Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

How do you figure, Abbey?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    If you have a comment on the article, please feel free to make it. But derailing thread after thread with personal insults is not going to happen.
    I have not derailed by any stretch this thread or any other that I know of. In fact, the way I see it, my contributions have given this particular thread far more attention than it deserved on it's own premise.

If you have a problem please contact me and I will try my best to work it out with you.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You don't read much, do you, Hawk?

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    I think you've fallen off your rocker, again. Where am I trying to "diminish" your service? First of all I don't even know that you ever served this country. Sorry if I can't extend you the courtesy of believing you, but when you post lies on a continual basis you're not going to earn my trust.

Oh, as if YOU don't attempt to discredit people for political reasons. Seems kind of hypocritical to accuse me of all these things, especially when most all of your posts are spent trying to discredit Bush, who is a veteran himself. So tell us PB, when you attack Bush, are you also trying to diminish the service of any Veteran you might disagree with?

Don't even try to put words in my mouth, you idiot, and stick your neg reps up your butt!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one thing that gunny and I agree on. Neg reps are for children and the otherwise ignorant.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post
    How do you figure, Abbey?

I have not derailed by any stretch this thread or any other that I know of. In fact, the way I see it, my contributions have given this particular thread far more attention than it deserved on it's own premise.

If you have a problem please contact me and I will try my best to work it out with you.
    The problem has alreayd been stated. There is no need to expound in PM's. Just stop derailing all these threads with personal insults and you will be fine.
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Don't even try to put words in my mouth, you idiot, and stick your neg reps up your butt!!!!!!!!!!!! That is one thing that gunny and I agree on. Neg reps are for children and the otherwise ignorant.
    You're the one that tried to put words in my mouth, moron.
    Can't help it if you come off looking like a hypocrit when you are exposed.
    PRAIRIE FIRE by William Ayers: Obama's guide to destory America
    "Maybe I missed that part of the Constitution"--Joe Steel
    You can't spell Liberals without Lies.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

There's more:
    http://jdpendry.com/2006/09/04/on-your-hands/

"No Commander in Chief, you don’t get off the hook either. Our country has two enemies. Those who want to destroy us from the outside and those who attempt it from within. Your Soldiers are dealing with the outside force. It’s your obligation to support them by confronting the axis of idiots. America must hear it from you that these people are harming our country, abetting the enemy and endangering our safety. Well up a little anger please, and channel it toward the appropriate target. You must prosecute those who leak national security secrets to the media. You must prosecute those in the media who knowingly publish those secrets. Our Soldiers need you to confront the enemy that they cannot.

They need you to do it now."

Copyright © J.D. Pendry 2006

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So basically anyone who's anti war or is a Democrat is to blame for the Iraq war and 9/11 and is unpatriotic. Got it
    Last edited by Hagbard Celine; 12-05-2007 at 05:58 PM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hagbard Celine View Post
    So basically anyone who's anti war or is a Democrat is to blame for the Iraq war and 9/11 and is unpatriotic. Got it
    Your partly right. 9/11 was clintons fault for not taking more and stronger action during his term. And iraq has gone on a lot longer than it needed too because of libs and the media showing the enemy we are divided and encouraging them to continue fighting with promises of running away.
    When I die I'm sure to go to heaven, cause I spent my time in hell.

You get more with a kind word and a two by four, than you do with just a kind word.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am surprised, (not really), that the unamerican pompous ass writer of this garbage didn't put the republican beloved Reagan in to his axis of idiots after the Lebanon bombing killing 241 American Marines and soldiers and the tail wagging retreat of Reagan's?

This is how one knows to disregard this kind of partisan dribble imo!

Death toll
    Rescue efforts continued for days. While the rescuers were at times hindered by sniper fire, some survivors were pulled from the rubble and airlifted to the RAF hospital in Cyprus or to U.S. and German hospitals in West Germany [4]

In the attack on the American barracks, the death toll was 241 American servicemen: 220 Marines, 18 Navy personnel and 3 Army soldiers. Sixty Americans were injured. In the attack on the French barracks, 58 paratroopers were killed and 15 injured, in the single worst military loss for the French since the end of the Algerian war.[5] In addition, the elderly Lebanese custodian of the Marines' building was killed in the first blast.[4] The wife and four children of a Lebanese janitor at the French building also were killed.[6]

This was the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States Marine Corps since the Battle of Iwo Jima (2,500 in one day) of World War II and the deadliest single-day death toll for the United States military since the 243 killed on 31st January 1968 — the first day of the Tet offensive in the Vietnam war. The attack remains the deadliest single attack on Americans overseas since World War II. [7]

[edit] Response
    President Ronald Reagan called the attack a "despicable act" and pledged to keep a military force in Lebanon. Secretary of Defense Caspar Weinberger said there would be no change in the U.S.'s Lebanon policy. On October 24 French President François Mitterrand visited the French bomb site. It was not an official visit, and he only stayed for a few hours, but he did declare: "We will stay." U.S. Vice President George Bush toured the Marine bombing site on October 26 and said the U.S. "would not be cowed by terrorists."

In retaliation for the attacks, France launched an air strike in the Beqaa Valley against Iranian Revolutionary Guard positions. President Reagan assembled his national security team and planned to target the Sheik Abdullah barracks in Baalbek, Lebanon, which housed Iranian Revolutionary Guards believed to be training Hezbollah fighters.[8] But Defense Secretary Caspar Weinberger aborted the mission, reportedly because of his concerns that it would harm U.S. relations with other Arab nations.

Besides a few shellings, there was no serious retaliation for the Beirut bombing from the Americans. In December 1983, U.S. aircraft attacked Syrian targets in Lebanon, but this was in response to Syrian missile attacks on planes, not the barracks bombing.

In the meantime, the attack gave a boost to the growth of the new radical pro-Iranian Shi'ite organization Hezbollah. Hezbollah denied involvement in the attacks but was seen by Lebanese as involved nonetheless as it praised the "two martyr mujahidin" who "set out to inflict upon the U.S. Administration an utter defeat not experienced since Vietnam ..." [9] Hezbollah was now seen by many as "the spearhead of the sacred Muslim struggle against foreign occupation".

Amal militia leader Nabih Berri, who had previously supported U.S. mediation efforts, asked the U.S. and France to leave Lebanon and accused the U.S. and France of seeking to commit 'massacres' against the Lebanese and creating a 'climate of racism' against the Shia." [10] Islamic Jihad phoned in new threats against the MNF "pledging that 'the earth would tremble' unless the MNF withdrew by new years day of 1984.[11]

The Marines were moved offshore where they could not be targeted. On February 7, 1984, President Reagan ordered the Marines to begin withdrawal from Lebanon. This was completed on February 26; the rest of the MNF was withdrawn by April.
    link to the rest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Be...rracks_bombing

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As you have not pm'ed me and I have not pm'ed you, what are you trying to say, abbey?

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    The problem has alreayd been stated. There is no need to expound in PM's. Just stop derailing all these threads with personal insults and you will be fine.
    The problem is that many, you and others like you, take the bullshit so indicated in the original post in this thread so seriously. I think that is the general consensus of the problem as stated.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

As always, hawk, you lie to cover your own ignorance.

Quote Originally Posted by theHawk View Post
    You're the one that tried to put words in my mouth, moron.
    Can't help it if you come off looking like a hypocrit when you are exposed.
    I am no hypocrit and you expose yourself as the liar that you are.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am certain that the United States Marines remember that their largest single day loss since WWII occurred during the watch of R.Reagan and it has never been avenged or very much considered.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    I am surprised, (not really), that the unamerican pompous ass writer of this garbage didn't put the republican beloved Reagan in to his axis of idiots after the Lebanon bombing killing 241 American Marines and soldiers and the tail wagging retreat of Reagan's?

This is how one knows to disregard this kind of partisan dribble imo!

link to the rest: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_Be...rracks_bombing
    Somehow, I am not surprised. Maybe I've been around the block too many times?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

we need more men like that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)

As you have not pm'ed me and I have not pm'ed you, what are you trying to say, abbey?

The problem is that many, you and others like you, take the bullshit so indicated in the original post in this thread so seriously. I think that is the general consensus of the problem as stated.
    I was answering your request that I PM you. Now, how did that confuse you, Psycho?
    After the game, the king and the pawn go into the same box - Author unknown

“Unfortunately, the truth is now whatever the media say it is”
    -Abbey

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I have always thought the term "Axis of Idiots" referred to the Bush administration.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I spose axis of idiots could pretty much be applied to quite a few..

I could name a few....but I'll be nice..
    "A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself."
    Tullius Cicero (106-43 BC)