Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Default Best Post Contest! $$

That's right, win $25 for simply doing what you already do - post!

The catch is, there will only be one winner, and that winner must present the best post in a 2 week time frame. One liners, flaming & cut-n-paste won't win this one. I'm looking for a post that is completely written by one of our members, intelligently, thought provoking and leaves the reader feeling like they truly benefited. Think of "spikesmygod" when posting, although his content or political leaning has no bearing. He spent a great deal of time making one single post that would get great reviews each and every time. If you're unfamiliar with his posts, do a search on his name as a few members have reposted a few of his articles in his honor and remembrance.

The content doesn't matter, it can be political, sports, comedy, chat, a movie review... What counts is the quality of the post.

If you see a post starting posted after this begins, and you want to nominate it, post a link to it in this thread.

If you write a post and want to be considered, post a link in this thread.

I will be the sole judge, so all members are available to participate. I will be 100% impartial, which is why I clearly state it need not be about politics, although of course they will count as well.

A winner will be declared on Monday, December 3rd at 8pm. Winner will receive $25 via Paypal. Remember, it's not a hard contest, just one good post can take it!

A special thanks to an "anonymous" member for not only helping with the idea, but sponsoring the contest and winning funds as well.
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    That's right, win $25 for simply doing what you already do - post!

The catch is, there will only be one winner, and that winner must present the best post in a 2 week time frame. One liners, flaming & cut-n-paste won't win this one. I'm looking for a post that is completely written by one of our members, intelligently, thought provoking and leaves the reader feeling like they truly benefited. Think of "spikesmygod" when posting, although his content or political leaning has no bearing. He spent a great deal of time making one single post that would get great reviews each and every time. If you're unfamiliar with his posts, do a search on his name as a few members have reposted a few of his articles in his honor and remembrance.

The content doesn't matter, it can be political, sports, comedy, chat, a movie review... What counts is the quality of the post.

If you see a post starting posted after this begins, and you want to nominate it, post a link to it in this thread.

If you write a post and want to be considered, post a link in this thread.

I will be the sole judge, so all members are available to participate. I will be 100% impartial, which is why I clearly state it need not be about politics, although of course they will count as well.

A winner will be declared on Monday, December 3rd at 8pm. Winner will receive $25 via Paypal. Remember, it's not a hard contest, just one good post can take it!

A special thanks to an "anonymous" member for not only helping with the idea, but sponsoring the contest and winning funds as well.
    Cool, both to you and the member. Now this is a new idea, though considering the stuff in the past few hours, I've no hope for. I've garnered enough words.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I'm sure I could quite easily win this post if I opened up the doors to the past and could show everyone what a "little angel" you were!! How you and John didn't put me in the nuthouse is beyond me!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joan View Post
    I'm sure I could quite easily win this post if I opened up the doors to the past and could show everyone what a "little angel" you were!! How you and John didn't put me in the nuthouse is beyond me!!
    Uh Joan, you could win easily, just smile! Now about posting the goods, feel free!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Do that and not only won't you win the contest, I'll be the first admin to ban his own Mom!
    “You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy, the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named "Bush", "Dick", and "Colin." Need I say more?” - Chris Rock

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    204 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimnyc View Post
    Do that and not only won't you win the contest, I'll be the first admin to ban his own Mom!
    Jim, you do one thing to your mom, I'll find a way to get that on all mb throughout the US. Your mom rocks. You take care of her! *edited* to say I know Jim and his bro and sis care for their mom. I was posting like everyone knows that, but it may not be the case.

My point was that anyone that 'knows' Joan, knows her kids have lots of reasons to respect and care for her. Joan rocks.
    Last edited by Kathianne; 11-19-2007 at 09:47 PM.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'll match that $25, Jim, for a total of $50 between me an the 'anonymous' member's $25.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Time to digitize those old photos Joan.
    "I am allergic to piety, it makes me break out in rash judgements." - Penn Jillette
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with a lot of pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "The man who invented the telescope found out more about heaven than the closed eyes of prayer ever discovered." - Robert G. Ingersoll

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    514 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'll match that $25, Jim, for a total of $50 between me an the 'anonymous' member's $25.
    Wow, thanks Darin! Much appreciated, and I'm sure the entire board appreciates your contribution.

There you have it, folks, the winner will now receive $50 via Paypal!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

maybe we can get others to step-up with $5? 10?+ too..
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Dont forget the pics Joan!!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Pssssssssstttttt Jim, if I win I'll split it with ya.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Jim, if I win, I will donate the entire amount back to the board.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    Jim, if I win, I will donate the entire amount back to the board.
    I'd do the same...just trying to excite him.
    UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    I'd do the same...just trying to excite him.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey