Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I thought this was probably the culprit, consumers expect bargains at Christmas. It's not that the retailers won't sell, it's their profits that take the hit. Same results, but different cause, the retailers did it to themselves:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/2007/1...markets44.html

Discounting Christmas
    Tom Van Riper, 11.08.07, 7:21 PM ET

Retailers can go ahead and blame a lackluster October on the warm weather — that doesn't soften the fact that the holiday season is shaping up to be the worst in five years.

More longtime industry consultants are predicting lower holiday sales growth than the 4% projected by the National Retail Federation. First Loeb & Associates President Walter Loeb, citing a gradual buildup in inventories, forecast a 3% to 3.5% season. Now industry guru Britt Beemer, head of consumer behavior consultant America's Research Group, is even dourer. He thinks growth will come in at 2% or below.

Why? Bigger Christmas discounts than ever. Nearly half the consumers his company recently polled said they would wait for stores to come out with 50%-off sales before buying...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How many voters over the next decade or so do you think will buy the idea of your NO responsibility of six years of completely republican rule for the problems which arrising out of their policy.

If we had just had six years of completely democratic rule who would you blame for the current mess America is in?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by truthmatters View Post
    And so it begins.

This is how the right will claim that the Republican party will get no blame for their policy or lack there of during the YEARS they had total control over our government.
    What the fuck does the government have to do with PRIVATE business practices. Yoiu are such an idiot. The BANKS are the ones that loaned in a preditory style not the government. This housing buble has been a long time in the making and it was bound to bust eventually. I just wish it would have held on for a couple more years so that a Dem would have been in office to take the blame but wait you would have said it was the prvious admin. doing.

This current economy has been a long time in the making and it started in the Clinton years with a Dem congress. You are such a fucking retard....
    Does Monkeybone have to choke a bitch?
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" —Benjamin Franklin, 1759

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Why don't you just start posting.

The republicans did it....the republicans did it.The republicans did it....the republicans did it.The republicans did it....the republicans did it.The republicans did it....the republicas did it. The republicans did it....the republicans did it.

People need to take responsibility for their own stupid mistakes. You dems have a hard time with that. Whenever something goes wrong it's someone elses fault. Banks gave loans to people they knew couldn't afford it, the people knew they couldn't afford it and did it anyway. END OF STORY
    For years the left whined how the crdit requirement were to tight.

If people do not read their mortgage papers, whose fault is that?

The dirty little secret for people defaulting on their mortage is not only the principal and interest payment - it is also because of higher property taxes that causes your overall payment to increase

If you have an escrow account you can see your payments jump by a couple hundred bucks per month

Which states do I see the biggest jump, whcih have the highest taxes? NY. NJ, CA, WI, and MI

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

If we had just had six years of completely democratic rule who would you blame for the current mess America is in?
    I would blame the Democrats. I would blame the Republicans. I would blame the government in general. I would blame people who run up amazing debt in an attempt to live beyond their means. I would blame financial institutions who finance loans to risky customers. The list of culprits to blame is long and includes people of every political persuasion.

It's called "The Big Picture."
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeybone View Post
    What the fuck does the government have to do with PRIVATE business practices. Yoiu are such an idiot. The BANKS are the ones that loaned in a preditory style not the government. This housing buble has been a long time in the making and it was bound to bust eventually. I just wish it would have held on for a couple more years so that a Dem would have been in office to take the blame but wait you would have said it was the prvious admin. doing.

This current economy has been a long time in the making and it started in the Clinton years with a Dem congress. You are such a fucking retard....
    You will excuse anything they do or fail to do huh?

I will be watching people like you writhe in pain to figure out a way to blame all the Bush and R congress fallout on Clinton and the next Dem admin. Its going to be really sad. I just dont undestand why people love the R party more than their country and their own interest?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hjmick View Post
    I would blame the Democrats. I would blame the Republicans. I would blame the government in general. I would blame people who run up amazing debt in an attempt to live beyond their means. I would blame financial institutions who finance loans to risky customers. The list of culprits to blame is long and includes people of every political persuasion.

It's called "The Big Picture."
    Sadly the only thing that crosses liesmatters mind is

The republicans did it....the republicans did it.The republicans did it....the republicans did it.The republicans did it....the republicans did it.The republicans did it....the republicas did it. The republicans did it....the republicans did it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You will excuse anything they do or fail to do huh?

I will be watching people like you writhe in pain to figure out a way to blame all the Bush and R congress fallout on Clinton and the next Dem admin. Its going to be really sad. I just dont undestand why people love the R party more than their country and their own interest?
    personnal responsibility

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

People here dont like to talk about the economy, I wonder why?
    well i specialize in multi family housing condos and the like .....

we have grown by 15% per year over the past 3 years and are on pace to do it again this year .....

so if the economy sucks no one has told my clients .... which just hapen to be the fortune 500 of public and private home builders ....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

I think truthdoesntmatter is a Hillary plant!!! Or maybe she is Hillary!!!!
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    personnal responsibility
    You should know by know that she doesn't believe in that. Its always the governmant fault....... ohhh wait I mena the republicans fault.......
    Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want." -Dr. Randy Pausch

Death is lighter than a feather, Duty is heavier than a mountain

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nukeman View Post
    I think truthdoesntmatter is a Hillary plant!!! Or maybe she is Hillary!!!!
    see other thread on tokyo rose.....

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I do! The economy is working fine for me...it'd be working a little better if Democrats would stop trying to take my money.
    They just want to pay off the debt Chimpy McPresident has run up financing his dirty little war with Iraq, the TOTAL costs of which are expected to EXCEED $1.6 <font color=red><b>TRILLION</b></font>. And given that China owns a large chunk of that debt, we'll be dancing to their tune for a looooong time to come. So much for national security.
    Fascism has come to America, wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. His name is Trump.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength. - George Orwell...The New GOP motto.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Personal attacks in the face of facts?

Is that all you have?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bullypulpit View Post
    They just want to pay off the debt Chimpy McPresident has run up financing his dirty little war with Iraq, the TOTAL costs of which are expected to EXCEED $1.6 <font color=red><b>TRILLION</b></font>. And given that China owns a large chunk of that debt, we'll be dancing to their tune for a looooong time to come. So much for national security.
    and libs have spent $9 trillion on social programs

now your Presidential candidates have promised $700 billion in new spending (and keep the books open)

I understand your biggest fear on Iraq is happening. The US militray is winning and great progress is being made. That is a big political problem for the Dems