Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Boeing Planes All In A Row

Pretty cool picture of Boeing passenger airliners all lined up from what I believe is the 777 on the left, right on down....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

And panels that I have made are in the cockpits of every single one of those planes.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    And panels that I have made are in the cockpits of every single one of those planes.
    Which panels would those be hj? I'm an old Air Force instruments and flight controls guy, I'm interested.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Which panels would those be hj? I'm an old Air Force instruments and flight controls guy, I'm interested.
    Cool!

We make the panels for Collins, Honeywell, Lockheed Fort Worth, Sikorsky, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Lear Astro, Lear Siegler, the list goes on.

We've got panels on the 737, the 777, the F16, Apache, Blackhawk, the Osprey, the B1B, the Bradley fighting vehicle, the CH53, again, the list goes on.

If it's illuminated, NVIS or not, and in the cockpit, there's a good chance the company I work for made it, though there are a few smaller panel houses. The panels cover the whole spectrum of cockpit controls.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    Cool!

We make the panels for Collins, Honeywell, Lockheed Fort Worth, Sikorsky, Boeing, McDonnell Douglas, Lear Astro, Lear Siegler, the list goes on.

We've got panels on the 737, the 777, the F16, Apache, Blackhawk, the Osprey, the B1B, the Bradley fighting vehicle, the CH53, again, the list goes on.

If it's illuminated, NVIS or not, and in the cockpit, there's a good chance the company I work for made it, though there are a few smaller panel houses. The panels cover the whole spectrum of cockpit controls.
    Hmmm... no General Dynamics. That's what my F-16's were. That was when I worked on the flight line.

However I also worked in CRS, see my avatar. (Component Repair Squadron.) When I was there we did bench tests on LRU's from F-4's, which were McDonnell Douglas.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Hmmm... no General Dynamics. That's what my F-16's were. That was when I worked on the flight line.

However I also worked in CRS, see my avatar. (Component Repair Squadron.) When I was there we did bench tests on LRU's from F-4's, which were McDonnell Douglas.
    When I first started working here, the F16s were GD/FtW, Lockheed bought GD a few years back so I now leave GD of the list, but we did the entire instrumentation for the F16.

We also did the NVIS conversion Australia recently did on their helicopters and we've supplied Israel with replacement panels for their F16s.
    Last edited by hjmick; 11-09-2007 at 06:00 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Nice pic, Pale.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pretty cool picture of Boeing passenger airliners all lined up from what I believe is the 777 on the left, right on down....

Nice shot....... the planes (guessing on model numbers) from right to left are: 707-320 (looks like the biggest 707), 717, 727-200, 737-800, 747-400 (maybe the new 747-8), 757-200, 767-200 and the 777-300. The 787 is missing. The 717 is actually a MD-95 based on the DC-9 developed by McDonnel Douglas before they merged with Boeing.

A Concorde is in the back right and a special 747, that was built to transport large parts for the 787 Dreamliner, is on the left. Also above the 747 in the line is a B-47 Stratojet bomber that was the first swept winged jet bomber in the U.S. Air Force arsenal(1950s, replaced by the B-52). To the left of it looks like the classic "Gooney Bird", Douglas DC-3 that was used in a modified version as "Puff The Magic Dragon" in Vietnam.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me