Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Hey, I appreciate the offer, but I guess I was exaggerating a little bit. It's not broken, or at least not so bad that I would want you to have to go through all the hassle of sending me a new one, though I really appreciate the offer.

Honestly, when I bought the thing, the guy at Gamestop told me that the guitars are notorious for breaking easily, so I got the no-questions-asked replacement plan, so I just need to dig up that receipt and go get myself a new guitar.

Incidentally, I'm a little underwhelmed with III. It's hard, sure, hard enough that it wasn't fun for me after a while. But, the game felt shorter to me, for some reason. When I got it, the guy at Gamestop was going on and on about how many songs are unlockable, but when I go to the store, there's only like five or ten songs available. Keep in mind, I haven't beaten the game, but I have gotten up to the final tier.

And, I wasn't as excited over the song selection as I was in the second one. The only songs I can remember thinking were really good, not obvious choices were The Killers' "When You Were Young" and Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock".

i agree....I was harder than III for me and i liked II the best......rock the 80's is pretty fun as well....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I bought this yesterday, it's pretty fun. More or less the same thing as 2, with a battle mode added (which sucks, in my opinion). The song choices are better, and there's more original recordings, which I like. Most of the covers from the second ones were really accurate, but it's just better when you're jamming with Axel Rose, y'know?

In sadder news, i somehow messed up my guitar controller. The toggle switch you hit has gotten slightly loose, but I guess it's enough, because when I hit it, it comes back loose enough that it makes it hit another note on the way back. Does that make sense?
    Actually, I think the guitar controller for GH3 for the 360 has a stronger spring in the strum trigger causing it to rebound as another hit note when you just flick the trigger down and release.

GH3 rocks!
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

BTW, one of our department's students brought his Rock Band and 360 in this past week to play on our big-screen projectors over lunch. Personally, I was disappointed in it. GH3 is tougher and has MUCH better graphics than RB from what I saw.
    “Liberalism is totalitarianism with a human face” - Thomas Sowell

“What "multiculturalism" boils down to is that you can praise any culture in the world except Western culture - and you cannot blame any culture in the world except Western culture” - Thomas Sowell