View Poll Results: Who won last nights debate?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guiliani

1 5.56%
  • McCain

1 5.56%
  • Romney

2 11.11%
  • Thompson

2 11.11%
  • Huckabee

2 11.11%
  • Hunter

0 0%
  • Tancredo

0 0%
  • Paul

1 5.56%
  • No one

1 5.56%
  • Didn't watch it.

8 44.44%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default who won last nights debate?

And why?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

I went with Huckabee.....

Thompson looked so freakin OLD!.....I remember when Nixon lost points in a debate because he had 5 o'clock shadow.....Thompson would have looked better if he had some 5 o'clock shadow to cover up everything else.....

Paul came off as a shrill, hysterical old woman.....reminded me of the wicked witch of the west in the original Oz movie.....

the rest had their share of stumbling over their notes and trying to remember what they believed.....
    ...full immersion.....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I actually THINK Mccain won....based on some of his answers, like the way he said he could not promise NOT to raise taxes like Tommy Thompson said because of a possible national Emergency that could happen.

And I also believe he whipped Romney's butt when it came to Waterboarding as torture and it being against the Law....Romney was tap dancing and mccain was direct, firm, and clear on the issue.

I also thought the way McCain said that he would not need a vp, to make any decisions on Foreign policy was another highlight of the Debate.

I liked Huckabee and duncan hunter also.

I did not think that Rudy came off strong at all, and nor did Romney, who was just a pretty face imo.

Ron Paul, although I see how some say he came off as a screamer or schreecher.... I do believe he had some very good points that are always avoided by the rest of the crew, other than mccain, like not raising taxes, MUST be connected with reducing the spending, and how we have gotten in to the mess we are in with overspending, because some project or program, like the space program, is always someones favored project.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Sorry bout that,

1. I liked the way Thompson did last night.
    2. Seemed to be right on target with his answers.
    3. Huckabee came in a close second, with Romney taking third, a few lengths back.
    4. Looking as thou its turning into a *THREE MAN HORSE RACE*.

Regards,
    SirJamesofTexas
    "At Times We Cry, At Time We Fly" ~CWN
    "See You Down The Road Man" ~ CWN

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I thought Romney won. He looked prepared, answered all his questions straight away without stumbling or stammering AND gave the RIGHT answers, especially when he told Huckabee, pertaining to Huckabee wanting to pay for illegal aliens schooling at tax payers expense, "it's not your money to give away like that, it's the people's," to which he got a loud round of applause.

Thompson looked very old and haggard. Giuliani is a pathetic broken record. EVERY SINGLE ANSWER HE GAVE WAS New York, New York, New York. OK Rudy, we get it, you can SHUT UP now... sshhhheeeezzzzuuzz. I still like Tancredo, but was surprised when he said he wouldn't fund NASA, that put a chink in his armor as far as I'm concerned, and I still like Duncan Hunter. McCain, someone please tell him to go home. He's too liberal for this field of conservatives, but came off last night as bitter and mean, irritated with everyone else. Paul... he's just too whiny. I don't care what his positions are, he's just too damn whiny to be President.
    Last edited by Pale Rider; 11-29-2007 at 12:50 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Romney believes Jesus appeared to the Native Americans and that whites originally lived in North America.
    Huckabee believes in Biblical inerrancy.

Both of these guys are kook nut-jobs.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    Romney believes Jesus appeared to the Native Americans and that whites originally lived in North America.
    Prove it please.

No, he doesn't. He said he believes whats written in the Bible is the word of God, but that those words can be open to interpretation and can mean something different to each person. He went on to say that parts of the Bible are allegorical.

Why do you have to lie like that Hag?

These guys are both decent men. Better than any liberal POS running for President ten fold.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Though he is not my ideal candidate, I thought Giuliani sounded like a real leader, and he had a lot of accomplishments to cite.

I missed the beginning, but it seemed to me that Hunter wasn't given much air time, darn it.

Romney did well, also.

Line of the night was, (I think) from Huckabee about WWJD re: the death penalty. His answer was, Jesus would be smart enough not to run for office. :>)
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    Prove it please.

No, he doesn't. He said he believes whats written in the Bible is the word of God, but that those words can be open to interpretation and can mean something different to each person. He went on to say that parts of the Bible are allegorical.

Why do you have to lie like that Hag?

These guys are both decent men. Better than any liberal POS running for President ten fold.
    1. That's what mormons believe. http://www.wikiality.com/Mormon

2. Early Life, 10th line. He seems to have changed his tune for the campaign probably because he know's how insane his pov is. http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9...andpityrr5.jpg
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 11-29-2007 at 01:27 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

1. That's what mormons believe. http://www.wikiality.com/Mormon

2. Early Life, 10th line. He seems to have changed his tune for the campaign probably because he know's how insane his pov is. http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/9...andpityrr5.jpg
    I don't care what the Mormons believe.

I believe Tancredo doesn't stand a chance in hell, and Hunter probably doesn't either. But Romney does, and I will vote for him, and he will beat any dem challenger.

Better get used to him. He's probably going to be the next President of the United States.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Both of these guys are kook nut-jobs.
    I think both of them have a much firmer stance on reality than you do sometimes.

And "whites" did live in North America at one point. There have been a number of pre columbian discoverys where skeleton remains appear more european. I am not saying they are seriously widespread. But it seems ridiculous to make absolute statements of what is impossible to have happened for a time period we have absolutely little to know historical records from and what few information we have is highly interpreted.

As far as the faith aspect, there is nothing wrong with faith. Its a good thing.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I think both of them have a much firmer stance on reality than you do sometimes.

And "whites" did live in North America at one point. There have been a number of pre columbian discoverys where skeleton remains appear more european. I am not saying they are seriously widespread. But it seems ridiculous to make absolute statements of what is impossible to have happened for a time period we have absolutely little to know historical records from and what few information we have is highly interpreted.

As far as the faith aspect, there is nothing wrong with faith. Its a good thing.
    If you're talking about the short-lived Viking settlements in what is now New Foundland, Canada, I'm way ahead of you. No, Mormon lore states that whites, as well as numerous animal species not native to North America lived together in North America before Europeans discovered it and that Jesus appeared to them and gave them what is now the Book of Mormon, which Joseph Smith found after he talked with angels who told him where to look. He used a magical "seer" stone to translate the golden tablets he found, which he put in a hat together and recited to a friend of his, who wrote down what he said. That's what Mitt Romney believes.http://www.14lds.com/mormon.htm

As for Huckabee, World History class is not for him. If you want to know the real story, you need only open your Bible.
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 11-29-2007 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As i said in the other thread my assessment was as follows:

I thought Romney came off strong.

I thought Thompson and Guiliani were dodging questions. Thompson particularly didnt appear to have any enthusiasm for what he said. I was disappointed with the add they showed of him which didnt give me any reason to vote for him, just tried to take his opponents down.

Guiliani dodged a number of issues. particular the gun ones. and I know he has a stellar record in NY but i am really tired of hearing about it every time he has a question he doesnt want to answer. and can we get a debate where we dont talk about the Yankees?

Tancredo came off positive to me.

Hunter seemed a bit odd.. i cant really explain it well though.

Paul was Paul.

Huckabee was nailed on the immigration issue. and i dont deny that he is a charasmatic man but he just seemed to care more about joking around than answering the question and defending his record.

McCain was still trying to convince people that his bill wasnt amnesty. i think his best exchange was with Ron Paul. And personally i wouldnt even be seeking to put myself on Paul's level.

So it seems to me Romney was on target all night. He easily defended the attacks on him. He was on point when asked questions. And he has substance to his answers.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If you're talking about the Viking settlements in what is now New Foundland, Canada, I'm way ahead of you. No, Mormon lore states that whites, as well as numerous animal species not native to North America lived together in North America before Europeans discovered it and that Jesus appeared to them and gave them what is now the Book of Mormon, which Joseph Smith found after he talked with angels who told him where to look. He used a magical "seer" stone to translate the golden tablets he found, which he put in a hat together and recited to a friend of his, who wrote down what he said. That's what Mitt Romney believes.
    I'm far more relieved and happy that he at least believes in something, instead of believing in nothing at all as atheists do. Now THAT is funny...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    As i said in the other thread my assessment was as follows:

I thought Romney came off strong.

So it seems to me Romney was on target all night. He easily defended the attacks on him. He was on point when asked questions. And he has substance to his answers.
    ITA. Romney looked damn good last night. Heads above anyone else.