Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Default Why this board is great! :)

I was the VERY FIRST registered member (not counting the two Admins who started the board) of a forum; back in Feb of 2000. I was a moderator, then eventual Admin.

Last week I got a PM from a well-meaning but over-zealous Moderator about my signature:

Many Liberals Won't Stand For Victory In Iraq
    Seems it violated a fictional (never stated ANYWHERE on the board) rule against "political signatures".

I replied to the moderator (who is a friend, btw) "I'm not one to break rules - here are the signature rules I followed"

Then I listed the rules.

BUT because he's my friend, I didn't make a stink. I changed my sig to this - stolen from here, by permission:

It's been said about Military Service: Those who sacrifice a portion of thier freedom to defend yours are in measureable fact better than those who don't or didn't.
    Today, I logged in.

My signature had changed to:

It's been said about Military Service:

So - Why this board is great? We will not change your sig!! (Unless we're just messing with you, but even then it's only to change Jim's sig into something Homosexuality-related. )
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    but even then it's only to change Jim's sig into something Homosexuality-related. )
    THAT's what makes this board so great! Because what other admin would allow being made fun of and allow those to remain. You bastards have been egging me on for years now!

I dare you to go to DU and make that your sig.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's been said about Military Service: Those who sacrifice a portion of thier freedom to defend yours are in measureable fact better than those who don't or didn't.
    They probably changed it because this signature sucks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaffer
    Science wants to explain things and understand why they happen. Creationists want to use science to justify their own causes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"this board"

what board..