Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default CIA Destroys/Hides Evidence Of Wrongdoing - Harman Warns against - Merged

How can it be more clear?

WASHINGTON - The CIA videotaped its interrogations of two top terrorism suspects in 2002 and destroyed the tapes three years later out of fear they would leak to the public and compromise the identities of U.S. questioners, the director of the agency told employees Thursday.

Officials told NBC News' Robert Windrem that one of the videos included the waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah, the leader in charge of al-Qaida's training camps.

The disclosure that tapes were destroyed brought immediate condemnation from Capitol Hill and from a human rights group, which said the spy agency’s action amounted to criminal destruction of evidence.

More: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22139312

Just how is all this destruction of factual documentation and evidence of practises approved by the United States Of America government in any way in keeping with the values of the general citizenry of the United States Of America?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychoblues View Post

WASHINGTON - The CIA videotaped its interrogations of two top terrorism suspects in 2002 and destroyed the tapes three years later out of fear they would leak to the public and compromise the identities of U.S. questioners, the director of the agency told employees Thursday.

Officials told NBC News' Robert Windrem that one of the videos included the waterboarding of Abu Zubaydah, the leader in charge of al-Qaida's training camps.

The disclosure that tapes were destroyed brought immediate condemnation from Capitol Hill and from a human rights group, which said the spy agency’s action amounted to criminal destruction of evidence.

Just how is all this destruction of factual documentation and evidence of practises approved by the United States Of America government in any way in keeping with the values of the general citizenry of the United States Of America?
    It isn't, in my opinion, any kind of "a value trait" of the USA citizenry at all, AND should NOT be tollerated.

I am sick and tired of the "lawlessness" of our leaders and agencies and those that we pay with out tax dollars. Being above the Law, is unacceptable and something HAS TO BE DONE to stop this kind of crud.

The repubs and dems don't have the fortitude to do anything about these lawless things and that is wrong imo.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

{sarcasm on}

I'm sure this was only done for the safety of the interrogators. I am convinced that there was no intention to destory evidence or to hide improprieties.

{Sarcasm off}

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The CIA destroyed tapes----stating that they destoyed "evidence of wrongdoing" is pure conjecture.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilloduck View Post
    The CIA destroyed tapes----stating that they destoyed "evidence of wrongdoing" is pure conjecture.
    No doubt, but trusting everything a politician says is foolhardy. Sure, there is no proof that they destroyed evidence of wrongdoing, but to believe they only did this for the safety of the agents is... well... foolhardy.

Immie
    For it is by Grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not of yourselves, it is the gift of God -- not by works, so that no one can boast. Eph 2:8-9

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Immanuel View Post
    No doubt, but trusting everything a politician says is foolhardy. Sure, there is no proof that they destroyed evidence of wrongdoing, but to believe they only did this for the safety of the agents is... well... foolhardy.

Immie
    Foolhardy?--So is trusting PSYCHOs' assessment of what "REALLY" happened and the motives of those who did it. This is another classic way of distorting the truth by using conjecture as a fact.
    Last edited by Dilloduck; 12-07-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Foolhardy?--So is trusting Bullys' assessment of what "REALLY" happened and the motives of those who did it. This is another classic way of distorting the truth by using conjecture as a fact.
    Bullys assessment? Who is Bully in your statement?

I didn't trust anyone's assessment in this. My first thought when I heard about this last night was that there was something fishy about this. Call me a cynic, but I have completely lost trust in the men and women who "serve" this country as politicians. Maybe someday they can regain my trust, but for now everything they say is highly suspect to me.

I realize the announcement is about the CIA and technically not a political announcement, but this will all eventually point at the political heads of our government.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bullys assessment? Who is Bully in your statement?

I didn't trust anyone's assessment in this. My first thought when I heard about this last night was that there was something fishy about this. Call me a cynic, but I have completely lost trust in the men and women who "serve" this country as politicians. Maybe someday they can regain my trust, but for now everything they say is highly suspect to me.

I realize the announcement is about the CIA and technically not a political announcement, but this will all eventually point at the political heads of our government.

Immie

OOOPS--sorry bully---didn't get enough coffee in me yet to realize that it was PSYCHOS assessment that the CIA covered "wrongdoing". Of course it's fishy HOWEVER intentionally misleading everyone with about what the CIA did or didn't do only serves to further judge people prior to investigation.

I'll edit the names to protect the guilty--ty for the heads up.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

OOOPS--sorry bully---didn't get enough coffee in me yet to realize that it was PSYCHOS assessment that the CIA covered "wrongdoing". Of course it's fishy HOWEVER intentionally misleading everyone with about what the CIA did or didn't do only serves to further judge people prior to investigation.

I'll edit the names to protect the guilty--ty for the heads up.
    That is kind of what I was going over with TM yesterday regarding the rapist released by Gov. Huckabee. It looks fishy. No doubt about it, but there is no proof. I used the word speculation. You said conjecture. That is all it is speculation and/or conjecture. I think there is a coverup here, but that can't, at this point, be proven.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

And what might be your conjecture or speculation on why they destroyed these tapes? (Their office was cold and they needed to burn the tapes to heat it?)

Does one just sit back and not use any reasoning or logical speculation in situations like this and allow it to just "disappear from sight and mind" or "sweep it under the rug" because we don't know for certain or does one TRY to get to the bottom of it through investigations of such?

jd

Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)

I think you WANT a coverup. You and others WANT controversy. (shrug).

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    And what might be your conjecture or speculation on why they destroyed these tapes? (Their office was cold and they needed to burn the tapes to heat it?)

Does one just sit back and not use any reasoning or logical speculation in situations like this and allow it to just "disappear from sight and mind" or "sweep it under the rug" because we don't know for certain or does one TRY to get to the bottom of it through investigations of such?

jd

Wha? Do you HONESTLY THINK you are smarter than, say, the CIA guys who destroyed the tapes? Do you honestly think you know how to best protect our nation? Your arrogance refuses to allow you to give somebody ONE constitutionally-protected advantage...the Benefit of the Doubt.

It's because you HATE this president and everything associated with our government - because of the president. Your hatred and arrogance filters what you read, causing your snap, knee-jerk judgments of what did, or didn't happen. Get over yourself.
    “… the greatest detractor from high performance is fear: fear that you are not prepared, fear that you are in over your head, fear that you are not worthy, and ultimately, fear of failure. If you can eliminate that fear—not through arrogance or just wishing difficulties away, but through hard work and preparation—you will put yourself in an incredibly powerful position to take on the challenges you face" - Pete Carroll.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, my speculation is that they did this to hide their crimes and the crimes of their superiors. However, I don't have the facts and unlike you and TM, I do not believe that people should be convicted based upon speculation.

Immie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Of course the CIA destroys stuff to cover their own asses. Normally we get to hear about it on the history channel some 40 years later tho.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No, my speculation is that they did this to hide their crimes and the crimes of their superiors. However, I don't have the facts and unlike you and TM, I do not believe that people should be convicted based upon speculation.

Immie
    strawman....you are losing your mind.... I have never convicted anyone, even the one jury that I served on, I found the young man innocent!!!!

Try again, mr. sarcasm on/off! you need more 'ing lessons!!!

btw, did you read the full article? i presume NOT.

jd

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe View Post
    strawman....you are losing your mind.... I have never convicted anyone, even the one jury that I served on, I found the young man innocent!!!!

Try again, mr. sarcasm on/off! you need more 'ing lessons!!!

btw, did you read the full article? i presume NOT.

jd
    You don't have to be on a jury to convict someone. You have proven yourself to be biased against conservatives time and time again. In this case, since the individuals who have been accused of wrong doing are part of the Republican Administration you seem to find it "certain" that they are guilty, yet if this had been 10 years ago you would have sluffed it off.

Also, the man you let go, was probably some liberal snob like you that threatened a Republican. You have made it perfectly clear that you believe only Democrats and Liberals are saints. Anytime a Republican is accused, you are ready to send him to the gallows.

So, time for you to put your dancing shoes on.

As I said earlier, I believe this is a coverup, I didin't read the link, I heard the story on the news and I think there is something fishy about this. The difference between you and me is that I only think there is something fishy, you are convinced that you know everything and these guys ought to hang.

Immie