Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    It's irrelevant--they weren't vehemently opposed to it.

I suggest that if there were no insinuations and resultant beliefs that Saddam had a role in 9/11 or had WMD's that could further hurt our nation, that they would have been.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

pure conjecture and it's too late anyway. Get over it.
    get over it? so now you are telling me what I can and cannot post on an internet message board? who the fuck died and appointed you hall monitor?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by manfrommaine View Post
    I suggest that if there were no insinuations and resultant beliefs that Saddam had a role in 9/11 or had WMD's that could further hurt our nation, that they would have been.
    I suggest that politicians were too worried about keeping their jobs than doing what was right in their minds.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I said nothing about world support. I am merely pointing out that, without Americans believing that Saddam had a role in 9/11 and weaponry capable of doing us even further harm, America would not have supported the president's plan to invade, conquer and occupy Iraq.
    Nonsense! Most of the free world knew that Iraq would never come into compliance with the resolutions, I mean I know you think diplomacy was truly working 13 years later and all but others believed it had failed long ago.

So essentially you know without the "fixed" intelligence it's a war that would of never happened? And again the need for such trickery? this is the oil cause, the payback for daddy Bush, the need to capture Saddam, kill him, and then rub it in the worlds face that he had nothing better to do? God the need for such arguments get sickening after awhile.

Fact is the removal of Saddam was inevitable, thing is it took place during the Bush administration so there is a huge need to call everything about it wrong.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

get over it? so now you are telling me what I can and cannot post on an internet message board? who the fuck died and appointed you hall monitor?
    The phrase "get over it" is in no way an encouragement for you to stop posting.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Evil View Post
    Nonsense! Most of the free world knew that Iraq would never come into compliance with the resolutions, I mean I know you think diplomacy was truly working 13 years later and all but others believed it had failed long ago.

So essentially you know without the "fixed" intelligence it's a war that would of never happened? And again the need for such trickery? this is the oil cause, the payback for daddy Bush, the need to capture Saddam, kill him, and then rub it in the worlds face that he had nothing better to do? God the need for such arguments get sickening after awhile.

Fact is the removal of Saddam was inevitable, thing is it took place during the Bush administration so there is a huge need to call everything about it wrong.
    one would think, that if the 9/11 connection and the WMD issue were NOT a big deal to the American people, that, even after it became clear that Saddam had not arsenal of WMD's and that he clearly had nothing to do with 9/11, that American support for the war would have remained as high as it was when congress voted on the use of force resolution, eh?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I suggest that politicians were too worried about keeping their jobs than doing what was right in their minds.
    no doubt. and the public opinion polls showed led many democrats to vote for the resolution - mere weeks before the midterm - in order to keep their seats. They are all on my shit list.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

no doubt. and the public opinion polls showed led many democrats to vote for the resolution - mere weeks before the midterm - in order to keep their seats. They are all on my shit list.
    Well direct your anger appropriately then or someone might accuse you of blindly focusing all the blame for this war on one person.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Well direct your anger appropriately then or someone might accuse you of blindly focusing all the blame for this war on one person.
    accuse me of whatever the fuck you want to.

Karl Rove was brilliant in the way he painted democrats into a corner and made the vote about patriotism. If TeamBush had led American instead of misleading America, we wouldn't be in this mess, IMHO.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

one would think, that if the 9/11 connection and the WMD issue were NOT a big deal to the American people, that, even after it became clear that Saddam had not arsenal of WMD's and that he clearly had nothing to do with 9/11, that American support for the war would have remained as high as it was when congress voted on the use of force resolution, eh?
    Ok dingaling, So now you acknowledge congress agreed on the use of force, and yeah I know, they were all in Bush's pocket but who are we "fixing" intel for, our own people, the rest of the world, both? So again, you know for a fact how it would of panned out without the "fixed" intel? I mean so far we need world support, but then we needs congressional approval without "fixed" intel, and ultimately we need the approval of one manfrommaine.

Damn you drive a hard bargain, I think the next president elect better seek the maine approval before doing anything unilaterally, anything that does'nt win congressional approval, and of course garner worldly support so we all come out looking good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

accuse me of whatever the fuck you want to.

Karl Rove was brilliant in the way he painted democrats into a corner and made the vote about patriotism. If TeamBush had led American instead of misleading America, we wouldn't be in this mess, IMHO.
    And you claim Bush and his buddies aint got no smarts. LOL

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And you claim Bush and his buddies aint got no smarts. LOL
    I have never claimed that Team Bush was made up of less than intelligent folks. I have claimed that, in my opinion, Goerge Bush is an incurious, dullard who is not very smart. I have claimed that, in my opinion, his admistration is characterized by arrogance and, when it comes to the nuances of the Islamic world, seemingly willful ignorance.... as if understanding the region was really not all that important for them to press their neocon agenda... as if they thought that all of the islamic world was really made up of inferior brown skinned raghead and understanding them was a waste of time.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have never claimed that Team Bush was made up of less than intelligent folks. I have claimed that, in my opinion, Goerge Bush is an incurious, dullard who is not very smart. I have claimed that, in my opinion, his admistration is characterized by arrogance and, when it comes to the nuances of the Islamic world, seemingly willful ignorance.... as if understanding the region was really not all that important for them to press their neocon agenda... as if they thought that all of the islamic world was really made up of inferior brown skinned raghead and understanding them was a waste of time.
    He ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He just happened to be president when 9/11 was inflicted on America. He was fortunate to have some minds around him that tricked the shit out of the democrats. You know--the ones who were so ready to screw him to the wall after poor BJ Bill got taken to task ? Damn--that sure "blew up" in their faces, didn't it?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

He ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer. He just happened to be president when 9/11 was inflicted on America. He was fortunate to have some minds around him that tricked the shit out of the democrats. You know--the ones who were so ready to screw him to the wall after poor BJ Bill got taken to task ? Damn--that sure "blew up" in their faces, didn't it?

that doesn't change the fact that their arrogant and seemingly willful ignorance of the Islamic world has significantly degraded our standing in the middle east and therefore decreased our security.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

that doesn't change the fact that their arrogant and seemingly willful ignorance of the Islamic world has significantly degraded our standing in the middle east and therefore decreased our security.
    oh ya---the Islamic world really loved us before George came along