Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Default Prepare to feel very uneasy

The airline security thread made me think about the reasons why we are unable to secure our country. Two reasons come up most.

The United States of America, the most powerful and affluent nation on earth, is afraid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our government kowtows to them at every opportunity.
    Under an agreement with have with the Saudis, we can't deny entry to any Saudi resident that is traveling on "approved" business. That is "approved" by them, not us. That is why there are active terrorist cells in our country. There are KNOWN terrorists here. Because we can't deny them entry.
    The Saudi government actively sponsors and funds terrorist groups. They sponsored 15 of the 19 alleged participants in the Sept. 11 attacks. We couldn't deny them entry. The original Sept. 11 Commission report detailed this. About 200 pages of the report were excised because the Saudi government objected to it.

Question: What is the easiest way to sneak a bomb on to an aircraft?
    Answer: Become an employee of an airline, an airport or a company that does business with either.
    If you are one of the above, you are not screened at any time. You have often unmonitored access to aircraft.
    This was all part of a very frightening report from a couple of years ago (I believe done by Salon.com, but also published in a book). One person dressed as a caterer and went to an airport with a catering company. Placed a realistic looking fake bomb in a box and placed it in the regular catering boxes. Walked unchecked into the airport and onto a plane, where it was placed under a seat. Where it made a couple of flights before someone finally discovered it.
    Another person placed a different box in a cockpit supply area. Similarly undetected.
    Catering and cleaning people are often minimum wage. How much would it take for a terrorist to bribe one of them to place a bomb on an airplane? Probably not much.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm not uneasy.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

So you are afraid of Muslims who try to sneak bombs on planes, but you are not afraid of the average person who CAN sneak bombs on planes.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'm unafraid of either.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    The airline security thread made me think about the reasons why we are unable to secure our country. Two reasons come up most.

The United States of America, the most powerful and affluent nation on earth, is afraid of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Our government kowtows to them at every opportunity.
    Under an agreement with have with the Saudis, we can't deny entry to any Saudi resident that is traveling on "approved" business. That is "approved" by them, not us. That is why there are active terrorist cells in our country. There are KNOWN terrorists here. Because we can't deny them entry.
    The Saudi government actively sponsors and funds terrorist groups. They sponsored 15 of the 19 alleged participants in the Sept. 11 attacks. We couldn't deny them entry. The original Sept. 11 Commission report detailed this. About 200 pages of the report were excised because the Saudi government objected to it.

Question: What is the easiest way to sneak a bomb on to an aircraft?
    Answer: Become an employee of an airline, an airport or a company that does business with either.
    If you are one of the above, you are not screened at any time. You have often unmonitored access to aircraft.
    This was all part of a very frightening report from a couple of years ago (I believe done by Salon.com, but also published in a book). One person dressed as a caterer and went to an airport with a catering company. Placed a realistic looking fake bomb in a box and placed it in the regular catering boxes. Walked unchecked into the airport and onto a plane, where it was placed under a seat. Where it made a couple of flights before someone finally discovered it.
    Another person placed a different box in a cockpit supply area. Similarly undetected.
    Catering and cleaning people are often minimum wage. How much would it take for a terrorist to bribe one of them to place a bomb on an airplane? Probably not much.
    I work for an airline, I have a uniform and yet I have to go through screening. I have had an unopened can of Red Bull taken from me because it was over 3 ounces of liquid( I was wearing a Federally assigned badge that allows me anywhere on the airport grounds except the runways). Even the entries that we use to get directly on the ramp have TSA screeners stopping us.

I do agree that we are lax in screening because politically correct hiring practices allow idiots to be hired to work around the airport. Everyday I see TSA employees playing with their cellphones instead of observing passengers walking from floor to floor........ I wonder if it's a coincidence that all of the worst TSA employees I see are black and seem to have less IQ than a jack rabbit.
    No matter where I've traveled or how great the trip was, it's always wonderful to return to my country, The United States of America......... me

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It is a good thing I'm not a terrorist. Getting into an airport and onto the ramp area is so easy if you know what I do. But then the one I am thinking of I worked at and helped build.
    Be afraid! 2009 is the next strike!
    A chance for a new beginning, like a dawn of reconciliation.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

We have an open visa policy with some countries too. Some have the same sort of visa policies with us, although not all countries who have these policies give the same concessions to each other. I think it's a fairly common practice. We just added someone back after they had been removed. I forget who and why.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by April15 View Post
    It is a good thing I'm not a terrorist. Getting into an airport and onto the ramp area is so easy if you know what I do. But then the one I am thinking of I worked at and helped build.
    Be afraid! 2009 is the next strike!
    Why '09? I think the terrorists will take their sucess influencing elections in Spain a year or two back and attempt to apply hat tactic here. That means a week before the elction November 08. They will hope that we will act like Spain and vote liberal.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

"Prepare to feel very uneasy?" I feel uneasy everytime I see you've started a new thread!
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    Why '09? I think the terrorists will take their sucess influencing elections in Spain a year or two back and attempt to apply hat tactic here. That means a week before the elction November 08. They will hope that we will act like Spain and vote liberal.
    That would be within the time span. We will be voting liberal anyway. America has had it with the Bush war.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

That would be within the time span. We will be voting liberal anyway. America has had it with the Bush war.
    What time span? End of times span?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

I know that you and your fellow libs will be voting for Hillary, but the red blooded of us just might vote for Huckabee or Thompson. So while you hope for a terrorist attack to improve your chances of HillaryCare, an attack on the US is more likely to steele our resolve against terrorists, not appease them. IMHO, of course.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gabosaurus View Post
    I've noticed this too, and I can't explain it. I think it has to do with America's oil dependency, which I am convinced we need to drop like a bad habit.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    I've noticed this too, and I can't explain it. I think it has to do with America's oil dependency, which I am convinced we need to drop like a bad habit.
    We will Jeff
    Some of you may allready know this but at the bottom of the Gulf there is a sea of crude oil. It will just take some new equptment to get to it because of the depth.
    Oil will cost a little more at first to cover cost of getting it out. but it will be our oil. And we will be a larger player at the world trading table for oil.
    When we will decide to start going after this oil will depend on how much pressure we encounter from South America. and the Saudi bunch.
    Also we have claimed a large part of the artic that is also rich in oil. But it too will cost to get it out.
    For Freedom's battle once begun ,
    Bequeathed by bleeding sire to son,
    Though battled oft' Is never won.
    Corporal. 15th Combat engineers 77-80

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmail View Post
    I know that you and your fellow libs will be voting for Hillary, but the red blooded of us just might vote for Huckabee or Thompson. So while you hope for a terrorist attack to improve your chances of HillaryCare, an attack on the US is more likely to steele our resolve against terrorists, not appease them. IMHO, of course.
    Hillary still has to keep from blowing her lead. So much can happen between now and november. I think an attack here would push people to a conservative more so than a libby. It's the perception thing. Fighting terrorists is just like shadow boxing, great exercise but doesn't harm the shadow and gives a great feeling of invincebility.