Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    you know, I have seen people make that claim a lot.....have you ever seen any evidence of it?....I find it tiresome that people try to equate the gay marriage issue to race.....being black isn't a choice....living with someone of the same sex is.......
    Really...? Could you provide any evidence to support that assertion? A link perhaps? Please try to refrain from eating up bandwidth as is Pale Rider's wont.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    Really...? Could you provide any evidence to support that assertion? A link perhaps? Please try to refrain from eating up bandwidth as is Pale Rider's wont.

lol...which one do you think requires proof?...

1) being black isn't a choice...
    2) living with someone of the same sex is a choice.....

let's see....I woke up this morning and decided I would be black today.....didn't work....guess that proves the first....

hmmmm....should I have a relationship with Fred or Fredricka?......

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    lol...which one do you think requires proof?...

1) being black isn't a choice...
    2) living with someone of the same sex is a choice.....

let's see....I woke up this morning and decided I would be black today.....didn't work....guess that proves the first....

hmmmm....should I have a relationship with Fred or Fredricka?......
    Don't be droll. Can you provide any indepedent, credible evidence that being homosexual is purely a matter of choice?
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    I don't believe the Federal Government has any business interfering in the religious rite of marriage. If the Federal Government wants to allow "civil unions" then that is their business but marriage belongs to the church.

Immie
    The whole "gay marriage" debate isn't about the religious ceremony. Gays can get married anywhere they want in a church that will do gay marriages. Nothing is preventing that now and no one is talking about taking that right away. What gays want is for everyone else to recognize and condone their "marriage." Sorry, but that steps onto MY rights as to what I call a "marriage". Two fags slipping rings onto each others fingers is not what I define as a marriage. If they considered as so, thats great, but don't tell ME that I have to recognize that. Through government, they want to force everyone else to recognize their "marriage". If government recognizes it as a legitimate marriage, it will open the door for gays being able to join the military openly, teaching children in schools that homosexuality is OK and even encouraged, and worst of all open the doors for gays to adopt children. The latter of which is their ulitmate goal, since there is no better way for gays to 'recruit' young ones into their preverted ranks.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't be droll. Can you provide any indepedent, credible evidence that being homosexual is purely a matter of choice?
    Is somebody forcing fags by gunpiont to stick a penis in their mouth? No, they choose to commit a homosexual act. So unles they are being raped, they are doing it by choice.
    Last edited by theHawk; 10-31-2007 at 02:22 PM.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    The whole "gay marriage" debate isn't about the religious ceremony. Gays can get married anywhere they want in a church that will do gay marriages. Nothing is preventing that now and no one is talking about taking that right away. What gays want is for everyone else to recognize and condone their "marriage." Sorry, but that steps onto MY rights as to what I call a "marriage". Two fags slipping rings onto each others fingers is not what I define as a marriage. If they considered as so, thats great, but don't tell ME that I have to recognize that. Through government, they want to force everyone else to recognize their "marriage". If government recognizes it as a legitimate marriage, it will open the door for gays being able to join the military openly, teaching children in schools that homosexuality is OK and even encouraged, and worst of all open the doors for gays to adopt children. The latter of which is their ulitmate goal, since there is no better way for gays to 'recruit' young ones into their preverted ranks.
    Well, the point of the thread was do you want a constitutional ban on gay marriage. I don't want one. I don't care. I simply do not want the government regulating my faith in any manner. The Federal government should keep it's nose out of marriage, period.

I'm not afraid of homosexuals "recruiting" my children since they're darn near grown anyway. I don't want that lifestyle for either one of my children, but I can tell you this... if one of them came to me and told me, "dad, I'm gay", nothing would change for me.

Although, I will say, I often feared what my dad would say if I had told him that having grown up seeing his "intense dislike" for "queers".

Immie
    Last edited by Immanuel; 10-31-2007 at 02:40 PM.
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Marriage is between a man and a woman, period.

Do I want a constitutional ammendment to ban it? NO

If gays want a civil partnership so to protect their assets than fine, but don't call it marriage.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    Is somebody forcing fags by gunpiont to stick a penis in their mouth? No, they choose to commit a homosexual act. So unles they are being raped, they are doing it by choice.
    I notice you didn't include lesbians...Or does the thought of woman on woman sex just send you to the bathroom to commit the sin of Onan?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Can you provide any indepedent, credible evidence that being homosexual is purely a matter of choice?
    only if you provide credible evidence that I made any such claim.....read my posts next time before you reply.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You've ALREADY been "provided" more links and proof than a DOZEN people would need, and here you are, still asking for more.

People get tired of this pathetic shtick of yours pulit. You need to either get with it and sound like you may know what you're talking about, or take a breather. You've lost all credibility with people here.