Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Default Dems Global Warming Bill Will Cost You $500/yr

If there is a way to take your money Dems and some RINO's will find a way to make it happen

The "Climate Change" bill will now take $500/yr out of your pocket (along with all the tax increase the Dems want)

Not to mention the damage it would do to our economy

Global Warming Bill Could Cost Every U.S. Man, Woman and Child Up to $494 Annually

By Jeff Poor
    Business & Media Institute
    11/13/2007 1:36:53 PM

Imagine what you could do with an extra $400 or $500 a year – save for retirement, fill your gasoline tank several extra times or buy a plane ticket for vacation. Now multiply that amount by every member in your immediate family. It could add up to a lot of extra money.

But not so fast. A bill introduced in the Senate by Sens. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and John Warner (R-Va.) would require companies to scale back greenhouse-gas emissions to 2005 levels by 2012 and 1990 levels by 2020 – and that bill would come with a hefty price tag

One analysis of that bill by CRA International, an international business consulting firm, predicts the Lieberman-Warner bill could cost $4 trillion to $6 trillion over the next 40 years, according to an editorial in the November 11 Washington Times.

If that bill were passed and made law, the tax would cost every man, woman and child – more than 303 million Americans – $494 a year, a significant burden on the U.S. economy.

Former Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan warned that such carbon caps have a cost – stating in his book, “The Age of Turbulence,” that the effect would be limited unless imposed globally. Caps imposed only on the United States would be detrimental.

“There is no effective way to meaningfully reduce emissions without negatively impacting a large part of an economy,” Greenspan wrote. “Net, it is a tax. If the cap is low enough to make a meaningful inroad into CO2 emissions, permits will become expensive and large numbers of companies will experience cost increases that make them less competitive. Jobs will be lost and real incomes of workers constrained.”

http://www.businessandmedia.org/arti...113133308.aspx

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

shucks, if I could stop the liberals yammering about global warming for only $494 I would consider it a bargain......
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PostmodernProphet View Post
    shucks, if I could stop the liberals yammering about global warming for only $494 I would consider it a bargain......

It is cheaper to stuff a gag in their mouth

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

after the two trillion flushed down the shitter for the Iraq war, most folks will think of it as a bargain!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    after the two trillion flushed down the shitter for the Iraq war, most folks will think of it as a bargain!
    MM shows his support for the troops once again. Winning in Iraq is money down the shitter

Keep that white flag high in the air MM

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by red states rule View Post
    MM shows his support for the troops once again. Winning in Iraq is money down the shitter

Keep that white flag high in the air MM
    you are confused. My suggestion that the war in Iraq has been the worst and costliest foreign policy mistake in our nation's history does not detract from my support for the men and women fighting it. I hope and pray that every round they fire hits its target, and that everyone fired at them misses. I hope they prevail in each and every encounter. I support them in many ways. and that support is undiminished simply because I oppose the foreign policy decisions of the man that sent them there.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

you are confused. My suggestion that the war in Iraq has been the worst and costliest foreign policy mistake in our nation's history does not detract from my support for the men and women fighting it. I hope and pray that every round they fire hits its target, and that everyone fired at them misses. I hope they prevail in each and every encounter. I support them in many ways. and that support is undiminished simply because I oppose the foreign policy decisions of the man that sent them there.
    Please keep your defeatest and surrender BS on the proper threads

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

It's impossible to "support the troop" yet rebuke their mission.

Dear Democrats:

PLEASE stop taxing me. PLEASE stop taking money from me. My family needs it.

Sincerely,

dmp.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Please keep your defeatest and surrender BS on the proper threads
    oh...like you ran away from the SBVT thread that YOU started????

Like I said, I think that the vast majority of americans have been desensitized to numbers as small as these by the enormous price tag of Iraq.

and the interesting difference is this: you post an op-ed and the key word in the title is COULD. The cost of the war in Iraq is known.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Dear Democrats:

PLEASE stop taxing me. PLEASE stop taking money from me. My family needs it.

Sincerely,

dmp.
    It's like saying you love football players yet you hate the game of football

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post

Sincerely,

dmp.
    and you would know that....how? have you ever been a "troop" I have.

I always knew that my mission was to go and do what the suits told me to...and that the suits would change their minds. My mother was a huge anti-war activist during Vietnam, but I never once doubted her support of me.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

and you would know that....how? have you ever been a "troop" I have.

I always knew that my mission was to go and do what the suits told me to...and that the suits would change their minds. My mother was a huge anti-war activist during Vietnam, but I never once doubted her support of me.
    You're fooling yourself, really. At least have the balls to say you DON'T Support the troops - that'd be at least slightly respectful.

So..you were a "Troop" eh? Sure. You retired from the Navy as an E6. I 'suppose' that counts.

It's like saying you love football players yet you hate the game of football
    I SUPPORT the Seahawks - I simply hate their gameplan, their coaches and General Manager, their methods, AND wish they'd stop being paid.

Funny - the Coaches and GM 'are' seahawks, too. Just like the President and his Military Advisers are troops, too. (no so much the president, but as the CinC, I'd consider him part of the team).
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You're fooling yourself, really. At least have the balls to say you DON'T Support the troops - that'd be at least slightly respectful.

So..you were a "Troop" eh? Sure. You retired from the Navy as an E6. I 'suppose' that counts.

NO. I am not fooling myself. you are talking out of your ass because you have no direct experience. And , by the way, I retired from the Navy as an O5. I would have been proud to have been an E6 - especially if I had been a QM1 - but I was commissioned. And you really should get out of the really unattractive habit of putting words in people's mouths.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

NO. I am not fooling myself. you are talking out of your ass because you have no direct experience. And , by the way, I retired from the Navy as an O5. I would have been proud to have been an E6 - especially if I had been a QM1 - but I was commissioned. And you really should get out of the really unattractive habit of putting words in people's mouths.

You are just a fool - doing what your party tell you to do

The US military knows how the Dems feels about them - that is why the military vote goes Republican

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

my party has never told me to anything, other than get out and vote.

and trust me, there are a lot of democrats in uniform, and there will no doubt be more as Bush continues to misuse and abuse them.