Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    I was unaware that catholics were against abstinence.

She was working at a gas station, what are the health risks of that? She said she quit the job to spend more time with her children, thing is she is still working when her children are at home.

She needs to set her priorities, sacrifice to better herself, and get to work.
    Abstain are you for real?

The stress of leaving her children fo long periods of time might count.

She is working, she is trying to provide, what is the problem here and how dare you and anyone else tell anyone how many children they are allowed, do you live in China?It seems to me the only problem you lot have is the number of children she has and if she didn't have so many minimum wage would be more than enough for her, you try living on it pal.I hope you never find yourself in a similar position as her, you are too clever for that.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am trying to prove my point by raising as many absurd assumptions as you lot on this topic, I am not surprised it has flown way above the radar.Seriously, I am beginning to lose heart here, one thing after another, if trampling over weakest in society becomes an olympic event we have an abundance of medal hopefuls here, shame.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roomy View Post

She is working, she is trying to provide, what is the problem here and how dare you and anyone else tell anyone how many children they are allowed, do you live in China?It seems to me the only problem you lot have is the number of children she has and if she didn't have so many minimum wage would be more than enough for her, you try living on it pal.I hope you never find yourself in a similar position as her, you are too clever for that.
    Yes, Im for real. I have years of experience doing so. I can promise you that i neither have any children legitimate or illegitimate. Im working hard and in a good position to do well for myself in this life. Fact is abstinence works every time its actually tried.

Hello?! She high paying job where she hardly saw her kids to take low paying job where she hardly sees her kids. obviously it wasnt seeing her kids that was the problem.

I refuse to live off minimum ways because I intend to qualify myself so i never have to. Should I ever have to, I will work my butt off to qualify myself for more money and not simply demand the government force my boss to give me more money.

Heck, she could get more than enough government assistance to put herself through college and take care of her kids. Why the heck should we make major policy changes that hurt small businesses and job growth into place for someone who refuses to actually do something to better herself? There is only so much that can be done for such people.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I am trying to prove my point by raising as many absurd assumptions as you lot on this topic, I am not surprised it has flown way above the radar.Seriously, I am beginning to lose heart here, one thing after another, if trampling over weakest in society becomes an olympic event we have an abundance of medal hopefuls here, shame.
    Well in order to do that we would ahve to raise aburd assumptions to begin with. We arent. We are more than happy to give her the help she needs. heck its already out there. But you cant help people who refuse to take advantage of what theyve already been given.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Nobody is telling anyone how many children they may or may not have. Just don't cry "victim" when you have more than you can provide for. Especially <b>5</b> more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avatar4321 View Post
    Yes, Im for real. I have years of experience doing so. I can promise you that i neither have any children legitimate or illegitimate. Im working hard and in a good position to do well for myself in this life. Fact is abstinence works every time its actually tried.

Hello?! She high paying job where she hardly saw her kids to take low paying job where she hardly sees her kids. obviously it wasnt seeing her kids that was the problem.

I refuse to live off minimum ways because I intend to qualify myself so i never have to. Should I ever have to, I will work my butt off to qualify myself for more money and not simply demand the government force my boss to give me more money.

Heck, she could get more than enough government assistance to put herself through college and take care of her kids. Why the heck should we make major policy changes that hurt small businesses and job growth into place for someone who refuses to actually do something to better herself? There is only so much that can be done for such people.
    Good for you and good luck to you, I hope you never have to eat those words.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    Nobody is telling anyone how many children they may or may not have. Just don't cry "victim" when you have more than you can provide for. Especially <b>5</b> more.
    I have four kids, do you think I have three too many?If so what do you suggest I do with the surplus?The funny thing is it is only ever too late when it is too late.I am in the fortunate position to be able to speak from both sides of the coin here.I try neverto look down on anyone, try it, it may do you good.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have four kids, do you think I have three too many?If so what do you suggest I do with the surplus?The funny thing is it is only ever too late when it is too late.I am in the fortunate position to be able to speak from both sides of the coin here.I try neverto look down on anyone, try it, it may do you good.
    If you were making $6.00 an hour, and trying to support those 4 kids on that, would you have 2 more? If so, you'd be an idiot, too.

Are you supporting your 4 children, or are you expecting everyone else to do it for you? If you're supporting them, more power to you - have more.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shattered View Post
    If you were making $6.00 an hour, and trying to support those 4 kids on that, would you have 2 more? If so, you'd be an idiot, too.

Are you supporting your 4 children, or are you expecting everyone else to do it for you? If you're supporting them, more power to you - have more.
    I found myself unemployed many years ago with four small children a wife and a mortgage, I am thankful that the welfare state in britain is more forgiving than that here.I worked my way out of the hole I found myself in, some are never quite so fortunate.If this lady was not working at all and failing to contribute anything toward the upkeep of her family I might(might) agree with you depending upon the circumstances, as it is she goes to work, what is your problem other than the amount of kids she has?

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Roomy, the whole point is that the article is written so that you'll feel sorry for someone who has six kids (who get free meals five days a week), four dogs, and has a live-in babysitter, yet won't get off her ass long enough to clean her house, apply for public assistance housing, get her child support adjusted correctly, or go to the supermarket instead of the convenience store to buy groceries so she can buy more food. I don't feel particularly sorry for her, since she's made the choices to put herself in this situation. I would certainly try to help her improve her lot in life, but given her choices so far, I don't know that she would accept it.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found myself unemployed many years ago with four small children a wife and a mortgage, I am thankful that the welfare state in britain is more forgiving than that here.I worked my way out of the hole I found myself in, some are never quite so fortunate.If this lady was not working at all and failing to contribute anything toward the upkeep of her family I might(might) agree with you depending upon the circumstances, as it is she goes to work, what is your problem other than the amount of kids she has?
    in the US being poor is a crime...
    Seriously though, all capitalist societies need the poor to function.Without them, the economy would go belly up....

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good for you and good luck to you, I hope you never have to eat those words.
    Roomy, if I ever do it will because of my own actions. I wouldnt expect the government to bail me out.

You see I like freedom. And you arent free if you have to depend on others to get the things you want.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5stringJeff View Post
    Roomy, the whole point is that the article is written so that you'll feel sorry for someone who has six kids (who get free meals five days a week), four dogs, and has a live-in babysitter, yet won't get off her ass long enough to clean her house, apply for public assistance housing, get her child support adjusted correctly, or go to the supermarket instead of the convenience store to buy groceries so she can buy more food. I don't feel particularly sorry for her, since she's made the choices to put herself in this situation. I would certainly try to help her improve her lot in life, but given her choices so far, I don't know that she would accept it.
    No Jeff, that is the whole point of the article as far as you are concerned, not me.

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Piss Off (Given)
    Piss Off (Received)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumplestillskin View Post
    in the US being poor is a crime...
    Seriously though, all capitalist societies need the poor to function.Without them, the economy would go belly up....
    Idleness is the crime. Refusal to take responsibility. Being poor, hardly.

The whole point of capitalist systems is you dont have to remain poor.
    Last edited by jillian; 02-13-2007 at 06:32 PM.