Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    I do feel bad, Gabby. I felt like your post was an unprovoked attack toward me, and again, if that's not the case (which it doesn't seem like it was), then I am sorry.
    I am probably being blonde about this, but how could my post be construed as a personal attack on you? I wasn't directing it at one person.

Otherwise, I have no idea what kind of world issues were discussed. Perhaps this brilliant high school junior was able to give the President of Colombia tips on how to eliminate the drug cartels and deal with international terrorism.
    Or perhaps they discussed recipes and cooking.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I am probably being blonde about this, but how could my post be construed as a personal attack on you? I wasn't directing it at one person.
    Basically, I didn't see any of hjmick's reply, so as far as I knew, this thread was your OP, me pointing out that you had posted something similar, then redacting that when I realized the difference between the posts, then you coming back with "Please read closer" AFTER I had apologized. My mistake.
    Free the West Memphis 3.... http://www.wm3.org

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

My sister and her husband have custody of a high-school girl who was born in Colombia. The girl is really talented as an artist and architectural designer. So much that, at 16, she has already won multiple awards and college scholarship stipends.
    She recently submitted some structure designs that were picked up by the government of Colombia. She is going there this fall and might get a personal audience with the president.

Can you imagine being a parent and having a rep for the Bush administration call you and say "we are impressed with you kid. Can you bring him/her to Washington to meet the president?"

Unbelievable...
    Well they aren't her parents, they are her guardians. If they feel as you do, they should have told GW, "screw you!" we are not accepting this award. Then again, they could go and say, "Screw you, we know that Columbia offers much more than she could find here."

Did they?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kathianne View Post
    Well they aren't her parents, they are her guardians. If they feel as you do, they should have told GW, "screw you!" we are not accepting this award. Then again, they could go and say, "Screw you, we know that Columbia offers much more than she could find here."
    Did they?
    This response makes zero sense whatsoever. How the hell are you factoring Bush into this thread? It has nothing to with Bush whatsoever. It is simply a kid who is being honored by the government of her birthplace.
    Unless you just want to turn everything I say into a personal attack. If that is the case, take your perverse brain dead bullshit into another section.
    This is a kid who grew up with nothing and now has the chance at a college education and a good job. She is not pregnant, on drugs or in trouble with the law. Maybe your kids are and you are upset about it. Don't blame my sister for your shortcomings.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

This response makes zero sense whatsoever. How the hel* are you factoring Bush into this thread? It has nothing to with Bush whatsoever. It is simply a kid who is being honored by the government of her birthplace.
    Unless you just want to turn everything I say into a personal attack. If that is the case, take your perverse brain dead bullshi* into another section.
    This is a kid who grew up with nothing and now has the chance at a college education and a good job. She is not pregnant, on drugs or in trouble with the law. Maybe your kids are and you are upset about it. Don't blame my sister for your shortcomings.
    Actually you are right, I overreacted to what should have been good news. I guess sometimes there's a tendency to 'give back' some of your negativity, I shouldn't have, sorry.