Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Interview with "Dan"

It's about time a did an interview with the little southern weasel! Then again, maybe I'd better not be too harsh. I used to dunk Dan pretty good in the pool and the beach, and had him run across the beach nekkid on a dare when he was drunk in NC! He's getting older, and bigger though. And also wants to be a writer, and I'd rather not have him writing about my scandals! LOL

Dan is a smart cookie. He brings a lot to the board as he's quite funny and a damn good writer. He brings us up to speed about a lot of good movies, some obscure music, and is always ready for a good "zing" towards other members!

Can you share with the board a little about yourself and your background?

Sure, I was born in Colonia, New Jersey, when I was 11 I moved to Orangeburg, South Carolina, and I now live in North Augusta, SC, which is right on the SC/GA border. But, I think pertaining to the board, the most important information regarding me is that I'm your little brother!

I'm an aspiring writer, but my actual job is as an editor for a lawyer referral guide called Best Lawyers. My primary interests are music, movies, & writing, as can be seen on the boards, I suppose.

What brought you to Debate Policy?

You did, Jim! When this board was first created (under a previous name), we had maybe eight members, at least four of which were in Jim's immediate family, so it's nice to see how much the board has grown. Incidentally, all you suckers calling yourselves "old-school" don't know crap about old-school!

I first got into this only to keep in touch with said family that posted here. Once traffic picked up, I started opening up as far as politics, for better or worse.

You seem like a cool dude, good looking, smart & outgoing. Are you related to anyone on the board?

Yeah, I get that from Sir Evil!

Nah, like I said, Jim and Sir Evil are my older brothers. Our Dad used to post here occasionally, but I don't think he does anymore.

I know you always wanted to be a director or writer growing up, do you still have those aspirations?

Yeah, absolutely. Honestly, I got to the point that every message board I went to, there were at least two or three people on there trying to be a writer and/or director, and it all seemed a bit sad, so I quit talking about it quite so much. I still write every day, but the more I think about it realistically, I absolutely hate cutthroat, corporate business, and I can't think of any business more cutthroat than the movie industry, so who knows what'll happen with that.

Right now, I am working on a Flaming Lips music video, using only MS Paint and MS Movie Maker (yeah, very low-budg!). It's very tedious work, and I probably shouldn't have picked a song that was seven minutes long, but I will post it if and when it ever gets finished.

Who do you think will win the Democratic and Republican nominations respectively, and why?

Hmm, this is a good one. I'm having trouble finding a candidate I feel like I can support. The closest I've found is Ron Paul, but I can't realistically support him, knowing he has no chance.

I was disappointed that my state turned down Colbert's bid for the presidency, I would've voted for him in a second!

I see Giuliani geting the nom for Republican. I don't have anything inherently against him, though he leans far too much to the right for me.

As far as the democratic side, I really hope Hilary doesn't get the bid. She doesn't have the experience required, and just like Kerry in the '04 election, her primary positions seem to be less about "here is what I'm going to do" and more about "here is what the republicans are doing wrong". It's time to forget about that line of thinking, what this country needs right now is a little solidarity, someone to unite us.

I like Obama, he's a great speaker, but he seems way too eager to please, or at least to tell the democrats what they want to hear, regardless of the results.

At the end of the day, though, Obama won't win, and I'll give you my politically incorrect reason why: all black people will vote for him, but they make up a very small percentage of the voting population. In addition, in all honesty, I don't see many republicans in the south (and parts of the north, too) willing to vote for a black guy. Sorry, that's how it is.

Hillary Clinton, your thoughts?

Should've read through these before I started writing! Anyway, yeah, see above.

Do you think illegal aliens should be granted drivers licenses?

Well, I don't think it should be as easy for them to get a license as it is for Americans. I don't see any major problems with it, really, even if they are criminals or whatever, it'll at the very least be easier to keep track of them if they have licenses.

How do you think GW Bush will be remembered 50 years from now?

I think his administration will be remembered as a disaster, but I really think, or hope, that he's not remembered as the only reason for that. I don't exonerate him for any of his many mistakes, but he's by no means the worst prez we've ever had. He was the president at a very tumultuous time in our country's history, but he wasn't completely responsible for that.

What would YOU do to improve the board as a whole?

This is a good question. Nothing immediately springs to mind. The most pressing issue at the moment is the fights that are getting more and more personal, but there's really no way to solve that without compromising the free speech that pretty much defines this board.

Once the election starts to heat up, everybody will be too busy hating on each others' candidates to worry about hating on each other, so I think it will work itself out. See ya on the boards!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

well done, Dan!!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.