehtoric a rest dude.....

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I will echo what Manu said, it is a greeting.

My point still stands. YOU point out. YOU say. YOU merely point. You conclude that Sean cannot IN HIS opinion ascertain who is or is not a great american. This is a conclusion.

By you saying Sean is not the definition, you are logically concluding that you must then have the definition. If not, what then is your authority that Sean is wrong?