Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    Take it as well, its good for lowering your cholesterol (the Omega-3's). I would also throw in a flax seed oil capsule as well to be sure your getting all the oils you need. Dont forget the exercise that goes with it.

As a side not don't go for the expensive ones they have been shown to have more additives than the cheaper ones. Most studies are done on the effectiveness of the less expensive ones due to the fact that is what most people buy.
    I take these extra fat ones. They have fish oil, flax seed oil, and sunflower oil.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    My parents gave my brother and sisters and I a teaspoon of Cod Liver Oil each night before bed for awhile. Don't remember what for. It is supposed to be good for you.
    I'm not sure if thats the stuff they put in the fish pills, it might be, because the benefits seem to be the same:

Cod liver oil is derived from cod livers. It is a nutritional supplement, in the past commonly given to children. Cod liver oil is one of the most effective providers of omega-3 fatty acids, and an excellent source of vitamin A and vitamin D. It is widely taken to ease the pain and joint stiffness associated with arthritis[1] but has also been clinically proven to have a positive effect on heart,[2][3] bone,[4] and brain[5] health, as well as helping to nourish skin,[6] hair, and nails.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cod_liver_oil