Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default New (old) Truck...

I just couldn't resist. I saw this thing as I drove by this lot on my lunch today and HAD to stop in and look at it. I've been wanting a *RED* truck ever since I don't know when, and this one was lifted. So, I pulled in and looked. As I walked toward it, the closer I got, the more I liked it. By the time the saleman opened the door and I smelled the new car smell and spied the FIVE SPEED, I was already saying in my head, "write it up".

I'm really fond of this body style and the 350 vortec engine. This truck has a 6" Superlift lift, 35" BFGoodrich mudders on Centerline wheels, about as expensive of wheels and tires you can buy, a brand new Flowmaster high flow exhaust, sun roof, JVC stereo and Rockford Fosgate seperates speakers. If I picked a year truck and outfitted it to my liking, this is just about the way I'd have it to a "T". There's tiny little details I'll address, but this is pretty much the way I want it already. Yeah... I bought the truck during LUNCH! LOL! I absolutely love it.

Have a look. Not a great picture. Just something I snapped quick behind the shop. It's a 1997 GMC Sierra SLE...
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-10-2007 at 10:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Oh you REDNECK wanna BE! Where's the rifle rack?

UNITED STATES ARMY AVIATION

Above the Best

Why the Hell should I have to press “1” for ENGLISH?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P View Post
    Oh you REDNECK wanna BE! Where's the rifle rack?

Hey, my truck is now the color of my neck

It's an extended cab Mr. P. No more need for a rifle rack.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

AWESOME! I consistantly pressure mary to get her truck lifted...and 4.11 rear-end gears...and full exhaust....and intake...maybe supercharger....lol

Great-looking truck! Get it muddy, then take pics!
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    AWESOME! I consistantly pressure mary to get her truck lifted...and 4.11 rear-end gears...and full exhaust....and intake...maybe supercharger....lol

Great-looking truck! Get it muddy, then take pics!
    GET IT MUDDY...

Yeah this is four wheelin' country around here. We've got the world famous Rubicon right up here by south Lake Tahoe, and I work with a few 4 wheeler fanatics. They've already been all over me to take it up P-vine and where ever. I'll see how bad I want to abuse this truck. I'd rather buy a CJ-5 and make a REAL 4 wheeler out of it, with a fuel injected 350, 5.56:1 crawler gears, lockers, the works, and not care if I scratch it or break it. I "DO" want to keep this truck looking nice and driving nice, since it is my everyday driver.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 02-11-2007 at 12:14 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

That's a 1997 truck?!?! It looks brand new. If you lived in New York, that truck would be half rusted by now. They put so much salt on the roads here during the winter that it just eats up cars and trucks as well as bridges and highways.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    That's a 1997 truck?!?! It looks brand new. If you lived in New York, that truck would be half rusted by now. They put so much salt on the roads here during the winter that it just eats up cars and trucks as well as bridges and highways.
    Not to mention the joy of potholes.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jillian View Post
    Not to mention the joy of potholes.
    Yes, potholes, how could I forget those? I think one locality had an "adopt a pothole" program.... why they couldn't pay for road repairs I can't say.
    How do you tell a Communist? Well, it's someone who reads Marx and Lenin. And how do you tell an anti-Communist? It's someone who understands Marx and Lenin. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KarlMarx View Post
    They don't use salt in Nevada. They use sand when they need it. NOTHING out here rusts. You can find all the old cars and trucks you want around these parts without a speck of rust on them, as my truck is.

I grew up in Wisconsin, and they salt back there too. I never had one vehicle that was over ten years old that wasn't a rust bucket. Bought this old brute for four hundred bucks. Ran and drove like a million, but was totally rusted. I put the new bed on it and was going to do a cab too, but a young guy came along and fell in love with it, so I sold it to him for $1,400. Nice little profit. I'm glad they don't salt here in Nevada. For the most part, we don't need it. It doesn't snow enough here to warrant it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Congrats Pale, awsome truck.

It looks like it would do fine on the Rubicon, been up there half a dozen times in the "Ghost" my '78 F250 4x4.

Knocked the rear diff cover off the last time my brother and me went up. No worries, filled it with two-stroke mix, and that got us back to US50 and Pollock pines.

Have fun.............
    If ya can't prove it, don't say it.
    Bikes, babes, and beer, it don't get no better than that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    Congrats Pale, awsome truck.

It looks like it would do fine on the Rubicon, been up there half a dozen times in the "Ghost" my '78 F250 4x4.

Knocked the rear diff cover off the last time my brother and me went up. No worries, filled it with two-stroke mix, and that got us back to US50 and Pollock pines.

Have fun.............
    Yeah they have a "stock truck" trail up at the Rubicon, but the other trail, the red truck doesn't have the turning radius or the gearing, or the lift to do that one. I have been toying with the idea of building a Jeep, which is what they reccommend for the Rubi. A fuel injected engine, because it won't have a fuel delivery problem at severe angles, something like a foot lift, ton axles with five something ratio, lockers, and forty inch or better tires with bead locks. That'll get you through it...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Yeah they have a "stock truck" trail up at the Rubicon, but the other trail, the red truck doesn't have the turning radius or the gearing, or the lift to do that one. I have been toying with the idea of building a Jeep, which is what they reccommend for the Rubi. A fuel injected engine, because it won't have a fuel delivery problem at severe angles, something like a foot lift, ton axles with five something ratio, lockers, and forty inch or better tires with bead locks. That'll get you through it...
    We stayed at the campgrounds on the Rubicon, right where the trail starts to get real serious. Sounds like thats where you would need that "dream" Jeep of yours.

Saw some awesome Jeeps go through there, but also saw some sweet older Toyota Landcruiser's, and Landrovers.

The trail gets so bad, you HAVE to use a winch, that separates the men from the boys.

Yea, goin to have to go back one of these days, don't have any "real" mountains in Arkansas.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I'd like to do the Rubi in a Suzuki Samauri....Seriously. They can be EXCELLENT off-road machines.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    I'd like to do the Rubi in a Suzuki Samauri....Seriously. They can be EXCELLENT off-road machines.
    That would be a great machine.

If ya got into any difficultly you could just pick it up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trobinett View Post
    We stayed at the campgrounds on the Rubicon, right where the trail starts to get real serious. Sounds like thats where you would need that "dream" Jeep of yours.

Saw some awesome Jeeps go through there, but also saw some sweet older Toyota Landcruiser's, and Landrovers.

The trail gets so bad, you HAVE to use a winch, that separates the men from the boys.

Yea, goin to have to go back one of these days, don't have any "real" mountains in Arkansas.
    Is that the campground up there by the lake? (Not Tahoe, another smaller lake on the trail.) I hear you can HIKE up to that. I'd take the red truck that far.

And YES, I forgot to mention the WINCH!!!