Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nienna View Post
    Jesus lived a life of total submission. He was not a rebel. Suppose a sergeant told a private to drop and do 50, and then a general walked by and said to go peel potatoes. The private gets up and heads to Dfac. Is the private in rebellion? No, he is obeying a higher authority.

Jesus had no rebellion in his heart. His actions toward the Jewish leaders were aimed at restoring rightful authority, not rebelling. The Jewish leaders were in rebellion, not Jesus.

(Jason, this smiley is for YOU... )

Word games. One can submit to one thing while rebelling against another.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSage View Post
    Word games. One can submit to one thing while rebelling against another.
    Whatever.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Whatever.

No. Not whatever. He was very clearly a rebel, by any defintion of the word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus was against no man. THEY were against him.

You cannot have rebellion without authority. Jesus' authority was so much greater than that of the Jewish leaders that it is an insult to Him to call Him a rebel.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

dude - you're wrong in this sense: You want him to be a Rebel so it makes YOU feel better about going against EVERY Grain you want. You feel like you can identify him; like God has set YOU apart from all others as the Champion of HIS cause.

Dude - I pray for you more than anyone I've met online. You CAN get through these clouds of conspiracy and shadows. It's SO easy - Christs' message. The plan is SIMPLE and ANYONE can come to know God. There's NO need for hidden meanings, worry of false-teachings (when the bible is available to everyone), or stress.

DID Jesus rebel against the Pharasees? Okay. Sure. Do you wanna call him a "rebel" because of it? Sure. Enjoy that. The bottom line is "It doesnt matter."
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Jesus was against no man. THEY were against him.

You cannot have rebellion without authority. Jesus' authority was so much greater than that of the Jewish leaders that it is an insult to Him to call Him a rebel.
    But in the society at the time, most people considered the pharisaic leaders to be the authority. You're still playing word games. He was a rebel.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    dude - you're wrong in this sense: You want him to be a Rebel so it makes YOU feel better about going against EVERY Grain you want. You feel like you can identify him; like God has set YOU apart from all others as the Champion of HIS cause.

Dude - I pray for you more than anyone I've met online. You CAN get through these clouds of conspiracy and shadows. It's SO easy - Christs' message. The plan is SIMPLE and ANYONE can come to know God. There's NO need for hidden meanings, worry of false-teachings (when the bible is available to everyone), or stress.

DID Jesus rebel against the Pharasees? Okay. Sure. Do you wanna call him a "rebel" because of it? Sure. Enjoy that. The bottom line is "It doesnt matter."

I will enjoy it. I am enjoying it. I love the truth.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But in the society at the time, most people considered the pharisaic leaders to be the authority. You're still playing word games. He was a rebel.
    It doesn't matter what "most people" think. It doesn't matter if "most people" consider Jesus to be a rebel. What matters it what is going on in that person's heart. Jesus lived a life of perfect submission. He said time and again, "I only go where the Father tells me to go, I only do what the Father tells me to do." There was NO rebellion in his heart.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It doesn't matter what "most people" think. It doesn't matter if "most people" consider Jesus to be a rebel. What matters it what is going on in that person's heart. Jesus lived a life of perfect submission. He said time and again, "I only go where the Father tells me to go, I only do what the Father tells me to do." There was NO rebellion in his heart.
    ANd the father told him to rebel against worldly authorities, because that's what he did. I call flipping over the tables of the money changers an act of rebellion, wouldn't you ? Never mind. Of course you wouldn't.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I will enjoy it. I am enjoying it. I love the truth.

But who CARES?? IF you sleep better calling Jesus a rebel, that's fine.

As far as the 'truth'? You're buying into Website with CLEAR fundamental flaws in their teaching, and calling it truth?

wow.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

But who CARES?? IF you sleep better calling Jesus a rebel, that's fine.

As far as the 'truth'? You're buying into Website with CLEAR fundamental flaws in their teaching, and calling it truth?

wow.
    No. Jesus was a rebel. He was raliroaded into capital punishment because of it.

Like, wow, man.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I call flipping over the tables of the money changers an act of rebellion, wouldn't you ? Never mind. Of course you wouldn't.

And healing on the sabbath...and whatever else he did to open the eyes of the pharasees; but his goal was NOT to rebel - God did NOT call him to Rebel - that wasn't His purpose. His purpose was simple: To BE the way from Earth, to Heaven for all mankind.

During that process, some religious leaders got their feelings hurt. Fine.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

No. Jesus was a rebel. He was raliroaded into capital punishment because of it.
    Do you feel you'll gain credibility by saying something loud and often?

Do you NOT understand that Jesus HAD to die? That His crucifixion is NOTHING to be upset over? Do you get that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And healing on the sabbath...and whatever else he did to open the eyes of the pharasees; but his goal was NOT to rebel - God did NOT call him to Rebel - that wasn't His purpose. His purpose was simple: To BE the way from Earth, to Heaven for all mankind.

During that process, some religious leaders got their feelings hurt. Fine.

But he DID rebel, it doesn't matter if he intended to. That's what he DID based on his inpiration from god.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

ANd the father told him to rebel against worldly authorities, because that's what he did. I call flipping over the tables of the money changers an act of rebellion, wouldn't you ? Never mind. Of course you wouldn't.
    When we were teenagers, my mom found my little sister's Guns 'n' Roses tape. She listened to some of the lyrics, then she took it out to the garage and smashed it with a sledgehammer. Was my mom in rebellion against my little sister?