Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    What are the murders then? Are these murders in Iraq?
    murdered military while on active duty...doesn't say where or by whom....but not in combat

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is."

~Albert Camus

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manu1959 View Post
    such as...........
    I've already said it several times. We have intelligence services. We have a military that can be anywhere on the globe in a matter of hours. Put our intelligence services to work and the minute one of those coc... er SOB's, stick their heads up out of the sand, take them down.

I realize your answer to that is, "why haven't they found OBL?". I'd have to say, because they ain't looking.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Of course you wouldn't want to work with 'us', as we aren't really Americans, right? You only support Americans.

My guess is that most of your time in military was peacetime. You KNOW that even then, too many are killed by accidents and what have you. You also know that the medical care is not at the same level as in war time, meaning there are likely casualties that wouldn't be, in war time.
    I know all of that. I am not suggesting anything about military mortality rates one way or the other. What I am suggesting is that people who would insult liberals and spit on our patriotism by posting that we would find fewer military deaths to be "bad news" don't deserve any kindness or cooperation from a democratic majority.

btw...My time in the military was 1968-1993... lots of peacetime...lots of cold war time.... a bit or hot war time in those years.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I know all of that. I am not suggesting anything about military mortality rates one way or the other. What I am suggesting is that people who would insult liberals and spit on our patriotism by posting that we would find fewer military deaths to be "bad news" don't deserve any kindness or cooperation from a democratic majority.

btw...My time in the military was 1968-1993... lots of peacetime...lots of cold war time.... a bit or hot war time in those years.
    Fair enough. I doubt I qualify as someone who spits on the patriotism of others. On the other hand, I've been around for war time/peace time cold war too. So I ask you, with most of your military time being at 'peace' during the Cold War, do you disagree with the dangers present even then to those that serve. Reminds me, what are the rates of death for those working on docks at ports or transportation?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Fair enough. I doubt I qualify as someone who spits on the patriotism of others. On the other hand, I've been around for war time/peace time cold war too. So I ask you, with most of your military time being at 'peace' during the Cold War, do you disagree with the dangers present even then to those that serve. Reminds me, what are the rates of death for those working on docks at ports or transportation?
    I have personally watched an H-46 nosedive off the helo deck of an oiler and lose all but one crewmember... searched in vain for five sailors washed over the side in rough seas.... searched the seas at night for any signs of perhaps a dozen or more pilots downed... not to mention at least that many sailors electrocuted. The military is fairly hazardous in the best of times.

and of course you don't qualify as someone like that.... the author of this thread certainly does, however. I hope he reaps the whirlwind.

p.s. and the helo crash happened in the Indian Ocean on a moonless night when the oiler I was on was transiting TO Diego Garcia and met up with a fast frigate transiting to the arabian sea FROM Diego Garcia and their CO asked if we could quickly vertrep a pallet of sodas over to them as the supply depot at Diego Garcia had been out....so we launched the helo and it immediately crashed.... four lives lost just for a pallet of soda.
    Last edited by retiredman; 11-14-2007 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

More active members of the military died during two years of peacetime in the early 1980s than died during a two-year period of war in Iraq and Afghanistan, according to a government report.
    I can see Immie and jd's point, but they are suggesting that the government was intentionally misleading is incorrect. The sentence above is simple, plain english.

It appears that our these posters claim that they have been misled, when it may be a simple matter of poor reading comprehension.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

.... What I am suggesting is that people who would insult liberals and spit on our patriotism by posting that we would find fewer military deaths to be "bad news" don't deserve any kindness or cooperation from a democratic majority.

1. A Democrat has already been caught on tape equating good news in the war as bad news for them. Party above country; soldiers be damned.
    2. The only time I've been disappointed in or Repubican officials is when they expect "nice" from elected Democrats. More often than not they get the "nice" shoved up thier asses; Lucy and The Football.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

I have personally watched an H-46 nosedive off the helo deck of an oiler and lose all but one crewmember... searched in vain for five sailors washed over the side in rough seas.... searched the seas at night for any signs of perhaps a dozen or more pilots downed... not to mention at least that many sailors electrocuted. The military is fairly hazardous in the best of times.

and of course you don't qualify as someone like that.... the author of this thread certainly does, however. I hope he reaps the whirlwind.

p.s. and the helo crash happened in the Indian Ocean on a moonless night when the oiler I was on was transiting TO Diego Garcia and met up with a fast frigate transiting to the arabian sea FROM Diego Garcia and their CO asked if we could quickly vertrep a pallet of sodas over to them as the supply depot at Diego Garcia had been out....so we launched the helo and it immediately crashed.... four lives lost just for a pallet of soda.
    You make my point and that of the study. In the 'best of times' the military duty is very dangerous. Given the tasks, the calls for disasters, the practices or what they call them. All lead to possibilities of death. Given that, which is multiplied in war conditions, it should be accounted for.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You make my point and that of the study. In the 'best of times' the military duty is very dangerous. Given the tasks, the calls for disasters, the practices or what they call them. All lead to possibilities of death. Given that, which is multiplied in war conditions, it should be accounted for.
    as I said earlier.... I am not disagreeing with any of the study. I am only disagreeing with people so filled with partisan hatred that they would accuse their avaerage democratic fellow americans of thinking less military deaths was bad news.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

as I said earlier.... I am not disagreeing with any of the study. I am only disagreeing with people so filled with partisan hatred that they would accuse their avaerage democratic fellow americans of thinking less military deaths was bad news.
    Hey the partisan of either of us is not me. I know you will agree with that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey the partisan of either of us is not me. I know you will agree with that.

absolutely, but even I would not accuse republicans of reveling in the death of American soldiers!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

absolutely, but even I would not accuse republicans of reveling in the death of American soldiers!
    I hope I didn't. Did I?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I hope I didn't. Did I?
    of course not....you are a saint. My ire is directed at this thread's incendiary author...no one else.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

of course not....you are a saint. My ire is directed at this thread's incendiary author...no one else.
    Your feigned ire is based on your poor reading comprehension.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

A saint, kiss!