Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default Senator McCain promises to ‘get’ Bin Laden

DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, vowed Wednesday that if he were president he would “get” Osama bin Laden.

“As president of the United States I will get him,” McCain said. “I’ll bring bin Laden to justice, I promise you.”

The comments came during an event at an AmVets Hall in Iowa, a stop on the senator’s “No Surrender” tour across the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Referring to bin Laden’s ability to reach millions of potential followers through his videos, McCain said, “Do not underestimate the influence of Osama bin Laden. That’s why I say we have to get him.”

When asked who or what is to blame for the fact that bin Laden is still free, McCain cited a failure of U.S. intelligence capabilities and the Clinton administration’s failure to attack “when they knew where he was.”

“I’m sorry to tell you that our human intelligence capabilities are still very badly lacking,” he added.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...%99-bin-laden/

I think Senator McCain is the only person in this election that can keep this promise. He has the leadership and military command experience to carry this out. He is clearly the best candidate we have.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nevadamedic View Post
    DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) – Republican presidential candidate Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona, vowed Wednesday that if he were president he would “get” Osama bin Laden.

“As president of the United States I will get him,” McCain said. “I’ll bring bin Laden to justice, I promise you.”

The comments came during an event at an AmVets Hall in Iowa, a stop on the senator’s “No Surrender” tour across the early voting states of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina.

Referring to bin Laden’s ability to reach millions of potential followers through his videos, McCain said, “Do not underestimate the influence of Osama bin Laden. That’s why I say we have to get him.”

When asked who or what is to blame for the fact that bin Laden is still free, McCain cited a failure of U.S. intelligence capabilities and the Clinton administration’s failure to attack “when they knew where he was.”

“I’m sorry to tell you that our human intelligence capabilities are still very badly lacking,” he added.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...%99-bin-laden/

I think Senator McCain is the only person in this election that can keep this promise. He has the leadership and military command experience to carry this out. He is clearly the best candidate we have.
    First of all, while OBL is a huge target, the war on terror does not end with his capture.

Second of all, McCain has less of a chance of getting elected than I do. He signed his death warrant with campaign finance "reform" and made it worse by supporting amnesty.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Default .................

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    First of all, while OBL is a huge target, the war on terror does not end with his capture.

Second of all, McCain has less of a chance of getting elected than I do. He signed his death warrant with campaign finance "reform" and made it worse by supporting amnesty.
    I think he does have a chance but he has to use every trick in the book and also somehow hire Karl Rove.

If you attack the Clintons publically make sure all your friends know your not planning on commiting suicide ~ McCain 2008
    Happiness is Obama's picture on the back of a milk carton.