Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Twice now since the shut down I haven't been able to log on...

I don't know what it is, but I'll be on the board and click to go to another thread or section, it'll sit there and do nothing, and then I get a message that says this internet page cannot be displayed, and that I should check my internet connection. This is the only website that does that. Everything else loads in a heart beat. This not being able to log on will last for a couple hours, just like what just happened not long ago.

What's up with that?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I couldn't get on earlier tonight, about an hour ago. Probably more server issues.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Yeah - server is jacked.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Virtual burping.
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Anyone read the announcement where I let everyone know the server would be coming down at 4pm EST today to have the drives moved to a new server?
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Anyone read the announcement where I let everyone know the server would be coming down at 4pm EST today to have the drives moved to a new server?
    It also happened last night about 8 fricking times.
    POLITICAL ACTIVISTS CREED
    "It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brushfires in people's minds" -Samuel Adams

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men
    stand ready to do violence on their behalf."~George Orwell

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Happened again just now. The board went dead at 11:40 PM my time and I haven't been able to get back on until now. The message I get is the same every time... "cannot find server." It happens enough. It was happening before the crash, and it's happening after the crash. Your board deserves better Jim. This server sucks.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Because of the outage from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, I turned off monitoring services. I am in the process of signing up with better services. These are paid services, and they monitor various ports on your website at set intervals. In order for me to have the service check the site every 60 seconds I must pay a fee. I'm also adding a few more free services for redundant checking that will run anywhere between 5-15 minute intervals.

Shortly you will see a small uptime button in my signature that will show the total server uptime from the paid service.

This will not only help us all keep aware of how the server performs, but give me additional ammunition when opening support tickets showing them that it's not my connection, which they frequently claim is the problem.

Again though, bear with me, as I believe we'll be moved to a much better place before long!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Because of the outage from Friday evening until Sunday afternoon, I turned off monitoring services. I am in the process of signing up with better services. These are paid services, and they monitor various ports on your website at set intervals. In order for me to have the service check the site every 60 seconds I must pay a fee. I'm also adding a few more free services for redundant checking that will run anywhere between 5-15 minute intervals.

Shortly you will see a small uptime button in my signature that will show the total server uptime from the paid service.

This will not only help us all keep aware of how the server performs, but give me additional ammunition when opening support tickets showing them that it's not my connection, which they frequently claim is the problem.

Again though, bear with me, as I believe we'll be moved to a much better place before long!
    Outstanding.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

I have just an image in my signature which pulls the uptime stats since recording started with the new monitoring service. It's only an image as certain elements of the script aren't allowed in signatures.

At the top of the board, just to the right of the Paypal donate button, is once again the image, but that one is clickable and will bring you to the stats page for the board.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have just an image in my signature which pulls the uptime stats since recording started with the new monitoring service. It's only an image as certain elements of the script aren't allowed in signatures.

At the top of the board, just to the right of the Paypal donate button, is once again the image, but that one is clickable and will bring you to the stats page for the board.
    It's being checked by Moscow, Russia?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    It's being checked by Moscow, Russia?
    That's just one. They have 80 datacenters around the world and they check randomly. This is to ensure reliability, and to make sure the server is available and not failing as a result of just one route. It'll use a different server to test every minute.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

I was just messing with you, I'd have to be a real asshole to demand a link to the top of the board!