Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    I would love more of this:

Sorry Abbey - just living my fantasy...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmp View Post
    Sorry Abbey - just living my fantasy...
    Your pic isn't showing up for me.

Edited to add: Oh, there it is!
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

...and I'm seriously, physically and emotionally depressed because we DON'T get snow.
    I think you may need professional help! It's not even winter dude until Dec. 21s.... relax... geez...

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Geez, some of you are real grinches about snow.

I love snow, course I'd love it more if it stayed off the roads, but hey, nothings perfect.

I've lived in Florida and Louisiana - way to hot and the humidity will kill ya, and then there are the bugs, we won't even talk about those nasty things. Give me snow any day. Especially if it's deep enough to take the kids sledding and packing well enough for snow forts.

The only season I don't like is Spring because all it does is rain around here that time of year.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    Geez, some of you are real grinches about snow.

I love snow, course I'd love it more if it stayed off the roads, but hey, nothings perfect.

I've lived in Florida and Louisiana - way to hot and the humidity will kill ya, and then there are the bugs, we won't even talk about those nasty things. Give me snow any day. Especially if it's deep enough to take the kids sledding and packing well enough for snow forts.

The only season I don't like is Spring because all it does is rain around here that time of year.
    We need to build heated roads. Of course then homeless people would sleep in the roads and that would cause all sorts of problems. For car alignments that is

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Cp View Post
    I think you may need professional help! It's not even winter dude until Dec. 21s.... relax... geez...
    we don't get snow in winter.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Snow on the roads is just about the best part!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

seattle times says you are supposed to get some this weekend... hope they are right

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yurt View Post
    seattle times says you are supposed to get some this weekend... hope they are right
    Yeah - but it's a 'dusting' warning, mostly.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Yeah - but it's a 'dusting' warning, mostly.
    You get dusting warnings???????

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

You don't even know the half of it!

< interrupting my favourite show >

"BREAKING NEWS! KOMO-TV Asian reporter Trisha Takanawa is on the scene with what appears to be 'SNOW!'

< cue Trisha >

"...That's right Diane and Tom - I am standing on the side of the freeway beside what appears to be SEVERAL snow flakes resting on a Jersey barrier. "

< cut to man-on-the-street feed >

"I wuz just sittin heer and alluva sudden down they floated. Yup - like colder, softer rain drops!"

< cue Trisha >
    "Drivers in the area have already started to abandon their vehicles on the side of the freeway. "

< cut to man-on-the-street-#2 feed >
    "...I saw them flakes fallin, and just sorta slammed on my brakes. Ain't NO WAY it's safe to drive around SNOW! The government SHOULD HAVE KNOWN and given us all free helicopter rides to work!"

< cue Trisha > "As you can see, BLIZZARD 2007 is well underway. People are panicing. Seattle Mayor Greg Nichkillssanta has just issued a state of emergency, authorizing doubling of house-hold property taxes to pay for the damage caused by the SEVERE weather...back to you in the studio."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

You don't even know the half of it!

<interupting my favourite show>

"BREAKING NEWS! KOMO-TV Asian reporter Trisha Takanawa is on the scene with what appears to be 'SNOW!'

< cue Trisha >

"...That's right Diane and Tom - I am standing on the side of the freeway beside what appears to be SEVERAL snow flakes resting on a Jersey barrier. "

< cut to man-on-the-street feed >

"I wuz just sittin heer and alluva sudden down they floated. Yup - like colder, softer rain drops!"

< cue Trisha >
    "Drivers in the area have already started to abandon their vehicles on the side of the freeway. "

< cut to man-on-the-street-#2 feed >
    "...I saw them flakes fallin, and just sorta slammed on my brakes. Ain't NO WAY it's safe to drive around SNOW! The government SHOULD HAVE KNOWN and given us all free helicopter rides to work!"

< cue Trisha > "As you can see, BLIZZARD 2007 is well underway. People are panicing. Seattle Mayor Greg Nichkillssanta has just issued a state of emergency, authorizing doubling of house-hold property taxes to pay for the damage caused by the SEVERE weather...back to you in the studio."

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Trigg View Post
    You get dusting warnings???????
    They will CLOSE school down here if 1 flake falls!!

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

My daughter's school closed one year because of...a....WARNING OF COLD WEATHER. Was goin to get down into the 10's, F.

They were worried there may be SOME chances of black ice, IIRC.

No crap. :-/